• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from ID

flyingfinn

Hello all! Looking forward to researching and discussing. I am about to start a build. I've already ordered parts. Mostly Aero Precision. I didn't find this site until after ordering. But I did consult with a friend prior to ordering. That is how I ended up ordering upper/lower made by AP. Sure wish I would've found this site before ordering. My buddy is a wealth of info, but lives on the other side of the country.

I'm just past the half century mark and find myself wanting to tinker with guns for the last couple of years, rather than just buying and shooting.

Thanks all! Called AP to try and cancel carbine buffer kit. Already processed for shipping. I did talk to someone named Dave on the phone that was very helpful, great customer service. Got a little "click happy" when buying online yesterday. Will regroup and post in correct topic. Thanks.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:45 AM, flyingfinn said:

cancel carbine buffer kit. Already processed for shipping

You will find a use for the spring and tube when you build your next small frame AR! Pretty sure no one has found a good use for a 2-1/2" 3 oz buffer yet. Maybe we should have a contest. 

3 hours ago, Albroswift said:

Pretty sure no one has found a good use for a 2-1/2" 3 oz buffer yet. Maybe we should have a contest. 

There is no good use for a 3oz or 3.8oz 2.500" .308AR buffer - a contest for one of those POS buffers should only consist of Tannerite.  See who can hit the biggest charge with one of those things sitting on top, and blow it the furthest.  That's the best use of a POS buffer like that. 

It's an aluminum-bodied buffer, though, and they only make 3.8oz (max they'll every get) by stuffing two tungsten weights in it - so take out the tungsten before we send it to the moon...  :thumbup:

On 3/4/2020 at 11:22 PM, 98Z5V said:

There is no good use for a 3oz or 3.8oz 2.500" .308AR buffer - a contest for one of those POS buffers should only consist of Tannerite.  See who can hit the biggest charge with one of those things sitting on top, and blow it the furthest.  That's the best use of a POS buffer like that. 

It's an aluminum-bodied buffer, though, and they only make 3.8oz (max they'll every get) by stuffing two tungsten weights in it - so take out the tungsten before we send it to the moon...  :thumbup:

Digging the realism. Learn something every day here. Welcome from Marylandstan.