• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

Random question…don’t we have a thread running somewhere with good books to read?  I did a quick search, but we tell people to read a lot…. I downloaded the Audible app and have been listening to some books. I spend close to 2 hours a day in the car, so this has been helping to not listen to the same songs over and over or the same talking heads on the AM dial. 

Edited by DNP
Damn phone changes good to “hood” every effing time.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know. I’m on the 30 day trial of Audible right now. A friend working for one of the defense companies here in SD recommended “The Kill Chain” and I have that one playing at the moment. It’s ok. Written by a staffer from McCain’s team, so that tells a little about where it’s at. 

On 9/20/2022 at 1:36 AM, 98Z5V said:

See if you can find this book on there, brother.  Let me know if it pops up there.

https://graciaburnham.org/books/in-the-presence-of-my-enemies/

See if they have this one as well...

Killer Elite: The Inside Story of America's Most Secret Special Operations  Team by Michael Smith | Goodreads

Amazon Kindle has this electronic version for $3.99.

51MFmZtH8kL._SY346_.jpg

Edited by mrmackc

On 9/20/2022 at 1:36 AM, 98Z5V said:

See if you can find this book on there, brother.  Let me know if it pops up there.

https://graciaburnham.org/books/in-the-presence-of-my-enemies/

See if they have this one as well...

Killer Elite: The Inside Story of America's Most Secret Special Operations  Team by Michael Smith | Goodreads

Yes it is on Kindle books store for $11.99 Electronic version,

Tom, did you find what you needed?

71Vu0NTHUPL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Edited by mrmackc

On 9/24/2022 at 1:54 AM, DNP said:

I wish I could save a copy of the audio from the killer elite I downloaded on audible. Completely the wrong narrator for it. If you were to be sipping tea with your pinky extended while reading the book…you might be this guy. 

Are you sure the Narrator wasn't doing the audio from a den in Calcutta, or maybe from Martha's Vineyard?

The battle with my dad’s jeep goes on. After the V8 swap, there was still a bunch of gremlins. Not wanting to shift right, small drops in power from random missing, just weird stuff. It went through a few different shops to chase things and work out wiring. He found a great shop up in Big Bear where he decided to have a manual transmission thrown in it and a bunch of wiring reworked. That then spun into new axles, new suspension, new wheels and tires, a cage, bodywork, some new skids and rock bars…I’m not even sure of the whole list. He went up to visit yesterday and sent back some photos. It’s been up there for most of the year as the guy working in it has a lot of other business he has to maintain and this kinda fills in the gaps. 

0DE24CA2-90A0-43B7-95AB-050C0778D3B4.jpeg

994EBC3C-A220-483F-B2B3-F8B7830670AC.jpeg

C2D48E39-01C8-45F5-A8DC-B13EEA5D533A.jpeg