• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Zer NooB and an ambitious first build.

SubGrub

SubGrub, exchanging ideas and information for reliable answers based on experience is not a equal exchange rate... Might need to pay twice or three times for the single answer your looking for... One cannot know exactly the specific reason a return question is asked, humer the experts, in humble fashion... That’s what I try to do...

Ive only heard of a binary trigger once before from a comment locally to where I live, and it sounds cool but dangerous as hell and I personally will just try to become a better marksman and leave cool things for the show offs

I got a poop tossing ape trying to insult me by instigating a meme war. So gay. (Grow up) Dude I got a beautiful family and a life worth living. Go play fag-tag elsewhere. Your clout on this little website does not entitle you to be rancid, anyways this is blog is my little corner of it you could easily ignore my dumbass. 

If Mr Matt Cross wants to mediate (thanks I guess), and postulate my builds’ “special purpose” well Mr Matt Cross I invite you to read. You should be able to figure the what and why of it, if you set aside your prejudice against a trigger and forgive my technical ignorance and then maybe you can translate my meaning into an acceptable knuckle dragging dialect. (For others and their “anti-trolling” ears)

I want my gun to be weigh two pounds, be invisible and shoot purple lasers around corners. 

No Matt, precision shooting is not on my priority list. I did ask previously if the trigger is so terrible it would prevent me from using the rifle for using it as a learning tool for the basics of precision shooting. (As in the basics) That went unanswered. And it’s fairly effing obvious I’m not using binary for being a shooting student.

I already addressed the room clearing/ apocalypse aspect. Sorry if you guys’ little group has idiot wannabes wanting you to help build the bat gun and it ruffles your feathers. Your projected animosity towards me is revealing.

I’ll spell it out again, 

BOLD LETTERS: WHAT DO I WANT THE RIFLE TO DO EFFECTIVELY 

1. TEACH ME ABOUT THE RIFLE, THE PLATFORM AND ITS NUANCES 
  2. HAVE AN INSPIRATIONAL QUALITY, BROADCAST FREEDOM, ENUNCIATE AN AMERICAN MENTALITY 
  3. CAST LEAD DOWN RANGE IN A ACCEPTABLE MANNER AND BE SAFE TO OPERATE, 

As far as this forum goes, I don’t need poop posting emotional western types judging my gun components choices. If you got hate and feel the need, speak your mind and move on. I certainly don’t have to defend my position, least of all places here. What is useful is the how and why some components may/may not help me create this super heavy, ammo wasting, not hyper-accurate rifle. Of course anyone could provide technical info or real and relevant experience with similar installs/builds and it would be happily received. Leave your homo-erotic memes at home bois.

Maybe it’s maddening to *some* that they do not perceive the builds intended practical purposes. Sorry, that’s because they/zim/zer are ether not reading, or not understanding (ether out of pig headedness or idiocy) 

the build is me. The purpose is me. if I don’t like binary I’ll change it, or build another. Because I’ll know how. 
im not doing this because I NEED the gun, if that was the case I’d just buy it (and save money) And spare all this ungodly gibber-gabber.

moving forward I’m interested in TECHNICAL Publications on/about the gas/recoil system specific to 308. BCG weight as effects function, pretty much anything accurate, technical and published specific on the LR308 platform and it’s DI gas system. Point me in that direction and I’ll appreciate it, and will pay it forward.

Anything else anyone thinks might help me get off on a better foot. That information is also welcomed.

Where is the best information on about buffer springs? 
Outside of this forum, where do ya’ll go to do detailed study on the LR308?

Thanks beautiful people, enjoy your day.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:52 AM, SubGrub said:

If Mr Matt Cross wants to mediate (thanks I guess), and postulate my builds’ “special purpose” well Mr Matt Cross I invite you to read. You should be able to figure the what and why of it, if you set aside your prejudice against a trigger and forgive my technical ignorance and then maybe you can translate my meaning into an acceptable knuckle dragging dialect. (For others and their “anti-trolling” ears)

There's no prejudice here, only experience. I can appreciate your desire to have what you want and your ability to defend that desire much as a 3 year old might when they spot something that they can't leave the supermarket without. However, I will be the grownup and opt to shut you up instead. Your posting privileges will be revoked, but you can otherwise benefit from what information the forum can still give you. You're welcome.

no Matt, precision shooting is not on my priority list. I did ask previously if the trigger is so terrible it would prevent me from using the rifle for using it as a learning tool for the basics of precision shooting. (As in the basics) That went unanswered.

You mentioned it in your original post, I made a poorly informed assumption that the information you gave was consistent with your intent. My bad. The answer to your question of if the trigger is bad enough to prevent you from learning the basics is as follows: No, the trigger is not what's going to hold you back. What's going to hold you back is your inability to listen to people who are in a position to help you learn anything. Consider your question answered.

