Rattlesnakes

Belt Fed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dog got bit by a Pigmy Rattle Snake over a year ago , he no longer with us , but not because of the bite , but sure it didn't help with his body fighting through it . Very ugly wound from them things & I wish I had taken photos when his leg was four times its normal size , but here are a few i did get . Of course here in Fla. we have just about every venomous snake thats available in the USA

Five min. after the bite 

IMG_2783.thumb.JPG.bd42820335db6701715dff99ab31c8f1.JPG

IMG_2805.thumb.JPG.6c3f1a194b477d81dcab1bbdd0bcdd09.JPG

IMG_2804.thumb.JPG.74b7f71432384b428544bd3491ae791a.JPG

IMG_2806.thumb.JPG.3206751cfe7a8c23c2b677a175ea7f70.JPG

it did heal, finally & after a couple grand in vet bills

IMG_2861.thumb.JPG.2e821de45db85e555982c2446041a175.JPG

RIP Sampson ,my old friend 

22 hours ago, sketch said:

damn 6'! Thats un heard of around here.

I've seen a couple of 6 foot Diamondbacks around here, my first wife's dad killed one back years ago. We call them coon tail rattlers here because of the black and white striped tails. I killed one that was over 4 feet long back years ago, it almost got my son Josh when he was only about 3 years old. That diamondback got taken out with an Anaconda..........loaded with 44 Mag shotshells.😝

13 hours ago, survivalshop said:

My dog got bit by a Pigmy Rattle Snake over a year ago , he no longer with us , but not because of the bite , but sure it didn't help with his body fighting through it . Very ugly wound from them things & I wish I had taken photos when his leg was four times its normal size , but here are a few i did get . Of course here in Fla. we have just about every venomous snake thats available in the USA

Five min. after the bite 

IMG_2783.thumb.JPG.bd42820335db6701715dff99ab31c8f1.JPG

IMG_2805.thumb.JPG.6c3f1a194b477d81dcab1bbdd0bcdd09.JPG

IMG_2804.thumb.JPG.74b7f71432384b428544bd3491ae791a.JPG

IMG_2806.thumb.JPG.3206751cfe7a8c23c2b677a175ea7f70.JPG

it did heal, finally & after a couple grand in vet bills

IMG_2861.thumb.JPG.2e821de45db85e555982c2446041a175.JPG

RIP Sampson ,my old friend 

Sorry to hear about your dog, Poor guy had a rough go with that leg. you know it had to be painful.

The power of that venom can't be understated.  Snakebites are scary as hell.  Know your snakes - and kill the snake that bites, if you can. Someone needs to identify the type, and determine if it's neurotoxin or hemotoxin, as well as the proper anti to hit you with.  Having the dead snake is the best ID you're ever gonna find, and beats an eye-witness account everytime.  That poor pup got hit with hemo. 

Edited by 98Z5V

We have the western Rattle snake here they are kind of a greenish brown and only get maybe 3 to 4 ft. long when we moved to our new house years ago we had piles of old roofing and garbage all over took two 10 ton dumpsters to get it all and never saw one snake then after it was all cleaned up we killed 6 over the next 4 years and have not seen one here for 4 or 5 years which is ok with the little lady her policy is if it is within a half mile of this place she will run over take a hoe, or sig 320 or 12 gauge whichever comes first they scare the hell out of her.....

this is the same kind we have

Edited by Magwa

9 hours ago, Magwa said:

We have the western Rattle snake here they are kind of a greenish brown and only get maybe 3 to 4 ft. long when we moved to our new house years ago we had piles of old roofing and garbage all over took two 10 ton dumpsters to get it all and never saw one snake then after it was all cleaned up we killed 6 over the next 4 years and have not seen one here for 4 or 5 years which is ok with the little lady her policy is if it is within a half mile of this place she will run over take a hoe, or sig 320 or 12 gauge whichever comes first they scare the hell out of her.....

this is the same kind we have

I hope he had a long extension on the camera, cause he was way to close for me.lol

21 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

The power of that venom can't be understated.  Snakebites are scary as hell.  Know your snakes - and kill the snake that bites, if you can. Someone needs to identify the type, and determine if it's neurotoxin or hemotoxin, as well as the proper anti to hit you with.  Having the dead snake is the best ID you're ever gonna find, and beats an eye-witness account everytime.  That poor pup got hit with hemo. 

Not to mention expensive.  There was a story on the news tonight about a kid that got bit.  65 doses of anti-venom and $150,000.00 later, he is going to make it.  it will still take a little while for him to recover.

This whole thread is my 4-Buck heaven, right here.  This thread is the entire reason that 4-Buck was created in the first place.  All those som'bitches need blasted, no remorse. That guy with the camera had to have that thing on a LOOOONG pole...  and that still took balls...  No way.  Not in my backyard...