• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@shepp, we'll run through rigs this time, and talk about "the why" for some of this stuff.  My Long Range rig is exactly how I need it, after several changes, but for a specific reason.  I know @Cunuckgaucho asked me a couple years ago to go through that rig, and we just ran out of time to do it.  We'll make it a point to do, this year. 

Everything has a function - or it goes.  Something else will replace it.

On 10/17/2023 at 10:25 PM, 98Z5V said:

Nope - that's good gear, brother.  You'll love it, and we'll run it.   :thumbup:

It felt weird unloaded, then I got it all loaded and fuck this is heavy! But after putting it back on and got it semi fitted it feels really good and I got room for snacks 

IMG_8828.jpeg

IMG_8829.jpeg

1 hour ago, shepp said:

I’m gonna squeeze a service screwdriver in there for you 

Skittles.  That's where it's at.  When you NEED something...  it doesn't matter if you have all the wrong tools - Skittles makes you forget about that...   :laffs:

16 hours ago, MtnMike said:

Curious if any of you guys have experience with DNZ rings/mounts? Considering the integral one-piece Reaper rings for the 10/22 I just ordered.

Very nice quality.  They make great stuff.   You scored a pretty nice rig, man - well done! 

• @98Z5VToo lazy to lap rings on a .22 in my old age. Also, this will allow me to discard the Weaver rail adapter that comes with this particular model 10/22.  Fewer connection points, fewer possible points of failure. Well learned lesson from rock climbing in my younger days. KISS.
  • Wish that the Nikon Prostaff rimfire scopes were still being made.  Put one of those on a high end Marlin 60 I gave my wife about 20 years ago. That rifle has scored more groundhog headshots than I could count. Leaning toward the Vortex Diamondback rimfire scope 2x7-35. Less than $200. Cannot justify the cost of a US made Leupold rimfire scope for a rifle that will primarily be tasked with rodent and woodpecker control.
Edited by MtnMike

7 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Some last minute Grendel ammo for the desert meet-up. I mean, you can never have too much.

I don't remember any grendel ammo on the list tom had about your ammo stash. I am bringing plenty of the Wolf grendel ammo. My guns seem to shoot that OK and I bought several cases before  Bi-dumb stopped Russian imports.