imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, jtallen83 said:

About 4 inches of meat and an inch plus of bone exposed on an end, most are in pairs yet. I really should try the fatter ones with some low and slow smoke.

I marinaded these in Bachan’s over night, put them on at 200 till they hit 120° foiled them turned up to 500° and seared each side for 5-8 min, let them rest and sliced. Honestly they woulda been good with just SPG too 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 8:37 PM, DNP said:

Ran over the neighbors cow again on the way home eh?

good score. We don’t get to slaughter our steer til January. Butchers are way out for scheduling. 

I got told no side of beef for nine  more months. Was supposed to be delivered in September. Demand is crazy.

8 hours ago, DNP said:

Won this raffle prize at a golf tournament today. Anyone use a propane smoker?

DD426D1B-2052-43DC-BC91-D48653ECB2AE.jpeg

I have had one for several years.  It is where I made the pulled pork that I bring to AZ.  The only drawback on the one I have is that you have to add wood chips every half hour or so.

I liked it enough to buy a replacement when it wore out even though I have a pellet grill. 

That’s endorsement enough right there. I’ll unpack it. I figured I’d ask around before unboxing it. Couldn’t decide if I’d keep it or find somewhere else to trade it off. I almost traded it at the event for a couple of really nice camp chairs. 

On 10/6/2022 at 8:17 PM, Sisco said:

I got told no side of beef for nine  more months. Was supposed to be delivered in September. Demand is crazy.

After I was told this I went out and found 3 slabs of Prime New York Strips for $7.99/pound -24 2-inch steaks total after cutting and trimming. Got them in food saver bags and in the freezer, and a day later my above butcher calls and says “Your side is ready for pick up”  Say what? “ You told me nine months!”  “Didn’t she call you? We found a nice steer, and put you down for half.”  😳With meatflation rampant, I decided to take it. I know the source and he raises excellent beef. So looks like I am set for two years or so. Price did go up to $4 a pound, butchered, wrapped and frozen.

9 hours ago, Sisco said:

After I was told this I went out and found 3 slabs of Prime New York Strips for $7.99/pound -24 2-inch steaks total after cutting and trimming. Got them in food saver bags and in the freezer, and a day later my above butcher calls and says “Your side is ready for pick up”  Say what? “ You told me nine months!”  “Didn’t she call you? We found a nice steer, and put you down for half.”  😳With meatflation rampant, I decided to take it. I know the source and he raises excellent beef. So looks like I am set for two years or so. Price did go up to $4 a pound, butchered, wrapped and frozen.

:lmao: I can see there's gonna be lots of steak dinner's at Al's for a while.

Would you like a side of steak to go along with that steak?

Did a banger of a bday smoke with 3 flavors : spicey pork , BBQ pork. And beef BBQ. I almost didn't need the smoke here due to wild fires but the flavors were great and the meat was tender! Love grilling ribs! 🍻🍻 and some corn whiskey form the kid! 20221015_180126.thumb.jpg.69739d914da48e485ae213fefe59e86e.jpg20221016_160043.thumb.jpg.15be6fecb4939ff7063d81c8cfe46b67.jpg20221016_161744.thumb.jpg.a52e6aa7c797c6ecd469b36ca02b38a9.jpg20221016_201312.thumb.jpg.121f0b8c5f9fd5d086a231e33385d095.jpg