• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

hey guys

old plumber

I have finally treated myself to an AR-10 in 308 win. I am an avid re loader and love the 308 .

I also have a (real) Marlin 308mx (not REMLIN) I re stocked and bedded myself as well as did a little trigger work , where i can get 1 1/2 moa at 250 yards.

That being said, I own a Palmetto pa-10 second gen 18'' that started out as 1 moa stock. I have sense installed a Geissle nm trigger and have a EC tuner brake coming.

I joined this group in order to glean more knowledge about my platform and get help in turning this rifle into a 600 yd. hog gun.

I  am an accuracy nut and want to try to get these groups a little tighter(1/2 moa @100 yds. at least so any advice or help is greatly appreciated ,and welcome. i.e barrels, loads  etc.

Welcome from San Diego. I’ll be looking forward to see how your PSA tunes up. 1/2 MOA is going to be a challenge to get to, but it’ll be a lot of fun chasing it there. Keep us up to date as you make changes and test them out. Bring a reloader gives you a great leg up on the journey. 

1/2 MOA is possible from a gas gun.  It's not often, though.  Sub-1" is common, despite people saying gas guns can't be relied on to shoot Sub-MOA.  I have many that do, regularly and repeatably.  If I do my part, I can count on the gun to deliver.

Sub-1/2 MOA is a different world for a gas gun.  But it's not a unicorn.  I've done it a few times.  @JBMatt just did it last Sunday with a new load for the 6 ARC.

1451339787_6ARChalfMOA.png.294619173476a9f208050479fb817504.png

Welcome aboard.  :thumbup:  Getting that PSA to do it might require some work - what mods have you already made to the gun?

Edited by 98Z5V