• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from NC

funny_spartan

Hey guys just got out of the Army and moved back to NC from TX. Oddly enough I used to hunt/dig for native American artifacts in my free time. Don't have that here so I figured id spend all of my money on guns. Looking forward to all of the discussions here and hopefully ill be building my own AR10 before long.. Im settling for a DPMS Oracle for now.

7 hours ago, funny_spartan said:

Thanks everyone, I'm glad to be on here. EngrBob Im from NC and my father is sick. I have a feeling ill be moving back to texas before long, I love it down there.

Hope your dad is better soon.  NC seems a bit iffy lately and Texas needs all of the the 308 aficionados it can get.

5 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

North Carolina is honestly one of the finest states in the US all around. It's the bastards in the Northeast/Eastern 1/3rd of the state that grab all the negative attention.

I have to agree, my time in north west NC was very enjoyable, looks like I'll be back in the neighborhood soon. Can't wait to get back to that 300 yard IBR range.

5 hours ago, funny_spartan said:

I cant speak for the NE part but NW part of NC Is beautiful country and few libtards. DNP  If a civil war breaks out ill head to Chicago with a Bernie shirt. Even if they had guns there they wouldn't know how to use them.

EngrBob I should be at least visiting Texas sometime this year. You ever go towards central tx?

Unfortunately I need to visit Austin (land of the snowflakes) on a fairly regular basis.

57 minutes ago, EngrBob said:

Unfortunately I need to visit Austin (land of the snowflakes) on a fairly regular basis.

I will always remember the TexDot engineer in Childress telling me we were going to do a verbal change order on a handshake because we didn't need the Austin fruit basket involved. 

Worked out good for me and the taxpayers with nothing but common sense applied!

Edited by jtallen83

Hey here funny_spartan!

Won't say that I am always tripping over American, and older, Indian artifacts but when out fossil hunting I do keep an eye out for points, stone tools teepee rings, washed out firepits etc...

Two summers ago I took and friend and his wife out bone hunting for their first time and within 15 minutes he found a complete and beautiful atlatl point. Plus we found some very nice mammal fossil pieces too. 

Hope you dig, why yes the pun is intended, your Oracle!

Edited by 1PETER216

8 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I will always remember the TexDot engineer in Childress telling me we were going to do a verbal change order on a handshake because we didn't need the Austin fruit basket involved. 

Worked out good for me and the taxpayers with nothing but common sense applied!

Marty Smith?  He is my counterpart in Childress.  Great guy!