• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

Boy right now as of today I have a few more items on order.

1. AR308 80% lower

2. AR308 80% Jig

3. JP enterprises 15.5 inch 308 handguard

4. torque wrench adapter tool deal for 308 build

5. Shadow Ops 308 BCG

5 boxes of stuff arrived today from the mail lady and UPS. They included the rest of the goodies needed for my AR308. Upper receiver, gas block, gas tube, magpul stock, buffer tube spring and buffer, headspace gauges, grip, Rainer barrel, and lower parts kit...

On my tabuk build I am waiting for a SVD cheek rest....Also waiting for a buddy to send me a green mountain RPK barrel I had him turn down for the Tabuk...

these are really my last two big builds for a while. I have wanted a Tabuk clone forever and pulled the trigger when I got a M70 milled kit last year for short money...

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered the Timney AR-15 drop-in trigger module. Sure took a lot of comparison shopping to decide what to do with the trigger on my DPMS LR-308T. Nearly got the Jard but decided not to on account of all the work required filing off bits of metal. Trouble with filing is that you can't use it to add metal and screwups are basically permanent.

I just placed an order for a Tubb Precision T2K RH Wood Grip (Walnut) from David Tubb for   $69.95 (plus shipping).

It turns out you can order the same thing from Midway for $92.99 (plus shipping), but you have to back-order with an expected in-stock date of October 13.

I nearly ordered this earlier, and this is mentioned on another thread here, but there was some doubt whether or not this walnut pistol grip would fit a DPMS LR-308. According to the video at the company website, the grip 'would not fit an AR 15'. On the other hand, I got an email from the company saying it *would* fit a DPMS.

With the blurb at Midway saying it fits "AR-15 and AR-10 rifles" and a discount (for now) of $23.04 via the Tubb website, I decided to take the plunge.

I did manage to find another source of wood pistol grips for AR-type rifles from Pro-Grip, but I'm not sure I like the idea of the safety selector swinging down into a slot, and it looks like the design has maybe too much "pull length" on the trigger engineered in. Also, it's more expensive, at $135.

I seriously would have been tempted to spend more money for a Nill Tactical grip, which is utterly beautiful, but couldn't find anyone who sells them.

I nearly bought a Colt 1911 Grip Adapter from Pearce Grip so that I could put a 1911 Master Grip on it, but online comments changed my mind. Turns out the Pearce unit is plastic, doesn't fully support the entire grip panel behind the trigger, is wider than the standard 1911 hardware (meaning one-piece grips won't work), and always requires that the grip panel be inletted for the safety selector.

There's companies out there that produce complete sets of wood furniture for AR-15s, like here, here and here. However, none of them offers a kit with a free-float tube for the DPMS, and none of them (I emailed them all) will just sell the pistol grip separately. At least, none of them answered the emails, and by now it's been months.

Wow that was a lot of shopping. I take it as proof that there's an untapped market out there for AR wood grips. That Nill Tactical grip is awesome.

I just placed an order for a Tubb Precision T2K RH Wood Grip (Walnut) from David Tubb for   $69.95 (plus shipping).

It turns out you can order the same thing from Midway for $92.99 (plus shipping), but you have to back-order with an expected in-stock date of October 13.

I nearly ordered this earlier, and this is mentioned on another thread here, but there was some doubt whether or not this walnut pistol grip would fit a DPMS LR-308. According to the video at the company website, the grip 'would not fit an AR 15'. On the other hand, I got an email from the company saying it *would* fit a DPMS.

Do NOT order the grip from Tubb. The woodworking is so crude that it would take literally hours of sanding to make it as smooth as the picture. And when it was sawn off of the main block of wood, you can see where the saw bound up -- there's a saw gouge from top to bottom nearly 1/4" deep and the wood is burned from where the saw torqued. The inletting in the wood where the receiver inserts is off kilter and will not properly fit the receiver. There are no holes for the springs for the safety and takedown detents. No person alive has a hand large enough to hold the grip itself. I cannot imagine they let work like this out of the shop. I am sending this back and hoping for the best.

Just a few things:

-BCM H3 buffer to soften my PWS MK216's recoil impulse a bit.

-BCM Gunfighter Grip Mod 3 to try it out (I have the Mod 0 and Mod 1 which I feel are slightly too thin).

-KAC Thumb rests to replace the LaRue index clips I've been using as thumb rests.

-KAC URX 4 13" rail! This might actually give my Noveske NSR the boot!

Farkle, you really can't go wrong with Heavybuffers.com , I have one in my mk214 and it's great!

I'll see if I need it. I tried Robo's gun with the XH (6.5oz) buffer and it cycled too slowly for my taste. Slash's next lightest buffer is 5.6oz (same weight as the H3). It didn't make sense for me to pay $99 for the 5.6oz CAR-10 buffer or $75 for the 6.5oz AR-15 carbine buffer when I can get an H3 for $37. I don't know if your MK214 has the same receiver extension as mine, but the Mod1 uses standard AR-15 carbine buffers.

Edited by FaRKle!

For the first time in a long time, I don't have anything on order outstanding (or at least I don't think that I do). But, don't worry fella's. I got the little surprise while poking around in my basement yesterday...........that my water heater is leaking around the draincock. YEA! So I guess that I get to replace it on this upcoming weekend. F@#K ME!

Guess that I can't complain too much though. According to the tag, I last replaced it in 88. Yep....that's 25 years on that bad boy. Definitely got every dime outta that thing.Time to break out the torch this weekend.