• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear if it were not for the Internet I would be RICH!!!

Received notice that Silver State Armory is having a sale on 308 ammo...so of course I checked it out and with the 10% off with my MIL certified status I couldn't resist...

Now have 1000 rounds of 308 168 grain match ammo on the way!

I don't even have my build complete yet!!!! Dammit!!!! I know I know; I sound like a chic: but it was on sale...

Haha chicks got nothing like the sickness you got! Unless we here you out grew your guns!

Well that's not going to happen! Although in my defense...the cost was $13.46 per box of 168 grain Nosler custom competition match cartridges! I mean don't get me wrong...I'm not a spendthrift but sometimes you gotta say WTF and just go for it!!!

Another 500 rds. of Independence 5.56 on the way courtesy of Midway.  

Two more lowers still pending from SAA... been on order since the 28th but they screwed up getting the FFL info and didn't bother to contact me so that's been sitting forever.  Should ship this week.

New scope/rings/level gets here tomorrow.... what else..

Been picking up more 7.62x51 ZQI here and there at Walmart (mostly for the brass)

Another 500 rds. of Independence 5.56 on the way courtesy of Midway.

Two more lowers still pending from SAA... been on order since the 28th but they screwed up getting the FFL info and didn't bother to contact me so that's been sitting forever. Should ship this week.

New scope/rings/level gets here tomorrow.... what else..

Been picking up more 7.62x51 ZQI here and there at Walmart (mostly for the brass)

I just picked up 60 rounds of the 308 perfecta and 150 of the 223 from Walmart

how do you like that stuff anyway. I've seen it there and thought about getting some but I just can't seem to resist the siren song of <$0.50/rd. for reloadable m80.

I've yet to shoot it but I started a thread on it in the ammo section and a few vouched for it

• 3 weeks later...

Learned a valuable lesson this morning...you see I was reading this forum in the wee hours this morning & decided to check out the Tactical Machining link; saw that they had 556 lowers on sale and somehow a few of them ended up in my cart and then on my credit card.

Lesson: be careful of the early morning link views or you just may end up in a moment of weakness with a few more soon to be builds on your hands.

How's this for one effed up UPS tracking status...  i'm so pissed off...

04/02/2015 4:00 A.M. A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're working to resolve the problem and deliver your package as soon as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Damn...sounds like the truck broke down and they need to either tow it or do a lateral transfer. Either way it's always a disappointment when you're anticipating a delivery & all excited about it to learn that your stuff isn't gonna be there as soon as you hoped!

Edited by Malig8r

How's this for one effed up UPS tracking status...  i'm so pissed off...

04/02/2015 4:00 A.M. A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're working to resolve the problem and deliver your package as soon as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

That means your package was caught in the machinery and now looks like it went through a paper shredder. Ooops.

Edited by Microgunner

How's this for one effed up UPS tracking status... i'm so pissed off...

My sources sent me this

53D34883-5FB1-4108-AFAC-4361F5D8B766_zps

The three days ago I placed a order with Amazon for a AD-Recon mount, they were the only people who had it in stock, and paid for 1 day shipping (2.99) and it took them two days to get it shipped. So I was supposed to get it today. When I checked the tracking it shows to be delayed by weather.

I called Amazon a few minutes ago and what they did surprised me. They cancel my order and placed another order for the same item with same day delivery. The he told me that since they screwed up I can keep both mounts.

Sweet 400 bucks of stuff for 200!

The three days ago I placed a order with Amazon for a AD-Recon mount, they were the only people who had it in stock, and paid for 1 day shipping (2.99) and it took them two days to get it shipped. So I was supposed to get it today. When I checked the tracking it shows to be delayed by weather.

I called Amazon a few minutes ago and what they did surprised me. They cancel my order and placed another order for the same item with same day delivery. The he told me that since they screwed up I can keep both mounts.

That's awesome!

I hate ordering from Amazon most the time I order something online it's cuz I want it need it in a reasonable about of time or I don't have time to go out and look in the stores. I mean that's why we order poop online right? There's been atleast 4 Times I've ordered from them because I needed it for a hunting trip or a project and it takes a week or better just to process my order?!? Then another 3-5 days to ship. Last time I ordered a week before deer hunting, some snow shoes cuz they got like 24" of snow up north. In my comments I put if these don't get processed and shipped to me in 10 days keep them I don't want them, the seller emailed me and kept awesome contacts with me on that transaction.

That is really cool of them tho, I'll have to call and bitch from now on