Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit AR15 Builder
  • Visit
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
imschur

Grilling

Recommended Posts

wow, that does look pretty good, and looks like a lot of food. maybe if I get down near east troy sometime. I really like the bp smoke house in tomah. and it is owned by a retired state patrol major. not much seating in the place, but food is amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

wow, that does look pretty good, and looks like a lot of food. maybe if I get down near east troy sometime. I really like the bp smoke house in tomah. and it is owned by a retired state patrol major. not much seating in the place, but food is amazing

This place started in a gas station right off 43 but moved this fall when they tore it down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RobPLSCA said:

Just stopped by my brother's house. He was making french ed rack of lamb on the grill. 

One of my favorites.:drool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 6:51 PM, RobPLSCA said:

french ed

That is "Frenched" not french ed. The bones are wrapped in foil so they don't burn. He put olive oil, fresh, finely chopped rosemary, special seasoning mix, and some other fresh herb on them. And a load of minced garlic! 

20190127_181657(0)_1548648468085.jpg

20190127_193243_1548646426871_001_1548646524986.jpg

Edited by RobPLSCA
Add photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RobPLSCA said:

That is "Frenched" not french ed. The bones are wrapped in foil so they don't burn. He put olive oil, fresh, finely chopped rosemary, special seasoning mix, and some other fresh herb on them. And a load of minced garlic! 

 

20190127_193243_1548646426871_001_1548646524986.jpg

Fuk Yeah! :drool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoying this riverside rental I'm in, set up to be a high end vacation home and all new since a 2017 flood. Rarely have a place to grill when I'm on the road so I have been taking advantage of it regularly, Iowa chops and zucchini today.

IMG_1173.thumb.jpg.b617c5fea969a4ad7ff7eb7a8db475a6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Really enjoying this riverside rental I'm in, set up to be a high end vacation home and all new since a 2017 flood. Rarely have a place to grill when I'm on the road so I have been taking advantage of it regularly, Iowa chops and zucchini today.

IMG_1173.thumb.jpg.b617c5fea969a4ad7ff7eb7a8db475a6.jpg

Again they look great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did some wings, learning still. Can’t do dry rub and wet merinade,burnt the sugars in the wet. Still good, blue cheese or go fuck ya motha 

4265AA0A-AC4B-4E56-A041-42B8E11AE1CE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

walked into the local grocer planing on getting a flank streak to cook in the broiler. To my surprise I found tri tip and immediately reached out to @DNP for directions 

started at 150 on the green mountain after 1hr 45 min I bumped it up to 175° after Over 2 hours I bumped it up to 200°, got the internal around 120°, pulled and reverse seared in the broiler about 2:30 min each side at 500°. It turned out fucking awesome brother, thank you!! 

 

 

2631049A-E5E6-4A12-B2D0-EEA0B2E1598C.png

D66F8FFD-EC3D-4AE7-9B9C-C4DC7220606D.jpeg

FB922B95-D197-471A-9B1D-A1A84A68D34E.jpeg

AAEB8EEA-0843-4082-9FDC-7C00B414C7A2.jpeg

Edited by shepp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DNP said:

That looks damn tasty. Nicely done. 

It was really good! Super juicy! Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way I can find Tri Tips in Wisconsin is ordering them from my butcher.A great cut of meat the Midwest really hasn’t discovered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sisco said:

The only way I can find Tri Tips in Wisconsin is ordering them from my butcher.A great cut of meat the Midwest really hasn’t discovered.

This was at festival foods, they’re based outta the fox valley but been spreading out like crazy the past 4-5 years. They been carrying some different cuts of meat they also get these colossal t bones and giant tomahawk streaks too and that’s were I found the picanha 

Edited by shepp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah they are the best place to get a variety of meats, even have a lot that are already seasoned if feeling lazy or just want to try their flavors. can be pricey, but often times you can find some great deals. of coarse the best place to go is always the local butcher, festival often times carries stuff a local butcher probably doesn't have.

two other nice things about festival foods, is they buy a lot of local stuff. we have a lot of local farmers that sell fruits and vegetables to festival. supporting local farms is always a plus. 2nd, many have little daycares where they will watch your kids for free for 2 hours! wife and I have considered dropping our kids off and just going out to dinner. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

yeah they are the best place to get a variety of meats, even have a lot that are already seasoned if feeling lazy or just want to try their flavors. can be pricey, but often times you can find some great deals. of coarse the best place to go is always the local butcher, festival often times carries stuff a local butcher probably doesn't have.

two other nice things about festival foods, is they buy a lot of local stuff. we have a lot of local farmers that sell fruits and vegetables to festival. supporting local farms is always a plus. 2nd, many have little daycares where they will watch your kids for free for 2 hours! wife and I have considered dropping our kids off and just going out to dinner. haha

They also put food on my table in more than one way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 8:42 AM, Sisco said:

Gotta grill one of these sometime. This is just now 50 feet away from me.

49B8D769-0056-4CB2-8BB8-B5ED65F1B45A.jpeg

I think I'm having an anyerisum I thought you were upper great lakes and I see Gators. Had it in Louisiana, didn't care for it, was to chewy/ tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only gator bites I have ever had, I would compare to a mix between chicken and fish in texture. I really liked it, kinda a lot like frog legs too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×