imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, DNP said:

He called with bad news today. I can’t pick up til Friday. He’s too friggin big. They couldn’t get all the hamburger done and have to finish tomorrow or Thursday. 

But, this is not necessarily bad news...   :thumbup::hail:

On 2/3/2023 at 11:52 PM, DNP said:

Crap. One full freezer, a bunch in the other and some in the house fridge. 

717.6 lbs of product, but probably 80-100 of that is bones for broth and lard to render…so about 600lbs of meat!  Thanks Ricky. 

0A261A01-4DE3-4A48-9302-1F6C2D97B030.jpeg

😍😍😍😍😍

Have you ever rendered fat before? Probably to small for the amount of fat you have but when I did it in the crock pot it worked really well! 

Also not that making broth is a science or anything but I got a pretty good recipe if you need one 

10 hours ago, DNP said:

Crap. One full freezer, a bunch in the other and some in the house fridge. 

717.6 lbs of product, but probably 80-100 of that is bones for broth and lard to render…so about 600lbs of meat!  Thanks Ricky. 

0A261A01-4DE3-4A48-9302-1F6C2D97B030.jpeg

Trust me after you get spoiled by the quality, you will have Rickey II and Rickey III and on and on.Think we are on Beef-o-Rama 9 or 10. Cut back to a side instead of a whole one 5 years ago.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:01 AM, DNP said:

Thanks. We’re going to try the recipe he gave us. I’ll post up the couple of sheets he included with the boxes. One for broth and one for rendering lard.  We have not done either of those, but there’s lots to experiment with. 

Yes! I’d be interested, especially on the rendering 

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

Trust me after you get spoiled by the quality, you will have Rickey II and Rickey III and on and on.Think we are on Beef-o-Rama 9 or 10. Cut back to a side instead of a whole one 5 years ago.

I grew up through 4-H and FFA. We’ve been putting pets I. The freezer for years. This is the first one that was 100% mine and finished out by me. We’ll be doing a lot more down the road. With 3 growing boys…we’ll be sticking to the full steer for a while. 

9 minutes ago, DNP said:

I grew up through 4-H and FFA. We’ve been putting pets I. The freezer for years. This is the first one that was 100% mine and finished out by me. We’ll be doing a lot more down the road. With 3 growing boys…we’ll be sticking to the full steer for a while. 

I encourage all the Brothers on this page to do a little research in their area. Get a decent freezer, investigate farmers and butchers, particularly in rural areas, that sell whole or sides of beef. The price you get steaks, roasts and hamburger for will absolutely amaze you. And will pay for the freezer in a year or two. It is a vanishing thing but take advantage of it if you can. Properly butchered and wrapped, the meat will keep at least for two years.

Edited by Sisco

On 2/4/2023 at 4:43 PM, DNP said:

3E4ABD02-E024-4F98-BF60-CC3D28B41F08.jpeg

506BA218-1998-4C9D-85FB-D5CAE7AE887E.jpeg

552AFC93-DF55-4AA2-888C-0F57D66291D3.jpeg

95DF9E13-C73D-43AC-AB69-6207887DCCC5.jpeg

He’s onto it with the turkey fryer with the amount you have. Maybe look into one of these to strain it. 
AYUSEB 30 Pack 10" Deep Fryer Oil Filters, Best Non Woven Cooking Oil Strainer, Premium Maple Syrup Filter Set, Cones Commercial Filter for Restaurants, Kitchen, Cafes, Food Trucks, Hotels https://a.co/d/a3p2HH6

that’s how we strained the deep fryer oil back in the day.