• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

On 12/19/2020 at 12:30 AM, Rsquared said:

Nope. No big deal my brothers. I was just venting a little. There is a whole rabbit hole that I can go down about the company. Promises made (to the tune of a percentage of the company). And promises never kept once the company started taking off.

Just another example of, "always get it in writing".

I've always liked to think of myself as a "handshake" type of guy.

Just another example of how others just don't follow that type of rule.

Oh, and I'll dig that bitch out of the trash for ya Tom. Just out of principle, I don't want the damn thing.

I feel for you brother I know you're a good hand. 🍺🍺

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

I had a weakass mutherfuker out of local lost his hold on his johnson bar getting an air handler on the pad. I was prone on the bar that was touching the ground, it came up and threw me a couple of feet into a pile of cinder block debris. It punched a hole in my Bridge hat, put a mouse on my eye. Got my mouth out of the way just in time. Good time's 🍺🍺

This one come off the rail of a case and caught the end cap popping my end back up. Caught me in the bottom of my chin snapping my mouth shut. I bite thru my tongue in 3 places, split my chin open and sent my hard hat 20’. One of the only times I’ve ever seen stars but it didn’t KO me. I did end up with 4 stitches in my chin and a tetanus shot. 

Edited by shepp

19 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

& why aren't you already sitting on an ample supply of it?

I have a bit, most of what i have is FMJ stuff. i didn't keep a lot of the hunting stuff around cause i figured it wouldn't be hoarded..was i ever wrong. I got two 308's to sight in with new scopes and need more than i have. i have looked everywhere. i found a couple places but i ain't payin 35 to 40 bucks a box.

Edited by Belt Fed

54 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

I have a bit, most of what i have is FMJ stuff. i didn't keep a lot of the hunting stuff around cause i figured it wouldn't be hoarded..was i ever wrong. I got two 308's to sight in with new scopes and need more than i have. i have looked everywhere. i found a couple places but i ain't payin 35 to 40 bucks a box.

This is why I own another 30-06. Even in august I got 200 rounds at normal price I could hunt with 

58 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

I hear ya. poop that never sold at all is even gone off the shelves. I spent an a$$load of cash last couple years while ammo was cheap(way more than was even remotely responsible, fuk responsibly) I should NEVER have to buy ammo again, kids probably won't either lol. If I knew ammo would be available at reasonable prices again in the next year, I'd sell off 1/2 my inventory @ current prices & freakin retire tomorrow! But I'm not taking that gamble with the $shithead  communists playing their current games.

I got the stuff to reload a good bit of rounds too for my 270wsm, 25-06 & 308. Only wish I had gotten the stuff for 223 before this crap started. Got a bunch of brass but no primers or heads for that caliber. I do have a good bit of factory loeaded lake city, so I'll be good

1 hour ago, MikedaddyH said:

Did Iran do a missile attack on Bagdad last night ??? Chinese missiles bought with Obama money.

This made me think of a SOFREP article from yesterday.  They might be "testing resolve."  If they fuk up, Trump will send them into Oblivion, right now.  The "new administration?..."   Eh, maybe not.  Here's the article:

https://sofrep.com/news/us-navy-puts-iran-on-notice-in-the-persian-gulf/?utm_campaign=US Navy Puts Iran on Notice in the Persian Gulf (TuAwWN)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=SOFREP - Highly Engaged&_ke=eyJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIkhWUzNDYSIsICJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJyZ3JoYXJ0bGV5QGhvdG1haWwuY29tIn0%3D

US Navy Puts Iran on Notice in the Persian Gulf

by Sean Spoonts 1 day ago

US Navy Puts Iran on Notice in the Persian Gulf

On December 21, 2020, the Guided Missile Submarine USS Georgia transited the Straights of Hormuz into the Persian Gulf accompanied by the Guided Missile Cruisers USS Philippine Sea and Port Royal. It is likely that at least one, possibly two, submerged attack submarines also transited the straights.

This is a significant force increase for the Navy in the region. It comes as three aircraft carriers, the USS Nimitz, USS Theodore Roosevelt, and USS Dwight D. Eisenhower are also deployed in the Pacific and Indian oceans.

The Georgia transiting on the surface of the straits sends a clear message to Iran.

Pundits are divided about what that message might be. I think there are two messages.

Firstly, it is fairly routine for the U.S. military to lean into potential adversaries whenever there is a change in presidents. This is to signal that America maintains its decisiveness, in terms of leadership, during these power transitions. Iran is certainly not a fan of President Trump. His expected departure in January may prompt Iran to take some action against our allies, tankers, or other targets to try and set the agenda for incoming President Biden.

Secondly, January 3 marks the first anniversary of the U.S. airstrike that killed Iranian Major General Qassem Soleimani. Iran has vowed to avenge his death. A change of U.S. administrations could be seen as an opportune time for retaliation by Iran that could think a new president will not retaliate immediately and decisively.

This is exactly what USS Georgia, Philippine Sea and Port Royal represent: the ability to retaliate quickly and decisively. And it’s all about their weapons systems.

The USS Georgia carries 154 Tomahawk Cruise missiles that it can fire from 22 launch tubes. The vessel can salvo all 154 missiles in a very short time as the old Trident Missile silos on the Georgia can hold seven Tomahawks at a time. The two guided-missile cruisers can carry up to 122 Tomahawks each. Add them together and these three ships can deliver one Hell of a Sunday punch in under an hour. A total launch of nearly 400 guided missiles would overwhelm Iranian missile defenses. And the low flying, terrain-following Tomahawk is not an easy missile to shoot down.

Additionally, these Aegis radar-equipped cruisers can launch their missiles while, simultaneously, being able to defend themselves from any attack by land, sea, or air at the same time. Certainly, part of this task force would be one or more attack submarines to interdict any threat to the cruisers or USS Georgia by Iran’s diesel submarines should they sortie from their home ports.

USS-Georgia-2.jpg?resize=1024%2C683&ssl=

Therefore, the message to Iran, should it decide to avenge the death of Soleimani or test an incoming administration, is 400 cruise missiles in the air at once.

The Georgia is also equipped with berths for up to 66 SOF personnel at a time. The two missile tubes up forward were converted into lock-out chambers to permit clandestine deployment and recovery of Navy SEALs and their equipment along with a Dry Deck Shelter for extra gear. A powerful communications suite rounds out its SOF capability allowing the Georgia to function as a Combatant Joint Command Center. The threat of Navy SEALS seizing and destroying Iran’s offshore oil platforms or entering harbors to place limpet mines on its vessels will keep Iranian port facilities and rigs on high alert for weeks on end.

An important role of the U.S. Navy is deterring threats from potential adversaries and Iran is certainly one. This latest move by the Navy ought to get Iran’s attention which will bluster, huff, and have a reason to pause.

Nevertheless, during this presidential transition, we haven’t deployed ships just to the Persian Gulf. In November the navy conducted joint operations with the navies of India, Australia, Japan in a clear message to China about our ability to not only project power in the Pacific but to demonstrate that we do not stand alone in checking China’s expansionist aims in the South China Sea.

Now, how's THAT for some random shiit...   :thumbup: