• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Official 98Z5V Needs This Thread

imschur

45-70 is one of the most Demonic rounds ever created. It's Evil.  I'm running 405gr silver-cast lead projectiles with a meager 50.0 grains of IMR 3031 through the RIFLE...  and it's punishing to shoot.  It's effective, but it really sucks to shoot, and it beats you up.    And that load can go up to 55.0 grains of that powder...  Yeah, fuk that. 

In a handgun?  Fuk no.  Y'all can have that one.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/26/2020 at 7:16 AM, shepp said:

You’re most welcome 

. . . . And it only shoots 2 1/2" shells! as per: Henry's Specs.

Chamber Size
2 1/2" Shells
Capacity
5 Rounds
M.S.R. Price
$970.00
I wonder why? most .410 shotguns have a 3" chamber .  (maybe a weak action, or a short magazine?)
The old single shot break action my dad gave me just after WWII had a
2 1/2" chamber and Dad drilled it out to 3.00" with a 7/16" bit since we could only find 3" shells at the hardware store.

3 hours ago, mrmackc said:

. . . . And it only shoots 2 1/2" shells! as per: Henry's Specs.

Chamber Size
2 1/2" Shells
Capacity
5 Rounds
M.S.R. Price
$970.00
I wonder why? most .410 shotguns have a 3" chamber .  (maybe a weak action, or a short magazine?)
The old single shot break action my dad gave me just after WWII had a
2 1/2" chamber and Dad drilled it out to 3.00" with a 7/16" bit since we could only find 3" shells at the hardware store.
Awesome Dad!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

If I hadn't gotten my truck back, I already would have been driving one of those.  With a 4" lift, 2" wheel spacers, and 37" dual beadlock HMMWV tires and wheels.  For real.  Spent the Saturday after the truck was ripped, looking.  Found 5 tires and wheels for $560 shipped, found the truck down in Sierra Vista, was heading down the next weekend to get it.  The next day, Sunday, had a Local PD guy knock on the door and tell me it was recovered.

That combo looks like this:

1985 Military M1008 CUCV 6.2 Liter Diesel 4 x 4 Pickup Truck Upgraded for  Sale, Slidell MS

17 minutes ago, DNP said:

That 6.2 in it is a complete turd of a motor though. It’s gotta go. 

6.2 indirect Injection engine SUCKED, very true.  It would have stayed in there until I found one of the 6.5 Turbo Diesels, though.  

Edited by 98Z5V

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, DNP said:

Alright, we get to start the pool again. I’ve got 3 months. 

Hairdresser for Gun Pusher John's wife is up next.  Well, she was available a few weeks ago anyway.  Contacted the old hairdresser of mine tonight, we'll see what I hear back.  She was BADASS!!!  

On 12/31/2020 at 11:02 PM, 98Z5V said:

Hairdresser for Gun Pusher John's wife is up next.  Well, she was available a few weeks ago anyway.  Contacted the old hairdresser of mine tonight, we'll see what I hear back.  She was BADASS!!!  

Hair dressers are trouble trust me

Need some of this right now...   Blew up the Honda this weekend.  It gave me a good run - I glued that engine together in May, 2008. 

ESR-BIG-BORE-PISTON-KITS--2.jpg

I'll go get the top off the cylinder in a few, and assess the damage.  No matter what I find, it's a 2-stroke.  It'll be WAAAAY cheaper than blowing up a 4-stroke...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

11 hours ago, SmoothAction said:

98Z5V, you went here with that Honda? Son of a gun! 

1786657901_ScreenShot2021-01-08at8_26_34AM.thumb.png.1fbb38af68e18cfe51b21ed6caaac92d.png

Indeed...   Already planning the next one, after parts come in to fix this engine.  Taking BOTH next time - 2-stroke and the 4-stroke.  One goes down, fuk it - rip the other one.  :thumbup: No headlights on the 2-stroke, though, so I need the 4-t to ride at night.

9 hours ago, DNP said:

That poor hill had seen better days. Damn the high HP long travels that have flattened it out. 

You ain't kiddin'...   Plus, there are WAY BIGGER hills out there.  I'll let you know on the plans for the next one, brother - I'm trying to get these local guys to make a trip down south - they've NEVER ridden the south dunes.  Only Glamis, up north.  I'll keep you advised.  It'll definitely be an off-weekend, no holidays.  Pull into Ogilby Campground all the way under the trees, right up against the little dunes...   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Indeed...   Already planning the next one, after parts come in to fix this engine.  Taking BOTH next time - 2-stroke and the 4-stroke.  One goes down, fuk it - rip the other one.  :thumbup: No headlights on the 2-stroke, though, so I need the 4-t to ride at night.

You ain't kiddin'...   Plus, there are WAY BIGGER hills out there.  I'll let you know on the plans for the next one, brother - I'm trying to get these local guys to make a trip down south - they've NEVER ridden the south dunes.  Only Glamis, up north.  I'll keep you advised.  It'll definitely be an off-weekend, no holidays.  Pull into Ogilby Campground all the way under the trees, right up against the little dunes...   :hail:

Don't count me out..... I mean that. Keep me in the loop.