Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Attempting to redeem myself right now on the stuffed chicken breasts, with provolone and asparagus.  Did NOT forget the bacon this time - but I spiced that bacon up.  I added a swath of Sriracha to the side of the bacon that was going against the chicken breast. 

P1080120.thumb.JPG.cb9c26e8ebf1a62cb896bd9df87f80d5.JPG

Follow the exact same procedure as before on the chicken breast, though...

P1080121.thumb.JPG.070d5f6740bbfe08a20475a8e8a5f4b0.JPG

Ready to hit the fire:

P1080122.thumb.JPG.fb5e29dc1ce4b5f50ea01a8789242018.JPG

7 minutes per side wasn't getting it for the bacon this time.  Flipped it the first time already at 7 mins - not done.  I'll firm it up and figure it out - my temp dropped below 400 when I went out there to flip them, I noticed that. 

Bumped it up to 500 and went about the second side, then had to re-flip back to the first side...  I hate doing that.  That bacon increased the temp, but maybe not the time, it I would have started out on 500.  I'll play with this and get it right.  Here's what came off the grill - I'm eating the little one first... 

P1080123.thumb.JPG.d03051e16ee01078aa129852e53b7c61.JPG

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Bumped it up to 500 and went about the second side, then had to re-flip back to the first side...  I hate doing that.  That bacon increased the temp, but maybe not the time, it I would have started out on 500.  I'll play with this and get it right.  Here's what came off the grill - I'm eating the little one first... 

P1080123.thumb.JPG.d03051e16ee01078aa129852e53b7c61.JPG

Agree shoulda gone alil higher or longer but I got home late and was starving 

C9E939C4-8F05-41A2-8B97-4F43173410A2.jpeg

63B5A3F2-8654-47E5-93E0-5F26B954E041.jpeg

E24F2B42-1416-4E45-BF2E-B769B05A835B.jpeg

A8F114A2-EFD9-4FC6-9940-4E35D31A54F9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Looks good.:drool:. What seasonings are on it?

Was in a hurry, so I made a quick slather of olive oil, Worchesteshire sauce, Montreal Steak Seasoning, and Weber Classic BBQ rub, along with fresh minced garlic.

1 hour ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Man, that look delicious. Never thought of smoking a roast. That is my favorite cut for a rice and gravy. How was it? 

it was good, not great, guessing Shepps was better. Did three racks of ribs for the 4 th. Had company, got busy, and forgot pictures, but they were really good. Doing a brisket next week for a friends retirement party. I did try something yesterday for a really good barbeque sauce if you don’t have time to make it from scratch. Mix equal parts Sweet Baby Rays and Stubbs Orginal Barbeque Sauce together. Is far superior to either one alone.

Edited by Sisco

35 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Mix equal parts Sweet Baby Rays and Stubbs Orginal Barbeque Sauce together. Is far superior to either one alone.

I love that combo, brother - it's indeed very, very good.  :thumbup:

35 minutes ago, Sisco said:

it was good, not great, guessing Shepps was better. Did three racks of ribs for the 4 th. Had company, got busy, and forgot pictures, but they were really good. Doing a brisket next week for a friends retirement party. I did try something yesterday for a really good barbeque sauce if you don’t have time to make it from scratch. Mix equal parts Sweet Baby Rays and Stubbs Orginal Barbeque Sauce together. Is far superior to either one alone.

Yea idk bout smoking and slicing it like brisket, feel it would be tough, this was the first time I marinaded one and it was a game changer

sauce sounds good, I don’t like how thick sweet baby rays is, so I bet that tinned it out Nicely