• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

@98Z5V, I know you told the story and linked the article on occasion, but here is retelling of the story of the Rangers vs. gang bangers.

That's funny, I literally just watched that and popped over with the a copy of the link, gonna hit a @98Z5V and see it in the last post with reference to "another". I was thinking Tom made a video since it follows his explanation to larp boy on FULL30 so closely they could have used it as a script. :laffs:

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

@98Z5V, I know you told the story and linked the article on occasion, but here is retelling of the story of the Rangers vs. gang bangers.

Fuckin' HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKIN YEAH!!!! 

"Over 300 rounds, and 10 minutes later, the Crips were fighting for their lives..."

ALL those guys had "disciplinary action" taken against them.  Which was nothing, after no charges were filed by PD over that - they might have "instigated" some poop - and they may not have been "in the right"...  But they were NOT "in the wrong."  No charges filed.

The Big Army had to do something, though, and react.  Most of the guys were just moved to a different installation - for a short-tour - and went right back to Battalion.  I was blessed with SGT Megaloft (I don't know if that spelling is accurate) - but that's what I heard his name as, when it was being yelled at me...   :laffs:) as one of my Pre-Ranger instructors at Fort Ord, in 1990, when I went through the 7th ID(L) "Combat Leaders Course" - that was the Pre-Ranger course that the Division had set up.  That story, towards the end of the course - we'd ALL already heard about it  - was MOTIVATIONAL AF.  Rangers kicking some Crip A$s...   :banana::thefinger:

Tell you what...  I went to Ranger 1 week after graduating that course, and SMOKED Ranger School.  The real course didn't have shiit on what the Pre-course punishment did to us.  I'd go to Ranger again, twice over, before I'd to to that Pre course again.  Fuk that.  I came out of that Pre course with some serious awards, too.  Because, nobody likes a quitter.  :thumbup:

Savages.  It was punishment, just to get guys to quit.  Nobody likes a quitter, though - 3rd Grade Playground Rules, right there...

Which may seem crazy to most people, but SSG Foulk was not "most people." He was an elite operative, who at a moments notice, could hit hard, and smash FUCKING EVERYTHING, you know, Ranger Shiit, but violence was the LAST THING that the Staff Seargant wanted, and he remained optimistic...

fornicate around and find out...   :thumbup:

The Crips did.

14 minutes ago, DNP said:

It doesn’t appear anyone got smoked though…that was a bummer. 

That was their main intention - don't KILL anyone. That's a rap sheet.  Let them KNOW, that you WILL NOT FUK AROUND, 'ROUND HERE.  Not Up in here...

Edited by 98Z5V

36 minutes ago, DNP said:

It doesn’t appear anyone got smoked though…that was a bummer. 

Believe me, brother - if the goal was to kill those Crips - they'da been dead.  As Fuk. 

The plan worked out perfectly, according to the Ranger Plan that night.  Pure perfection, exactly as they intended it to be.

The plan was "draw attention to Hilltop" - because it MUST get violent to "draw attention to Hilltop" and make local Law Enforcement do something about it. 

Goal achieved.  They excelled in their mission that night.  Research "Tacoma Hilltop" now, and see what recent news stories are out there.  It's cleaned up.  Now.  :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

It’s a hard drive with a storage of 5 megabytes in 1956

A phone with 32GB of storage replaces 64 of those old unit

It's a lot crazier than that actually. A GB is 1024 megabytes. So that's 204.8 of those 5 MB hard drives per GB. Multiplied times 32 to meet the size of storage in the 32 GB phone; and that is 6,553.6; might as well round up to the next full hard drive at 6,554. 

A semi trailer can hold 26 pallets. So that's 252.07 semi trucks with 26 hard drives in the trailer of each one. Or; I guess a decently long train.