I already addressed the room clearing/ apocalypse aspect. Sorry if you guys’ little group has idiot wannabes wanting you to help build the bat gun and it ruffles your feathers. Your projected animosity towards me is revealing.

You strike me as extremely enlightened, maybe one of these days somebody will do us the favor of reversing the decision to mute you, and then we can all be enlightened.

As far as this forum goes, I don’t need poop posting emotional western types judging my gun components choices.

What passes for logic in your mind is downright comedic. You asked for feedback, you got it, then you cried about it. What you need is a lobotomy to replace whatever is in your brain space with a rock, that'd be a favor for you, as a rock possesses more natural and inherent intelligence than you do.

Of course anyone could provide technical info or real and relevant experience with similar installs/builds and it would be happily received.

That's what's quite interesting about your build, it's the first of it's kind. You're literally the first person who ever showed up to forum wanting to build a gun that served no meaningful purpose. Even the most extraordinarily foolish kind of build that was ever proposed on this forum up until the point you arrived, still made more sense and had a clearly defined set of attributes and intended purpose, and that's saying a lot. Congratulations, you're the first person to ever make me miss that guy.

Leave your homo-erotic memes at home bois.

I'll take it under advisement and ignore it as such. Thanks.

Maybe it’s maddening to *some* that they do not perceive the builds intended practical purposes. Sorry, that’s because they/zim/zer are ether not reading, or not understanding (ether out of pig headedness or idiocy) 

the build is me. The purpose is me. if I don’t like binary I’ll change it, or build another. Because I’ll know how. 
im not doing this because I NEED the gun, if that was the case I’d just buy it (and save money) And spare all this ungodly gibber-gabber.

moving forward I’m interested in TECHNICAL Publications on/about the gas/recoil system specific to 308. BCG weight as effects function, pretty much anything accurate, technical and published specific on the LR308 platform and it’s DI gas system. Point me in that direction and I’ll appreciate it, and will pay it forward.

Anything else anyone thinks might help me get off on a better foot. That information is also welcomed.

Where is the best information on about buffer springs? 
Outside of this forum, where do ya’ll go to do detailed study on the LR308?

Thanks beautiful people, enjoy your day.

Good luck with that!

34 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

What's that brother

1. Carfentanil, a synthetic opioid, is a white powdery substance that looks like it could be cocaine or heroin. Drug dealers mix it with heroin to presumably make the heroin stronger.
  2. It is 10,000 times more potent than morphine and 100 times more potent than fentanyl.
  3. The drug is also used to tranquilize elephants and other large mammals.
  4. This drug is so powerful it poses a significant threat to first responders and law enforcement personnel who touch it by accident. In addition, people can overdose on carfentanil quickly. Multiple doses of the anti-overdose drug Narcan may not be effective.
  5. Users exposed to carfentanil can experience dizziness, clammy skin, shallow breathing, heart failure and more.

16 hours ago, SubGrub said:

wHY do you wANt sUCh a dumb wEApOn??. Derrrr. (Because all my other weapons are smart and I’m pro-diversity)

Lol. I enjoyed this.

Did some work on my 308 and I plan to test run in the morning. If all goes well, I might throw my BFSIII in there and see how it runs. I'll let you know! Who wouldn't want a 168gr bullet hose?  When your front door ring camera catches them alphabet bois stacked and ready to breach on that that no-knock, you need that extra projectile weight to punch through the wall reliably. 

Edited by blue109

4 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

opiod-comparison-1024x768.jpg

Carfentanil is originally an elephant sedative. The above picture shows  how heroin or fentanyl it takes to equal a grain of carfentanil.

BC is averaging 170 deaths/month but some how guns are a problem 

That's unreal, would'nt be hard to od on that stuff.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:33 AM, Matt.Cross said:

moving forward I’m interested in TECHNICAL Publications on/about the gas/recoil system specific to 308. BCG weight as effects function, pretty much anything accurate, technical and published specific on the LR308 platform and it’s DI gas system.

I'm just quoting you, Matt, quoting him  - so this isn't something you said, but him.

Pretty fucking ironic that the information he's looking for has already been published. 

4 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Gotta call Damien now and make amends....

Looking forward to it  - after this, I actually miss him...  His design never gained traction - but it least it had a goal, a purpose,  and a direction. 

Purpose, Motivation, and Direction.  The 3 things you need to provide as a Leader, to your subordinates.  Always.

This clown couldn't explain his way out of a piss-soaked paper bag, for what his intention was for his own damn gun.  What a joke.

Edited by 98Z5V