• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, DNP said:

Yeah, a little. Damn!  It tried at our place Monday. Sleet and little flurries all day. No sticking. Kids were bummed, but I’m alright with no snow. 

8-9” in less than 12 hours. It started at 3:30-4pm and was done when I looked out the window at 4am 

47 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

I had about 8" of snow on my patio table about a month ago! A day later it was all gone. That's life in the desert!

My great uncle lived north of LA in the Lucern Valley, he’d get 2-3 feet and it would be gone on a day or two 

We had a tornado in town today.  It hit a mobile home park and damaged about 15 trailers.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2020/12/30/national-weather-service-confirms-tornado-in-corsicana-early-wednesday/

It was a mile and a half from my house.  I didn't hear a thing until a couple of hours after.  Here is a picture from someone who was there.

IMG_20201230_172709.thumb.jpg.52a768a21dcf0ccc4c4f984c9e00096e.jpg

23 hours ago, DNP said:

Are there just that many Mobile Home parks, or does putting a bunch of them together somehow make a tornado magnet?  What the hell!?

Those things are so airtight they can literally explode from the atmospheric pressure drop caused by a tornado if all the doors and windows are closed (which is what people usually do in bad weather). They don't even have to be struck by the tornado. It's really odd, it seems like there are a lot more mobile homes per capita in the tornado belt than anywhere else!

On 12/30/2020 at 12:59 PM, shepp said:

8-9” in less than 12 hours. It started at 3:30-4pm and was done when I looked out the window at 4am 

You got more snow down there than we did up here.  4 maybe 5 inches and that was it.  I'll have to break down and get the driveway cleaned up tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Funny or scary? You make the call.

Do You Love Me? - YouTube

I heard that Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys sent a scout to see if he could draft a couple of these for his team, He said  "Well if they can't make the team,

I' ll just make them cheerleaders, Man they do have some mooves!"

Edited by mrmackc