• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I’m in the club

After about 21/2 years I’m finally in the AR308 club. 
this build took so long because parts were hard to find during Covid for me and I kept changing my mind on its furniture, but tonight I completed it. 
still might have some tweaking here and there and change a couple things along with a scope but nice to see this one completed.  Thanks to all for input when I needed it

0DCDFA42-75C0-4E14-B4C5-64118F71FA91.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Magwa said:

sweet build, looks totally functional for whatever job you have in mind for it....

Thanks, it’s an all around rifle SD, hunting, an plinking. 
My main goal was a rifle with enough whallup to put anything down in Arizona and I can pack in on a horse, without it being my very nice 32+ yr old 7mm mag. 

I always f lt under gunner when in the military with the 556 and with this one I think that’s been corrected. 

Nice looking build!

I'm still not in the family, not really. I have no idea what I'd use an AR10 for, but I lusted after one decades ago. I have one remaining .308 Win bolt gun left in the safe (I'm on a firearm reduction diet), but built a 300BLK AR that I figure will do everything that I need a .30 to do. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:39 AM, BrianK said:

Nice looking build!

I'm still not in the family, not really. I have no idea what I'd use an AR10 for, but I lusted after one decades ago. I have one remaining .308 Win bolt gun left in the safe (I'm on a firearm reduction diet), but built a 300BLK AR that I figure will do everything that I need a .30 to do. 

Thanks, I was looking for a hard hitting round, that is prevalent, that would take elk if I want in a AR platform. 
I’m definitely a gas gun guy and needed a rifle like I mentioned above that can be packed in. 

Nice, difficult to get them much lighter as an Elk/big game rifle with optics.  I managed to get mine to 10 pounds without the loaded mag.  Mine is dedicated for Elk hunting out West, where every ounce is like a pound when you are climbing around at 12,000'!......