• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

Sweet light!

My post above needs an update...

I had ordered (my first ever order from them) from Optics Planet, and today cancelled my order, never to return.

One of the items was an Armalite 15" tactical key mod handguard kit, which they had listed as a "new item" on their site, complete with a cheesy little explosion graphic with those words inside.

Apparently it's so new to them that they don't have any in stock, and have no idea when they can get them. Took them almost a week of my order sitting in "pending" purgatory with no answer to my previous 2 emails to finally respond. There's something about a company that advertises items that they don't have or can't get that goes up my balloon knot sideways.

25 bucks more from the Armalite site, but I think it's worth it dealing with a reputable outfit.

Optics Plant IMHO is not.

~F.C.

F optics planet in the ear!

They list things as in stock until you order them, it could take months... F them. There are too many reputable dealers out there to deal with crap like that.

Keeping on track, I have my choke tube adapter, mod and turkey choke for my KSG on the way!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received 8, 100 round MTM plastic boxes to go with the 1000 rounds of .308 Federal Brass that I picked up a few weeks ago.  So far I've loaded up 500 rounds.  I also received in the same package one of those Frankford Arsenal Quick-n-EZ Rotary Seperator Kits and a new bulb for our Mitsubushi TV for when I'm not loading ammo.  

Too late now - did you ask Slash before you ordered it?...   <lmao>

Is it worth bothering him? I'll be needing a buffer and spring soon.........

And, I got my 200 free bullets from Hornady in the mail this week, 185 grain 45 XTP. ^-^  Love that 45 goodness.......

Edited by jtallen83

I seriously need to start getting some reloading equipment together but I don't know where to start.  So many manufacturers offering so many models.  Difficult to figure out when model will be overkill and which one will turn out to not be enough.

I seriously need to start getting some reloading equipment together but I don't know where to start.  So many manufacturers offering so many models.  Difficult to figure out when model will be overkill and which one will turn out to not be enough.

Hard to reach overkill, I always want more, faster, better..................

I'm still using the RCBS Rockchucker kit I bought with my fur money in '77 or'78.

I've always used my Redding Big Boss press with great results. Bought it with several other items in a kit from Natchez, me thinks....

Redding makes great stuff.

Most any manufacturer's dies are threaded the same.

That said, my dies are a mix of Redding, RCBS, Lyman, Hornady and Lee.

A kit might be the way to go if you're starting up.

Just add a die and shell holder, and go for it.

~ F.C.

Iv'e had RCBS and Lyman and even Herters,  I have been looking at the Lee Anniversary kit at Midway and Amazon, don't know where they are made, Dillon looks great for their progressive loaders.

Edited by mrmackc

I've been lucky I've gotten away with spending the funds lately I've been "allowed" to spend, but I'm sure my wife would not mind me spending the money for reloading gear if I convinced her it would save some money on ammo in the long run.

This definitely calls for the proper psychological approach and perfect timing.   :huh:

However ... if she finds out I ever bought ANYTHING made in China I will NEVER hear the end of it.   :blink:

Looking like Dillon may be in order.  If anyone knows for sure where the other brands are made please let me know.

I had a bad start to my morning so I soothed the savage beast by finding a sale and spending nearly $300 :binkybaby: .  I bought a few Seekins Precision parts.  Two melonited rifle length gas tubes, their safety selector in black, and their low mass BCG.

*Optics Planet (I know certain guys here hate them but I've always had luck through them).  10% off and free S&H.

Edited by jrtmasp