What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You are gonna love that one, brother - very well done.   :thumbup::hail:

Thanks, I think so. An Athlon mount just arrived today and I’m about to drop another $200 on caps, bubble level, and throw lever 🤦🏻‍♂️…might as well at this point 😆. Going to give MK Machining a try for that stuff.

On 6/30/2023 at 11:10 PM, 98Z5V said:

They make great gear, brother, you will NOT be disappointed in the least.  :hail::thumbup:

On 6/30/2023 at 10:57 PM, shepp said:

@Robocop1051 blames @98Z5V but I blame both of you. I’ve been looking at back packs for years, there are a couple good threads here. I found this one and between wanting a new camera bag and the versatility this should be great. Do I just have my iPad and 600mm or is there a suppressed .45 in there too? Trick or treat MFR

https://hazard4.com/collections/photo-gear/products/freelance?variant=44059288109369

I was unsure about it on arrival “smaller than it looked” (not the first time I’ve heard that!). A 10.5” iPad will not fit in the designated pocket with any kind of protective cover on it. But what will fit in the inner iPad pocket is a pistol 😍😍😍

IMG_6649.jpeg

after trying some configurations and getting a cheap ipad bag off Amazon I’m happier. 

I ran it last weekend going to the tractor pulls last weekend with my mono pod and little camp chair strapped to it and was very happy 

also @Armed Eye Doc I think I found a home for your patch 

IMG_6647.jpeg

IMG_6648.jpeg
that black pouch in the back ground is my big 150-600mm lens and will either mount where the iPad is or to the bottom of the pack when needed. I’m just getting it set up to use as my carry on next week. 

LaRue is discontinuing the LT-104 mount, so there's about 500 of them left.  Charging $199 for them with the QD levers.  That's about $60 off normal price.  I snagged one in 34mm.  If anybody wants to grab one, better get one of the last ones fast...   Lesson 65b - You snooze, you lose.  :thumbup:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-spr-m4-scope-mount-qd-lt104/?mc_cid=6d685e7e79&mc_eid=bd9d7dbc01

LT-104.thumb.jpg.24eaa05b86d9d24c7a66a539b78a0b12.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

• 2 weeks later...

Been ordering stuff today so maybe I can shoot the mile target.

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/b14/hmr-rifle/

Arken Optics SH4 GEN2 6-24X50 Rifle Scope FFP VPR Illuminated Reticle with Zero Stop 34mm Tube

WEAVER Extended Multi Slot Base Remington 700 LA 20 MOA

Monstrum Precision Scope Rings with Integrated Level Bubble 34 mm

We will see.

21 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Been ordering stuff today so maybe I can shoot the mile target.

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/b14/hmr-rifle/

Arken Optics SH4 GEN2 6-24X50 Rifle Scope FFP VPR Illuminated Reticle with Zero Stop 34mm Tube

WEAVER Extended Multi Slot Base Remington 700 LA 20 MOA

Monstrum Precision Scope Rings with Integrated Level Bubble 34 mm

We will see.

Nice! In 300 Win Mag?

23 hours ago, shooterrex said:

No sure what tread pattern the barrel is but I'm going to need a muzzle brake. Suggestions?

Brake, Witt Machine.  Especially if it's .300 Win Mag.  Should be 5/8" x 24 threads.  I'm guessing it's Win Mag, because you're doing the Long Action.  Speaking of that, will Rem 700 20 MOA bases bolt up right on the Bergara?  That's one hell of a good rifle, brother.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Yep 300 winmag

Supposed to take Remington 700 pattern parts. Probably a Timney trigger in its future too.

Ordered 100 rounds of this to start.

https://www.barnesbullets.com/product/precision-match/?attribute_pa_cartridge=300-win-mag&attribute_pa_bullet-weight-gr=220&attribute_pa_bullet-type=match-burner-otm-bt

This should be a fun project.

Edited by shooterrex

Okay, so an update on LaRue LT-104 scope mounts...   THEY'RE GONE.  Not produced anymore.  They were all cleared out for $199.  I ordered the 34mm on a Friday.  Called them on the next Monday to grab 2 x 30mm mounts - GONE.

ALL of the LaRue one-piece scope mounts have gone up to $399 each.  In the old, not-too-distant days, they were $210 is you wanted QD levers, $160 if you wanted to bolt it on.  That change to $258 a couple years ago, and there was no discount for non-QD anymore...

Now, they're $399.  So, I asked about that when I was trying to grab another couple 30mm's.  What happened?  The supplier of all the specific aluminum that they use to make those mounts - jacked the price up on the company.  Only way to still produce them is to add that price increase directly into the mount price.  Yep.  Bidenomics. 

So, from now on, when I really want to have a LaRue mount on a gun, I'm shucking out 4-hundo for one...  That sucks... 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Okay, so an update on LaRue LT-104 scope mounts...   THEY'RE GONE.  Not produced anymore.  They were all cleared out for $199.  I ordered the 34mm on a Friday.  Called them on the next Monday to grab 2 x 30mm mounts - GONE.

ALL of the LaRue one-piece scope mounts have gone up to $399 each.  In the old, not-too-distant days, they were $210 is you wanted QD levers, $160 if you wanted to bolt it on.  That change to $258 a couple years ago, and there was no discount for non-QD anymore...

Now, they're $399.  So, I asked about that when I was trying to grab another couple 30mm's.  What happened?  The supplier of all the specific aluminum that they use to make those mounts - jacked the price up on the company.  Only way to still produce them is to add that price increase directly into the mount price.  Yep.  Bidenomics. 

So, from now on, when I really want to have a LaRue mount on a gun, I'm shucking out 4-hundo for one...  That sucks... 

I picked up 3 in 30mm after you first posted the link. Thanks for the heads up.:hail:

Looking at it now, and seeing what happened - I saw the other ones shoot to $399.  And I called for 2 more 30mm's after the 34 was on the way. 

With them being $4-hundo now, you just got 3 mounts for the current price of 1.5 mounts.  :thumbup:

...you're also the reason there were no more 30's for me to buy...   :lmao::thefinger::banana:

21 hours ago, jim3326 said:

I could be persuaded to part with 1.🤑:laffs:

Nah, I'm good right now, but I had a sneaky plan with getting 2 more 30s.  I've been the LT-158 Ho for a long time.  Basically, the 104 but with 10 MOA built in.  I started thinking about it, and I have some good BDC scopes in 158s, and they really don't need to be in those.  So, if I snag a couple more 104s, I can swap those out on those few rifles, and save those 158s for later - on something I'll need that 10 MOA on...

However, Lesson 65b got me!  You Snooze, You Lose!   :lmao:   At least I got that 34mm here now, and it's one that I actually do need.

Edited by 98Z5V

well I was getting all the parts together for my ar10 build when I realized I didn't have a mag release. SOOOO i ordered a Troy Industries mag release. Got it in and thennnnnn realized that it didn't have the button and the spring.. SOOOOO i had to order that. lolol.... Anyways I got it in and gave all of it to my friend to assemble since I am AR retarded concerning assembly and he is an armorer. Im very lucky for that. Today I got the final final piece which is a Pelican 1750 rifle case. It is super nice. Very heavy duty. Cant wait to get it back and shoot it