• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

did a long day a grilling and chilling. Sholder pulled at 5:50 hrs/min at 203* smoked was a bit of a pain in the ass.. but it made a day of it. bark is there not to big and crusty like I like it. letting it sit in a cooler while i grill some corn👍

3hrs in..20190825_160852.jpg

20190825_160551.jpg

20190825_160715.jpg

20190825_160659.jpg

20190825_160818.jpg

Edited by sketch
good shits!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Sisco said:

A propane grill you won’t get the dark color.

Got it on mine, 8 hrs at as close to 275 as I could mange and kept the smoke rolling all day, foil packets of pellets and apple chips. Basted it in the drippings every hour or so, also foiled up about every air gap feasible. 

2nd that Sisco. and thank you.

Ill say i gave it hell! Imagine a smokey grill ment for this wouldn't have taking a better part of my day, but i got in a few bee attacks a few uknown flying basterds, and two net flix shows. Oh shits that made it a day off I think? Is this what you do after  graduated.. hell yeah beers stared at 1300👍🍻🇺🇸

What the hell have we come to, when 203 degrees is perfect, but 205 degrees is disaster.  You digital thermometer fuckers with to-the-minute grilling/smoking times, relayed to your smart phone...  Are you guys winning prize money off this shiit?...  You have a show on some "grilling network" that nobody knows about? 

Can you guys cook on a Weber charcoal grill, these days?...  This thing, here...

d19b4b7a-d148-4996-a109-433eab4e4765_1.b

If you were completely disconnected from "wireless," could you still cook?  Can you handle a campfire-cook?  If the lights go out, do you have something that will cook food outside, with WOOD?  I'm just wondering what the real "mastery level" is here.  In days past, @DNP and I buried shiit in the ground for a day, covered in the embers of a roaring campfire the night before, buried in sand for a day-long-cook...   you could cut through the pork rib bones with a plastic picnic fork, and a turkey just sucked - you couldn't pull a leg bone without all the meat falling off... 

You digital fuckers are gonna die when the world ends - you need to start a fire (first), then cook off that bitch...  I hope y'all didn't forget your past, with all the digital shiit... 

Homos... 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

If you were completely disconnected from "wireless," could you still cook?  Can you handle a campfire-cook?  If the lights go out, do you have something that will cook food outside, with WOOD?  I'm just wondering what the real "mastery level" is here.  In days past, @DNP and I buried shiit in the ground for a day, covered in the embers of a roaring campfire the night before, buried in sand for a day-long-cook...   you could cut through the pork rib bones with a plastic picnic fork, and a turkey just sucked - you couldn't pull a leg bone without all the meat falling off... 

You digital fuckers are gonna die when the world ends - you need to start a fire (first), then cook off that bitch...  I hope y'all didn't forget your past, with all the digital shiit... 

Homos... 

This my friend is what you need. It is called the “Akorn”. It grills, smokes, everything in between, using lump charcoal and real wood. Sold my tower smoker and is all I use now. Incredible oxygen and moisture control.

52E9EAC1-C302-44AD-A657-FB77470F1645.jpeg

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

This my friend is what you need. It is called the “Akorn”. It grills, smokes, everything in between, using lump charcoal and real wood. Sold my tower smoker and is all I use now. Incredible oxygen and moisture control.

I ain't particularly sure Sisco,   but the setup might be the third 'FatBoy'  missing since WWII.  I'd be careful.

atomic-bomb-fat-boy.jpg

Edited by RedRiverII

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

you need to start a fire (first), then cook off that bitch...

Funny you say that, I wanted to do this 5 pork butts thing all at one time, Iowa farmer old school, dig a pit in the backyard, big ass fire, throw in some big round rocks with MORE wood, level an even bed of coals and rocks, line hole with green corn stalks, wrap the meat in wet burlap, pile it up, corn, potatoes, carrots, etc. top with stalks, layer of damp cloth, big sheet of roofing tin, bury, dig up and eat in about 10-12 hours. Used to do this with 75 pound or so whole hogs. I was told no digging in the backyard by the wife, 😤

Also reminds me I have to get more Altoids tin fire starter kits for the kids at Christmas, hands down the ones I handed out last year were a hit :thumbup: still here the women telling me it will be my fault when something burns down.:laffs: Thought about showing them friction fire but then I remembered how bad making a friction fire sucks, we'll just talk about that one...............

7 hours ago, Sisco said:

Guarrenteered  not to slip, slide, drip snot, bleed, blister, come, or sling gravel?

That about does it all for me!

50 minutes ago, washguy said:

Mrmac    looks like a green egg knock off ......is it lined like a green egg? ?    :banana:  wash

Actually a Green Egg is a knock off itself of a Komodo oven. The Acorn is similar, but instead of ceramic, it is twin walled insulated steel to retain heat. And costs a third of a Green Egg.

8 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

I ain't particularly sure Sisco,   but the setup might be the third 'FatBoy'  missing since WWII.  I'd be careful.

atomic-bomb-fat-boy.jpg

My father was in ordnance after WWII. He had the Acorn laying around. We don’t use charcoal, it cooks by radiation. It also explains why our family dog had two heads.

Edited by Sisco