• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cram it - get a pic.  Make it fit, brother.  Mongo Smash might have to appear here, but let it RIP!...   :banana:

WAIT!!!   YOU tripled HAND stitched that thing, JUST to MAKE the mags fit?!!? 

You just went up another notch beyond the canned chicken, by far...   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

13 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Cram it - get a pic.  Make it fit, brother.  Mongo Smash might have to appear here, but let it RIP!...   :banana:

WAIT!!!   YOU tripled HAND stitched that thing, JUST to MAKE the mags fit?!!? 

You just went up another notch beyond the canned chicken, by far...   :hail:

Triple hand stitched with dental floss.

waxed but not mint flavored 

Edited by AngelDeVille

1 minute ago, AngelDeVille said:

Triple hand stitched with dental floss.

waxed but not mint flavored 

That's BADASS!!!  

However, here's where we differ on opinions.  I've stitched alot of extra shiit onto my TA-50 gear in the past life.  Extra grenade pouches onto my canteen covers (you can fit 2 on a canteen cover) - stuff like that. 

I ALWAYS used the Mint-waxed dental floss.  Because it's green.  I didn't want shiit stitched onto my web gear, with white dental floss - and no, that's not racist...  

Dental floss is the shiit for stitching gear together.  I'm glad to see this from you, man - big time.  If your fangs can't rip dental floss, nothing can.  It's the toughest "thread" in the world...  :hail::banana:

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's BADASS!!!  

However, here's where we differ on opinions.  I've stitched alot of extra shiit onto my TA-50 gear in the past life.  Extra grenade pouches onto my canteen covers (you can fit 2 on a canteen cover) - stuff like that. 

I ALWAYS used the Mint-waxed dental floss.  Because it's green.  I didn't want shiit stitched onto my web gear, with white dental floss - and no, that's not racist...  

Dental floss is the shiit for stitching gear together.  I'm glad to see this from you, man - big time.  If your fangs can't rip dental floss, nothing can.  It's the toughest "thread" in the world...  :hail::banana:

When did they issue that fancy ass TA-50 gear?  I have some now, and I prefer the mag pouches over the 3 mag 2 grenade alice stuff, but the rest is just ok.

9 hours ago, AngelDeVille said:

When did they issue that fancy ass TA-50 gear?  I have some now, and I prefer the mag pouches over the 3 mag 2 grenade alice stuff, but the rest is just ok.

:lmao:    I didn't see a Load Bearing Vest in woodland camo until I got to 7th ID(L) in 1989...   Hell, even 2qt canteens were kinda new still, then.  :laffs:

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Another option without the mint is upholstery thread.
I've used it to hand stitch new straps, made from 1" mil spec web, on pads and new industrial Velcro on the straps for mountain bike leg armor. I've also used it to make new tire tie down straps for bike racks.
It holds up forever.

Upholstery thread is great as is artificial sinew, -BUT- I can always remember where I put the dental floss.

I got my first pistol light -AND- my first pistol optic in today…

I feel all modern and poop….

still lighter than an officers model 1911 with the light and over twice the capacity.

I’m trying to figure out if I will carry it with the light or not…

IMG-2125.jpg

That's a damn good setup, brother.  For me, I have preferences, but i haven't tried every single thing out there - I get lucky, one of my best buds is the local gun shop ninja, so I get to shoot alot of new shiit, right when it comes out.  They usually suck at it, and hand it to me, and it works just fine, somehow...  Dunno...  :laffs:

I don't care what gun or hardware that people carry or shoot - I care THAT people carry and shoot.  The hardware kinda doesn't matter - but the training and mentality does matter.  I love it all.  

That pistol setup is fuckin' sweet, man...   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

Nice rig! It's been a while since I put the Holosun on my EDC Sig, but I remember it being a pain to find a holster to IWB carry. The Holosun was shaped a bit different than the Romeo red dot commonly paired and sold with the Sig.  At that time, Vedder holsters offered lotsa options for pistols with different optics and lights.  Not sure how you carry, but that would be my recommendation for a starting point.  Excellent leather holsters.

12 hours ago, DNP said:

After you take that around a few places at night, you might find yourself buying some more lights.  

This is a fairly small light but I tried it on my CZ P-09 and I will likely get the trl7a for it. Tlr7 sub is the one I have on the hello kitty now. 

11 hours ago, MtnMike said:

Nice rig! It's been a while since I put the Holosun on my EDC Sig, but I remember it being a pain to find a holster to IWB carry. The Holosun was shaped a bit different than the Romeo red dot commonly paired and sold with the Sig.  At that time, Vedder holsters offered lotsa options for pistols with different optics and lights.  Not sure how you carry, but that would be my recommendation for a starting point.  Excellent leather holsters.

I have been a fan of g-code holsters for quite some time, but they don’t currently have one for this pistol light combo. So my business will be going to Werkz holsters for the pistol/light combo. 

Not really in the mail anymore. But I got myself an "accessory" to sling onto the bottom rail of one of my carbines.

20230420_163439.thumb.jpg.ee58e877e566a644069431edb3bd2da4.jpg

Just for a visual. I slid it onto a Daniel's carbine. This one has a shorter rail, so I'll probably build another with a rail long enough so the look blends.

Yep. That's a first world problem right there.

20230420_164918.thumb.jpg.c205c2aea844f72db1f7e8120d63cd8c.jpg

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

Not really in the mail anymore. But I got myself an "accessory" to sling onto the bottom rail of one of my carbines.

Just for a visual. I slid it onto a Daniel's carbine. This one has a shorter rail, so I'll probably build another with a rail long enough so the look blends.

That's a fun addition right there! I recommend the aluminum hulls.🍻

Edited by sketch
Cool shits 😎

3 hours ago, Rsquared said:

@Robocop1051 surprised me with one of those several years ago, out here at the SDTF.  As an old M203 gunner - I went apeshiit with it...   :lmao::hail:

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

@Robocop1051 surprised me with one of those several years ago, out here at the SDTF.  As an old M203 gunner - I went apeshiit with it...   :lmao::hail:

Yep. I was there. I've wanted one ever since. They never seemed to be in stock every time I went looking for one. Finally stumbled across Spike's website the other night, and they had some in stock. And I said ship that $hit out to me right away. :laffs:

46 minutes ago, StarWolf said:

Nothing in the mail.

3X, 308 large frames in the parts boxes.
1.5X 6.5 Grendels in the parts boxes.
.223 Wylde at least one in the parts box plus extras.

Well, get some stuff in the mail, and build those things...