• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw at the spring shoot I have two Athlon scopes inbound. Ares BTR GEN2 2.5-15x50 and Ares ETR3 3-18x50 dealer threw in Athlon Armour scope rings.

Was hoping to get Helos 4-20 BTR GEN2 put it seems they are very popular and sell out quickly

I'm looking forward to checking out @shooterrex 's Arken scope this fall

6 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

From what I saw at the spring shoot I have two Athlon scopes inbound. Ares BTR GEN2 2.5-15x50 and Ares ETR3 3-18x50 dealer threw in Athlon Armour scope rings.

Was hoping to get Helos 4-20 BTR GEN2 put it seems they are very popular and sell out quickly

I'm looking forward to checking out @shooterrex 's Arken scope this fall

Scope should be here tomorrow.

Lone Wolf McQuade has been talking up these scopes.

There is a long thread over on snipers hide about them.

I hope they are as good or better than the Athlon scopes I have.

Just waiting on the scope and the muzzle brake.

On 7/30/2023 at 10:02 PM, shooterrex said:

Been ordering stuff today so maybe I can shoot the mile target.

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/b14/hmr-rifle/

Arken Optics SH4 GEN2 6-24X50 Rifle Scope FFP VPR Illuminated Reticle with Zero Stop 34mm Tube

WEAVER Extended Multi Slot Base Remington 700 LA 20 MOA

Monstrum Precision Scope Rings with Integrated Level Bubble 34 mm

We will see.

Did you get the Left or Right hand model?

It goes boom. Scope scooted on me a bit. Guess I didn't have it all tightened down. Still waiting on the muzzle brake. Just shooting off the hood of my jeep using a sleeping bag for a rest.

Should do better off a table w/bags. 96 yds.

Very decent factory trigger.

20230806_180759.jpg

Edited by shooterrex

On 8/6/2023 at 7:07 PM, shooterrex said:

It goes boom. Scope scooted on me a bit. Guess I didn't have it all tightened down. Still waiting on the muzzle brake. Just shooting off the hood of my jeep using a sleeping bag for a rest.

Should do better off a table w/bags. 96 yds.

Very decent factory trigger.

20230806_180759.jpg

I like it! Damn nice

2 hours ago, jrtmasp said:

My moment of weakness. A Bergara Premier or Tikka T3x were in play but I’ve wanted a DD for a while.  Time to start saving again 😂 

It's how we roll.  Plan, make steps  - GET SIDE-SWIPED! - and drive on with the original plan.  Unless we get side-swiped again...   When it comes down to it, when that happens, it won't matter if it's the Bergara or the Tikka - they're both great rifles. 

8 hours ago, jrtmasp said:

New Daniel Defense .308 inbound…IMG_0063.thumb.jpeg.0aceee3a6c907dba0348ad7712c0fc85.jpeg

Been happy with mine in it's limited use to date  (about 50 rounds).  I did install a LaRue MBT2 trigger.  Out the box, it was a tack driver (<0.75" groups at 100 yards off of lawn furniture) using Hornaday 178g Precision Hunter ELD-X.  Enjoy!

DD%.jpg

Edited by MtnMike
I can't spell

Hellish great rifle, just in the design of the upper/rail fitment, and having zero contact with the barrel.  Built-in accuracy, that you don't have to fight, right out of the box.  Very few manufacturers have a design like that - around 4 do.  Badass gun.

17 hours ago, MtnMike said:

Been happy with mine in it's limited use to date  (about 50 rounds).  I did install a LaRue MBT2 trigger.  Out the box, it was a tack driver (<0.75" groups at 100 yards off of lawn furniture) using Hornaday 178g Precision Hunter ELD-X.  Enjoy!

DD%.jpg

Good to know, thanks. I’ve bought a dozen or so different boxes to test out when the time comes next month.  The barrel/DD consistent quality and price had me. Prices are getting out of hand from some competitors.

23 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Sweet looking rifle, love the colour.

Mil Spec+ is their name for it. Wish they offered some of their AR15 colors for it but I thought it was pretty nice and worth a little extra tacked on

On 8/9/2023 at 11:42 PM, Rsquared said:

Sweet rifle ya big ol' mutant.

😆👍

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Hellish great rifle, just in the design of the upper/rail fitment, and having zero contact with the barrel.  Built-in accuracy, that you don't have to fight, right out of the box.  Very few manufacturers have a design like that - around 4 do.  Badass gun.

I think I watched every video Youtube had for it. Some decent videos of it stacked up against some bigger price tag rifles and it held its own. I agree about the upper/rail design…the BCG was another big selling point for me

Edited by jrtmasp

• 5 weeks later...