• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rare Breed FRT-15 Trigger

Words are nice, and I’d love to see them read, understood and followed…but I have zero faith in words stopping this administration. There will be consequences to their actions…but it’s a matter of how long until and how much consequence. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not as certain they will succeed in banning a forced reset trigger in this case. Anyone that read through the lawsuit, or reply to the cease and desist would have noticed; there is another trigger that the ATF apparently did already approve with this function. That trigger appears to be available, and even costs less at the moment. Only problem is, when I went to check out with one (from a computer in New York State); it said they didn't support any payment options for my state. Not super shocking; I bet they think it's questionably legal here. 

https://firearmsystems.net/product/tac-con-3mr

It's almost as if the ATF is acting like the New York State attorney general, sending out threatening letters that have no force of law behind them. They think (and are often correct) that threatening people with a lawsuit is enough to change behaviors.

Notice the ATF didn't raid Rare Breed and collect their customer data by force (yet)? They simply asked for help; hoping Rare Breed would comply, and help the ATF find all the triggers already sold? Really?!

^^  Yeah, they're fucked on that, right there all by itself.  They approved that 3MR trigger back in 2013. 

I thought I posted that data, but guess I didn't.  So, 8 years ago, that was fine - even from a trigger that rotates all the way over to the 3rd position.

But, now it's not.   I guess they "forgot that they approved that one..."   That's another feather in the cap for Rare Breed, completely, in this fight.

Dropped this in my most basic b!tc4 gun this morning. 14.5 pinned FH. Standard buffer. Whatever cheap FA BCG I had laying around. Didn't even lube it.

Decided to run some errands this morning and the road that takes me up the mountain is on the way home so I grabbed the stick and the 3 mags I had sitting on the shelf loaded up. Dumped one mag without a stutter. Second mag I decided to video so of course that one had a little miss. 3rd mag I let wifee run through half and then I finished it off and came home. Pretty damn happy with this toy lol. 

Edited by blue109

There is an update; the lawsuit has been amended with some details about how the ATF is trying to block 100% of the evidence from the administrative record in the case. Including the witnesses whom actually reviewed the FRT-15 trigger. I would be somewhat surprised if any sitting judge would put up with any of that. As if they can wish away actual records; "pretending" they weren't received or read (then later documented as irrelevant)?

I want to believe. 

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flmd.392523/gov.uscourts.flmd.392523.32.0.pdf

The BATFE is simply FUKKED in this case, just based on their "approval" of the 3MR trigger in 2013. They have no leg to stand on. If this weren't so stupid, on their part, it would be funny. 

I like how this will all shake out  - it's gonna be a defeat on the part of BATFE, and it's gonna be BAD for them.  But the language included in this lawsuit sets them up  - sets up BATFE - big time.  The language in this lawsuit directly spells out that "they don't MAKE LAWS, they are only ALLOWED to ENFORCE existing laws - that are MADE by those that are ALLOWED to MAKE LAWS. "  

BATFE is not ALLOWED to "Re-define" or INTERPRET existing laws. They're NOT Law-Makers.  They're Law-ENFORCERS... 

The lawsuit language is a work of art.  It's a fuckin' EPIC SETUP, and BATFE fell for it - right onto the sword that they thought they'd fight. 

:thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

• 3 months later...

Wowzer _ I’m very familiar with the technology- looks like the ATF suffered a

“Buckner” on this one. As I’ve fired just about every conceivable automatic 

small arm during my tour in Vietnam, this little zipper is the real thing ( comparably)- One problem I foresee is that most managed ranges restrict your rate of fire ( no joy) add that to .65-.95 per round—- it’s your wallet. All it takes is one psycho with bad intent to ruin the imaginary big difference btw a binary and any other fast fire device. I’ll defend my position on the only difference is who’s holding the gun and why they want one in the 1st place. Anything else is purely academic.

4 minutes ago, Telfon66 said:

Wowzer _ I’m very familiar with the technology- looks like the ATF suffered a

“Buckner” on this one. As I’ve fired just about every conceivable automatic 

small arm during my tour in Vietnam, this little zipper is the real thing ( comparably)- One problem I foresee is that most managed ranges restrict your rate of fire ( no joy) add that to .65-.95 per round—- it’s your wallet. All it takes is one psycho with bad intent to ruin the imaginary big difference btw a binary and any other fast fire device. I’ll defend my position on the only difference is who’s holding the gun and why they want one in the 1st place. Anything else is purely academic.

Let’s go Brandon