• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/1/2023 at 2:56 AM, MtnMike said:

@Turd FurgesonI've got several variants of the small Fenix rechargeable lights in the 2800 - 3000 lumen range and they are bright AF.  Be careful you don't blind yourself with a 10K variant (only kind of kidding).

I love that it comes with a fire warning tag that says don't point it too long at any combustible material 🔥

Ordered a Leupold VX3 from Sportsman's Warehouse.  Coupled an early Black Friday $100 off sale with a 15% off code I got for signing up for text notifications. Fair price that way.  Of course being Sportsman's even though the website say it is in stock at my local store and ready to pick up, getting the actual merchandise might take weeks.  My experience online ordering for pickup from them over the last while indicates to me that they have no clue when it comes to what they have in inventory.  I recall talking to a kid working in the store some months ago.  While trying to find some boating gear, that the phone said was in the store but we couldn't find, he told me that more stuff walked out the store stolen than was sold.  Said state of affairs.

7 minutes ago, MtnMike said:

Ordered a Leupold VX3 from Sportsman's Warehouse.  Coupled an early Black Friday $100 off sale with a 15% off code I got for signing up for text notifications. Fair price that way.  Of course being Sportsman's even though the website say it is in stock at my local store and ready to pick up, getting the actual merchandise might take weeks.  My experience online ordering for pickup from them over the last while indicates to me that they have no clue when it comes to what they have in inventory.  I recall talking to a kid working in the store some months ago.  While trying to find some boating gear, that the phone said was in the store but we couldn't find, he told me that more stuff walked out the store stolen than was sold.  Said state of affairs.

They were exceptional when I got a 300 Win Magnum from them.

@Sisco  Glad to hear you're getting good service there. I'm always refreshed by the people and values I encounter when I visit Wisconsin.  The two stores I've had issues with are both small in cities in the SE. My local store in Asheville, NC is chronically understaffed with a lot of turnover. I generally do get what I order. Sometimes it takes awhile to get a notification.  Often, I have to go to the store and ask them what's going on before they locate my order.  The other store was in Lynchburg, VA, which is the closest store to my lake cabin.  The issue that really irks me is when I place an order for something to pickup from a specific store, which says the specific item is in stock and ready and for pickup, and then crickets... that's where I am now with this scope and rings.  Placed the order yesterday online before the store opened.  Immediately, got an email confirming order.  Then nothing.  Now, over 24 hours later, the website still shows both the scope and rings as being in stock at my store, and my order status as "pending".  This is the 3rd or 4th time, at least, that I've ran into this with Sportsman's.  Not really that big a deal. I'm in no huge rush.  Just disappointing service.  Not a lot of local options.  Glad we at least have a store for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a Yamaha electric golf cart. Needs cleaned up a bit and some lights on it. Also needs a windshield. Batteries only a year old. I'm going to put a solar panel on the roof. I'll get a pic tomorrow when it's light. This will be about perfect for running  around the farm. 2006 model year. Quiet so I can sneak up on dear and turkeys.

• 2 weeks later...