• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

9 hours ago, shepp said:

How bout duck? The TL's nickname on the track was "the one liter duc eater". They were susuki's combats to the 916 or the 996, I forget which. Oh and if I remember correctly all the HD's were in back or broke down till they're program of racing farm machinery went belly up.

:hornet:

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, shepp said:

How bout duck? The TL's nickname on the track was "the one liter duc eater". They were susuki's combats to the 916 or the 996, I forget which. Oh and if I remember correctly all the HD's were in back or broke down till they're program of racing farm machinery went belly up.

When I was younger , my brother used to call me Duckass , because of the back of my hair he said looked like a Ducks A$$ , so Duck would work . :laffs:  Ya them farm tractor motor's just are not speed demons , but since I have a 51 year old one & just sold one that was over 60 & still on the road , match that with any of those Duc eater's & that would impress me . :hornet:

Some old same old with you young'en's speed, speed ,speed , until it bits you on the A$$ .:bitchslap: :laffs:

18 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Nice Trans Am!

18 hours ago, blue109 said:

Good Lord that trans am is rad....

15 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

I had a room mate with a 1981 turbo T/A. I loved the sound of that exhaust !

Thanks, fellas. I'm running straight pipe on this car, and it sounds great. The turbo really muffles the sound all by itself and gives it a deep tone -- not to mention you can hear the turbo spool up and wind down.

It's been an ongoing project since I bought it in '07. Had a bad motor, replaced it with a known good one. Interior was FUBAR, been slowly replacing and repairing. Next up is a 200-4R swap (this car wants overdrive and 3.73 gears, instead of the TH350C and 3.08s).

EDIT: Did I mention that's the original paint color? It's been repainted, but the car left the factory wearing Navajo Orange Metallic.

Edited by COBrien

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

When I was younger , my brother used to call me Duckass , because of the back of my hair he said looked like a Ducks A$$ , so Duck would work . :laffs:  Ya them farm tractor motor's just are not speed demons , but since I have a 51 year old one & just sold one that was over 60 & still on the road , match that with any of those Duc eater's & that would impress me . :hornet:

Some old same old with you young'en's speed, speed ,speed , until it bits you on the A$$ .:bitchslap: :laffs:

With speed comes great responsibility and respect. I've always has respect for that bike because about the time you slip up she reminds you. By today's standard she's slower than a 600 but that's not why I bought it.

ps I'm a motorcycle lover, I respect all bikes. I started on the back of my dads Harley when I was about 4, riding with big bearded tattood scary guys. I was pretty narrow minded on bikes until my 20's. 

Edited by shepp

1 hour ago, COBrien said:

Thanks, fellas. I'm running straight pipe on this car, and it sounds great. The turbo really muffles the sound all by itself and gives it a deep tone -- not to mention you can hear the turbo spool up and wind down.

It's been an ongoing project since I bought it in '07. Had a bad motor, replaced it with a known good one. Interior was FUBAR, been slowly replacing and repairing. Next up is a 200-4R swap (this car wants overdrive and 3.73 gears, instead of the TH350C and 3.08s).

EDIT: Did I mention that's the original paint color? It's been repainted, but the car left the factory wearing Navajo Orange Metallic.

Love turbo sound. before built desiels were like belly buttons,  my buddy had a f-350 the turbo in that thing sounded awesome. When he was behind you it sounded like you were being followed by a fighter jet

3 hours ago, shepp said:

With speed comes great responsibility and respect. I've always has respect for that bike because about the time you slip up she reminds you. By today's standard she's slower than a 600 but that's not why I bought it.

ps I'm a motorcycle lover, I respect all bikes. I started on the back of my dads Harley when I was about 4, riding with big bearded tattood scary guys. I was pretty narrow minded on bikes until my 20's. 

I have no problem with what you ride , really never had , just messing with ya, its a Harley thing :evil:

The thing is most kids buy those type bikes to show how fast they can be or making donuts , had too many I know picked off the road or out of a Cages grille & some were on HD's , but every day you can read about someone locally that lost it on on of those 200 MPH machines & all were young .

Hd's, at least street HD's , were never meant to be fast & yes some are not reliable ,but that would be the twenty year +old ones ,that are needing a complete rebuild , not so with the new ones , I have 72K on my Ultra & had the Stator go bad , but made it home , that's it . Every component has a service life . Many Ultra's out there with over 100K on them .

I had a F350 Dually,Crew Cab , Turbo Charged 7.3 liter Diesel  with a five speed manual & it was a beast , it would pull boats out in first gear @ idle .

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2016 at 5:01 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

It is effect. 

Affect is usually a verb, and effect is usually a noun. To affect something is to change or influence it, and an effect is something that happens due to a cause. When you affect something, it produces an effect.

I guess one of my hobbies is closet grammar nazi.  I hope typing nazi doesn't get me on a list. :)

This one is for you one armed eye doc:

13133170_982025951846974_759305587747666

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

How do you know if your nuts , if you're nuts ???

Good question.  There's mentally ill and then there's cuckoo friggen crazy.

Working in a group home of Severely Mentally Ill people, it was quite refreshing to hear them almost in unison say about the house manager "That bitch is phuckin' crazy!"

• 4 months later...

My other hobby is cars. Mopars basically. When I was young my dad told me "if I ever came home with a chebby, he'd disown me."  lol  Have a restoration shop and work on a lot of cars.  That is my wife and my job. But, I also build for myself.  The latest is a 67 Barracuda FB with a late model hemi and a Viper 6 speed. Built my own suspension components and the car has a lot of modifications. Pro touring type.  Still have a couple years of building to go before I can drive it! Here's a couple of pics of the latest toy and the "old" one.    Bad ass automobiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The green one is a 94 roadster I converted to a coupe. Had that car 13 yrs. The black one is an 08 ACR. Had to upgrade. :)  It is the "Evil Twin"  

20160909_200410.jpg

20160909_200242.jpg

On 12/6/2016 at 7:41 PM, SNKEBIT said:

My other hobby is cars. Mopars basically. When I was young my dad told me "if I ever came home with a chebby, he'd disown me."  lol  Have a restoration shop and work on a lot of cars.  That is my wife and my job. But, I also build for myself.  The latest is a 67 Barracuda FB with a late model hemi and a Viper 6 speed. Built my own suspension components and the car has a lot of modifications. Pro touring type.  Still have a couple years of building to go before I can drive it! Here's a couple of pics of the latest toy and the "old" one.    Bad ass automobiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The green one is a 94 roadster I converted to a coupe. Had that car 13 yrs. The black one is an 08 ACR. Had to upgrade. :)  It is the "Evil Twin"  

20160909_200410.jpg

20160909_200242.jpg

Beautiful! Now that Dodge is quitting making them, they will start to climb in value. More than twice the horsepower of my stock Chebby Corvette C5. But I do drive a Ram Laramie which I love.

5 hours ago, shepp said:

Where do you go brainard? 

Let's see, been on Texas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Miller Motorsports Park (Utah), Putnam Park (Indiana), MAM (council bluffs, Iowa), Motorsport Park Hastings (Nebraska), haven't been to Brainerd yet, just hasn't worked out that way. And that's in my back yard!!!

33 minutes ago, SNKEBIT said:

Let's see, been on Texas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Miller Motorsports Park (Utah), Putnam Park (Indiana), MAM (council bluffs, Iowa), Motorsport Park Hastings (Nebraska), haven't been to Brainerd yet, just hasn't worked out that way. And that's in my back yard!!!

That's why assumed brainard lol, road America is also nice. It's been a few years but I used to go up there for the AMA superbike races

• 2 weeks later...