• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First time ever posting on a forum

Nitram_swerdna69

Hello. I was doing a lot of reading about the ar10 and build problems and was recommended this site on sniperhide and once I started reading I knew I had to join. Info here is above the rest. I’ve build many ar15s. I was into cloning for a bit there and I decided I wanted a bit more so I decided on a 308. So this is my first build. Bough my barrel which is a ba modern series 18” rifle length gas with a 1-10. (Went budget on this build to get my feet wet but once I am confident I can build one that’s reliable I will be upgrading to more quality parts)A non enhanced upper from aero and lower. Next was handguard. I then learned about high and low tangs. Mine is a high and I decided on a Midwest industries 15” handguard but none were in stock so I had to pick an aero. Not happy about. Next was my buffer system and that’s where it all began. U see I’m not a 3 gunner I’m more of a “be prepared “ kinda guy. So soft recoil and poop like that isn’t my main concern I’d be shooting 556 is I wanted that. I want a reliable 308 that will run through any brass ammo. I need to trust it so all the info I was getting was I did x y and z and my recoil was amazing. Oh and everyone said adjustable gas block. If I have to adjust my gas block that isn’t reliable enough for me. But I couldn’t find anyone who didn’t want to use an adjustable block but then I came here and I don’t remember his name but it’s obvious he knows his ar10 from the 5 or so topics I read. So after reading I’ve decided on what he recommended to another fella armalite ar10 rifle length buffer system and a 15.5” gas tube and a non adjustable block. Ordered that b4 creating this account. So now I’m at bcg purchasing time and before I say anything else I haven’t read up on bcgs on here I just went through the water boarding thread and after gas’and buffer system was bcg. And maybe it wasn’t in here but somewhere I read about bcg mass and some being different from others? Not sure but that’s my next purchase. Charging handle after that and muzzle device. I’m a flash hider bc giving a fireball at sundown isn’t ok. So unless I read other wise I’ll be going that route. And I’m still deciding on a scope but I’ve got to save a bit longer for that anyways so I’ve got time If anyone reads this and has any poop to say negative or positive id like to hear. I need combat reliable not range or competition reliable I’d that makes since.  Also I know my spelling isn’t great. Sometimes I have to use lamer words bc I can’t spell the one I want. And I saw a guy write magpol and someone said something about spelling on this forum so I hope I do ok with that. Bc I would love to pick some brains on here. I hope to be liked here and I hope to hear from y’all.