• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

45 minutes ago, sketch said:

lunch at a new bbq restaurant. 👍🤪 pretty amazing "choped meat " sandwich. This place is the kind that you shuck your peanut shells on the floor. The 1" cubed meat had the softest bights and crispy edges, I ate that thing without putting it down! Mistakes were made as it's pretty warm here and I had to go back to work to move 2000#'s of concrete and fence posts.... ughh i was sluggish after that! Best damn bbq I've had.. 

20190730_181717.jpg

Dam! That looks good!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

DAMN!!!   

We quit doing the standard dogs and burgers for our daughters bday 4 years ago. Cooked enough for 60 folks, 60+ showed, and we had enough left over for probably 20. So we said screw it, we won't do burgers, but we'll boil peanuts instead. Went over big-time. It's a official tradition now lol.

12 hours ago, Peachey said:

So the grill isn't coming out till tomorrow, but we're doing a total of 50lbs of boiled peanuts in the meantime! 

IMG_20190802_201241523.jpg

Going to have to add this to the list of things to try. Never heard of this but definitely intrigued as all my exposure to uniquely American cuisine been better then positive. 

An unexpected visit to Athens Ga. during homecoming weekend was my first exposure to an American tailgate party :drool: . The other memorable "so this is how angels eat in heaven"  was deep fried turkey at an American Thanksgiving.

@Cunuckgaucho Oh man, if your ever in GA again, let us know! We can show you all the best southern dishes. And boiled peanuts are super easy, it's just really salty water and peanuts. They take some time to cook (4-12hrs depending on how fresh they are) so have a good supply of beer to go along with them. Other flavors can be added in as well. We like Old Bay crab seasoning and red pepper flakes.

On 7/22/2019 at 7:47 PM, sketch said:

dude at work hooked up with some hood canal oysters.. fo fwee! I grabed what I could carry in a small busket and ice. Repurposed the wood fire pit because im the only one using the fing thing? Grabed some expanded metal from the garage and lit a fire. Ill let the picks do the magic they do..

20190722_193647.jpg

20190722_193709.jpg

20190722_193839.jpg

20190722_193938.jpg

Damn Sketch you are kinda over achieving there man that looks good fresh oysters, but I have to say when you built the fire I thought you would let it go to coals and put them on the coals till they popped open then dip in butter... either way MMMMMMMM good

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Okay brothers which brand?    :thumbup:  Wash

"Crock-Pot" brand.  Just this little cheap guy right here, to get you started.  You don't need anything fancy, and you don't even need that little "dip warmer" that this one comes with.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/8qt-slow-cooker-with-little-dipper/prod20202004?pid=ps_2030345492&wl0=b&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=355134916051&wl4=dsa-36007448126&wl5=9030019&wl6=&wl7=&wl15=70737718966&wl16=&wl17=1t3&veh=sem&kclid=b089b3c3-6676-43b6-b06c-d6e367e51df9&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi-nW6vDp4wIVCv5kCh2GAglnEAAYAyAAEgIhSfD_BwE

On 8/3/2019 at 6:17 AM, Peachey said:

@Cunuckgaucho Oh man, if your ever in GA again, let us know! We can show you all the best southern dishes. And boiled peanuts are super easy, it's just really salty water and peanuts. They take some time to cook (4-12hrs depending on how fresh they are) so have a good supply of beer to go along with them. Other flavors can be added in as well. We like Old Bay crab seasoning and red pepper flakes.

If I ever get sent back east I'll take you up on that. Googled how to make my own here and will update with results.

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Okay brothers which brand?    :thumbup:  Wash

12 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

A bit more money but also more versatile is the Instant Pot https://instantpot.com/  they go on sale pretty regularly here so guessing the same down your way.