• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

1 hour ago, GStephen said:

The 2010 is the last year of the 4.6 engine.  First year of 10-14 body style. It doesn’t sound like you would be into drag racing it, so the lower hp of the 4.6 should not be an issue.  In 2011 the coyote 5.0 engine came out with a big hp advantage over the 4.6.  And 2011 has the 6speed automatic. That doesn’t mean the 4.6 is a dog in any way.  With the low miles and if it had proper maintenance that sounds like it would be a good car. 

My son was pushing for the 5.0, but this will be a car we use for 3-4 months, then it will be undercover in a friend’s barn the rest of the year. Plus it’s red and I am a sucker for red and yellow cars!

35FBDFFD-4F67-4652-A45E-E905361BC6DB.jpeg

E6E45B54-8776-48BB-8BD7-3368388C0609.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I needed something to occupy my mind the last few weeks that wouldn't cost money, I've had a small sheet of roofing copper kicking around since the early 90's. When I laid it out for a couple bird house roofs I was left with some chunks that for some reason looked like they could be cuffs or bracelets, I dug out the sheet metal tools and ended up with this pile, family has appropriated about a half dozen before I got a picture, their enthusiasm could be the reason for the pile as I would hate for someone not to get one if they want one. I haven't really made anything for a good while, assembled and embellished but not made, felt good beating something out even if it ain't a bridge....... I don't think the cat or the wife enjoy the beating part:laffs:

IMG_4702.thumb.jpg.92e1fe7d71649a5aeb0bf40b3a118404.jpgIMG_4698.thumb.jpg.e1d4b402369d86537a70f54aebc641f7.jpgIMG_4701.thumb.jpg.4a1cdb6ac987949e71361f7ee1d1a432.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

This has my interest - please post more.   :thumbup:

My buddy and I both bought YJ Wranglers around the time I got off active duty in 06. Ironically they were both 4 banger manuals. Around 2011 I finished my auto tech school under Toyota and I started pulling it apart and built a 92 Dodge 5.2 EFI engine. I was able to mate the Magnum to a factory Wrangler AX15 with a Dakota bellhousing. Weird, but it was great because I only needed engine mounts welded in and everything else bolted on. I spliced the looms.....I'm getting way to technical for most. Narrowed HP D44 front, 8.8 rear. Air lockers all around. Terra 2 low in the TC. And A/C.

Anyway, my buddy got jealous :laffs:and did the same. It was pretty fun. We hauled them from the PNW to the Rubicon and had a great time. I moved to a free state (WY) and met him and a few other buddies in Moab last summer. I've sold my YJ and goofed around with an XJ (Cherokee) for a while, but I'm just so busy with school (again) that I'm just down to a 16 4Runner bone stock daily. My back is so jacked from the Army, I don't think I'll do much wheeling again, but it was fun.

Here are a few pics of the monstrosities. They weren't nice to look at, but were 100% reliable and could do any reasonable trail with ease. The red one is mine. My buddy still has his.

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3498.JPG

Edited by Czgunner

2 minutes ago, Czgunner said:

4 banger manuals. Around 2011 I finished my auto tech school under Toyota and I started pulling it apart and built a 92 Dodge 5.2 EFI engine. I was able to mate the Magnum to a factory Wrangler AX15

Weird - I thought the 4s only came with the AX5 trans, the only the 4.0Ls had the AX15.  At any rate, very cool!

14 minutes ago, Czgunner said:

We hauled them from the PNW

Up in the PNW did you guys run the Evans Creek ORV Area and the Elbe Hills ORV Area?  Those are my old stomping grounds, in my '93 YJ. Evans Creek, the 311A trail - that was a motherfucker.   :laffs:

https://www.pnw4wda.org/trails/washington/evansmap2.jpg

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Up in the PNW did you guys run the Evans Creek ORV Area and the Elbe Hills ORV Area?  Those are my old stomping grounds, in my '93 YJ. Evans Creek, the 311A trail - that was a motherfucker.   :laffs:

https://www.pnw4wda.org/trails/washington/evansmap2.jpg

Never cruised up there. We used to spend a lot of time at Brown's camp in Oregon, though.

Some more recent shots I’ve gotten from my dad. Latest was video of it moving under its own power again. Think we’re getting it back soon. Been up at that shop in Big Bear for a little over a year now. Can’t wait to get it back and go play a little. 

AFBCB71A-0266-4834-9E6E-294C6B9D4C1C.jpeg

0DF68842-145B-4765-B965-3ED95E912B90.jpeg

I still want to find a pristine MJ, and build the shiit out of it.  35s.  That's my MJ goal. 

FUK!  Hard to find a mint one, that doesn't cost a fortune....  Should have bought one 2 decades ago, and just stored that biotch....  :bitchslap:

SMART!   That's nice work.  :hail:

When I went to 6" coils on the YJ, I went with the Pro Comp conversion - because of my exhaust.  It's the Pace Setter full header, cat back from them, and the Random Technologies high flow cat.  All Jet-Hotted, back in the day.   

Then, I needed suspension - more suspension.  Pro Comp didn't fuk with my exhaust that I had $$$ into.  The Warn Coil Conversion is what I really, really wanted - but I had to cut up that exhaust and re-route it to make the Warn kit work. 

Went Pro Comp.  Never looked back.  It's a 5-link system, not a true 4-link, but it works great, so I have no regrets. 

His LJ is one badass rig.  I have Wrangler-Envy...  :lmao: