• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

8 hours ago, DNP said:

Shepp is doing it better than I ever could I’m sure. Salt pepper garlic. All it will ever need. Cook it indirect til about 125 and then throw it on a hot open grill o we direct heat for 1.5-2 minutes per side. 

I never tried black ops but of all the rubs I have your salt pepper garlic powder is the best, actually gone back to that on steaks too, KISS! 

I been doing it low 175° grill temp to 100-105°, pull it cover it crank the grill to 450-500 and put it in the grill grates till it hits 120-125 searing both side, and resting it seems to carry over about 10°, I’ll rest it till it stops the carry over. I’ve ate it hot the nights I grill it, but I love it sliced cold in my lunch. Each night I’ll slice some off and dump some of the juice in a container for the next day

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

@DNP is a Cookin' NINJA with tri tip. Gethim in here for some tips on it. It's unreal...:hail:

That’s who got me started on it! I saw it in the store this winter, bought it and text him “how the fuck do I cook this thing?!?!?!”

When you find a t bone just cut with a giant  filet attached you gotta get for 9 bills...what a find....so what if its 3 weeks out of date and has Lil green frogs hair growing on it ! cuckacurba and emrils essence with worstershire..500 for 14 mins.....Wash

20190718_192306.jpg

20190718_192610.jpg

2 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

@Sisco As soon as you're done with that steak would you mind if I toasted some bread on that well seasoned grill?  

Funny you should say that Red, A minute after the picture, ,that “well seasoned grill” caught fire! I had to push the steak around to avoid it. I had brushed it hard, but the last thing I had cooked on it was smoking a 14 pound brisket, and all the residual carbonized fat finally went up. Was 900 degrees when I snuffed it. I was wondering if I would get to the melting point of the cast iron grate! It is completely bare now!

At the risk of jeopardizing my man-card, I have to admit I hardly ever grill and dont have any idea what im doing, but ive been trying to remedy that. Bagged some chicken in a balsamic marinade with italian seasonings and a ton of garlic overnight. grilled some red peppers and served it with rice. It was pretty good. Gave myself a pat on the back.

20190721_115657-1.jpg