• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

I’m gonna do it…the nomenclature speech just like AR10. You have a good description of what makes a bull a steer, but the other calf was a heifer.  She’ll be a cow once she’s had a calf herself. Until then, she would appreciate it if you used her proper pronouns. :laffs:

All said in fun, I swear.  And as an educational piece for the non-cattle crowd. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/21/2022 at 9:24 AM, jeffery said:

that does happen and it happens to everyone on every skill level. Ive seen guys with years of experience crash planes that cost thousands because of human error. I haven't crashed yet. some hard landings still and last year I lost my first plane in the woods because of a loss of orientation and depth perception . damn trees were a lot closer to the plane than i thought.lol didn't find it for a year until another member found it while looking for his plane.lol. It was in pretty good shape actually. still fun though. but i am still a rookie at it. this is the one I lost. I bought a bigger one after I lost this one.

I guess my other hobby is riding motorcycles. below is a pic of the bike. the green plane is the one I bought after loosing the first one. The pics on the bike are from an area in Tennessee called the Dragons Tale. If anyone might have heard of it. The pic of the bike at distance is on a roadway called the cherohala skyway. the other is on the Dragon. 318 turns in 11 miles. Pure adrenaline rush. Fun as hell.

IMG_3223.JPG

Took it eight years ago in my C5 Corvette. Loved it!

9 hours ago, DNP said:

but the other calf was a heifer. 

And as an educational piece for the non-cattle crowd. 

Oh, you're talking about cattle. When you said heifer, I thought you were talking about women in spandex seen at walma...............................uhhhhhhhhh....................nevermind. I got off track. Some times these fingers just type whatever my brain is thinking of at the moment.

Bad fingers, bad fingers. (not the band)

• 1 month later...

My wife and I glamp. 36ft 5er usually on a lakeside for no less than two weeks at a time. We don't go far, we just get away. My idea of big fun is a well appointed and insulated 27 - 30ft bumper pull behind a 2500 or 3500 Duramax, visiting the "flyover" states that I have not yet seen.

I enjoy sitting on my back deck and watching the critters come in to eat and drink.

I am an amateur radio operator and enjoy talking and listening around the world, mostly listening.

But most of all I love to shoot. 22LR and 357\38spl are just too fun!

When there is scalding hot water on tap, a roomy shower and streaming tv services - all the comforts of home - I'll never say it's anything other than glamping. I won't say I don't care for it, I did enough real camping growing up, and then again while in the Corps. Still, if there were no TV, and if coffee were made in a percolator on a Colman stove, I'd be happy!

• 2 weeks later...

I like to play with old cars. Lately I've been real busy working on my Plymouth. In late summer I pulled out the interior so I could weld subframe connectors to the floor pan. Then I covered the floor pan with FatMat and installed new carpet and sill plates. 

After the first snowfall I began the engine compartment and front suspension refurb that I've been meaning to get around to for a few years. I've been rebuilding and refinishing parts as I take them off the car so everything will be ready for reassembly. The goal is to have it done before May so I have my work cut out for me...

Happy New Year everybody!

IMG_7972.JPG

IMG_7979.JPG

5EA211BB-00E0-45D2-9FD8-D851715F07CC.jpeg

Edited by Black_Sheep
removed some pictures

11 hours ago, Sisco said:

Nice! Which engine is that?

440 Super Commando in Mopar lingo...

440 4 barrel rated at 375 horsepower in stock form, this one has been warmed over and dynoed 523 horsepower at the crank. All I'm going to do is re-gasket it and squirt it with some Street Hemi orange. 

Since it's all torn apart, I'm upgrading the front suspension as well. 

IMG_3679.JPG

Edited by Black_Sheep

15 hours ago, Black_Sheep said:

440 Super Commando in Mopar lingo...

440 4 barrel rated at 375 horsepower in stock form, this one has been warmed over and dynoed 523 horsepower at the crank. All I'm going to do is re-gasket it and squirt it with some Street Hemi orange. 

Since it's all torn apart, I'm upgrading the front suspension as well. 

IMG_3679.JPG

Nice! Dreamed as a kid of owning a Six Pack or a twin four barrel hemi.

21 minutes ago, Black_Sheep said:

It's never too late...

Went the boat route instead. Getting to the point it is hard to get back up off a crawler. But I really admire fine looking machines like that. Not to mention GStephen’s Mustangs.

Edited by Sisco

On 1/2/2023 at 9:41 PM, GStephen said:

I like to work on my mustangs and do a little drag racing. EA22139D-F06A-411B-A259-E58543E07B2D.thumb.jpeg.dd25144c8d552556ace5d7686e3c30f6.jpeg0C3D7AC5-81ED-4697-84E5-54C5C68E8FA6.thumb.jpeg.d473cdd3edd02ea36bf729b5e4a4c40f.jpeg754DA52D-0011-427A-B4F4-BF2724D982F6.thumb.jpeg.74dd7160245188556ea8b4e83f2f8c5e.jpeg

Speaking of pony cars, the wife and I are looking at a 2010 Mustang Premium GT convertible to keep down here in Florida. Mileage is 76,000, new tires and no leaks I can find and good Car Fax. Anything about that year class I should be concerned about? Has the 289ci (4.6L?) V8. Auto tranny, wife nixed a 5 speed manual for sale.

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Speaking of pony cars, the wife and I are looking at a 2010 Mustang Premium GT convertible to keep down here in Florida. Mileage is 76,000, new tires and no leaks I can find and good Car Fax. Anything about that year class I should be concerned about? Has the 289ci (4.6L?) V8. Auto tranny, wife nixed a 5 speed manual for sale.

The 2010 is the last year of the 4.6 engine.  First year of 10-14 body style. It doesn’t sound like you would be into drag racing it, so the lower hp of the 4.6 should not be an issue.  In 2011 the coyote 5.0 engine came out with a big hp advantage over the 4.6.  And 2011 has the 6speed automatic. That doesn’t mean the 4.6 is a dog in any way.  With the low miles and if it had proper maintenance that sounds like it would be a good car.