• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, washguy said:

GEEEEEZ !:liar: Wash

Here is the one you want bro. since it is too hot to cook ribs and brisket on the GMG.

The one size that fits and cooks all!

AMAZON

image.thumb.png.ca5d6f6a4743b002eef247f581434709.png

Crock-Pot 8-Quart Multi-Use XL Express Crock Programmable Slow Cooker and Pressure Cooker with Manual Pressure, Boil & Simmer,

I' m saving up my chips to buy one for My wife on the 55th Anniversary  as soon as I pay off my  ammo bill for the 2K rounds of Remington Thunderbolt , my early 54 th anniversary gift. Tomorrow is that starting date for 55 years, BTW I was told that my  last years gift of a Tractor Supply wheelbarrow will be the death of me, if I do sumthin like that again, therefore I think the  2K of .22 LR ammo should be well accepted.  Hell she hardly ever wears all the jewelery I bought her years ago. all of you probably will agree?

Edited by mrmackc

CONGRATS MRmac !  My runs are never more than 9 years....at 10 yrs ya gotta pay alimony in Texas....say what? pay her for what?

I dunno  bout the pressure cooker feature......if I get stuck here and the effin train gets me all flustered I better not have the pressure cooker feature to close to me....already got on the roof and it looks like a clear shot to the locomotive from my perch...but the POPO can see me from their windows.....ill need a gillie suit that looks like roof shingles  :laffs:  Wash

^^^  You gotta watch those Poblanos, though - they're "green" when they're "milder" but they turn red, too.  And then, they're pretty fucking hot.  They're a mainstay in my "pepper garden plot."  Get 'em before they get red...   or they turn into the "Anchos..."  For real. They don't need to look "dried up" like that pic above - those fuckers start to turn, you better pick them off the plant...  Watch 'em close, if you grow them...   :lmao:

17 hours ago, washguy said:

17.99?  holy crap !   :laffs:  Wash

Actually it probably pretty mild for us in the Southwest, from the price it is probably a yankee product. Maybe just a souped up Heinz catsup.

OOPS! I found this:

• ULTRA HOT WITH FLAVOR – Imported from Australia this hot sauce has an impeccable blend of heat and flavour in a generous 8oz bottle. It measures around 35,000 on the Scoville Scale. The perfect sauce for people who like it hot but not insane. 10 times hotter than regular Tabasco.
  • PACKED WITH FRUIT AND VEG – Made entirely of Scorpion and Birds Eye peppers, citrus juices, vegetables, the superfood Goji Berries, Apple Cider Vinegar, Coconut sugar and Himalayan pink salt. This is the healthiest hot sauce on the planet. No GMOs, no gluten, no processed sugar, no preservatives, no additives, no water.
  • HILARIOUS GIFT IDEA – Perfectly priced as a stocking stuffer or Secret Santa present.
  • QUALITY PACKAGING – Custom made ‘Dom Perignon’ Champagne inspired bottle, as this sauce is the ‘champagne of hot sauces’. Gorgeous, extravagant packaging reflects the quality of the sauce inside.

Details: This hot sauce is imported from Australia on a big boat because Bunster is an Aussie Chick from Perth.

Bunster developed a love of flavorful pepper sauces while holidaying in Mexico and Central America in 2011. Upon returning home to Western Australia she created the unique sauce after grabbing everything healthy out of her pantry and fridge.

Consequently it turned out to be the most delicious chili sauce anyone had ever eaten.

She made it full of veggies and it’s GMO Free, gluten Free, processed sugar free, preservative and additive free and vegan safe.

The addition of with Scorpion chilies and a funny name (that was only meant to be a one off joke) cemented it as a crowd favorite. Hot sauce enthusiasts the world over, who’d been searching for the perfect mix of flavor and heat were won over by Bunsters.

Edited by mrmackc

Need some advice from you old pros at smoking pork. I have been asked to smoke some pork for pulled pork sandwiches being served at my parents anniversary party, family thinks I do a great job but then they are all Yankees, minimal experience with real southern BBQ. So the question is shoulder or butt for the best pulled sandwich meat?

I have smoked both at different times but can't say I know enough to be sure of my selection and will need 20-25 pounds so don't want to screw it up. I was thinking shoulder would give me the moistest meat, maybe some of each? I will have to smoke it then freeze it for a month since I will not be home in enough time to get it done right before the party, staying power while vacuum sealed and froze for a month is another factor, should be able to leave it whole as the old man has an industrial size vacuum sealer. 

On a side note I need a recipe for a vinegar based sauce. Cookies will be the sweet sauce, local made so no wiggle room there but I want to widen their horizons a bit. They all think jalapenos are insanely hot so I can't go too far with the heat.

JT the only advice I would give would be to get 3 or 4 smaller butts bone in to smoke rather than 2 giant butts.....they cook up faster and you will have a better handle on it........as for the month in a freezer.....yikes...I remember Shepp did some butts and froze em I think?  He would know the answer on the freezing............ also there is wastage like the bone and the weird grey meat that you run into next to bone.....nasty !   :thumbup:   Wash