• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Official 98Z5V Needs This Thread

imschur

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, shepp said:

And with the judges popularity they’ve come out with a lot of .410 “specialty ammo”

This is what I usually have in my Governor, although not at that price.

https://exammo-com.3dcartstores.com/Hornady-Critical-Defense-410-Bore-1-Slug-2-RD-Ball-FTX-Centerfire-Shotgun-Slug-Ammunition-Box-of-20_p_331.html

12 hours ago, DayWalker said:

I don’t know how I feel about a .410, but damn if that Henry isn’t a fantastic looking piece

I've had a soft spot for a .410 all my life. My first shotgun was a bolt-action Mossberg 183K, that still lives in my safe. I took lots of rabbits, and even birds on the wing with that little shotgun.

While I was in law school, I picked up a Mossberg 500 in .410, and finished 3rd in the law school shooting club's skeet shoot with it. When I showed up, everyone laughed at my "BB gun." No one was laughing after the day was over. 🤣

The .410 is fun, but it can be useful once you get used to its limitations. You have to get on birds fast, before they fly out of range. I've always convinced myself that a .410 makes you a better shotgunner. Maybe that's just my justification..

10 hours ago, COBrien said:

While I was in law school🤣

Wait a minute. WAIT....A....MINUTE! You're a...........lawyer?

I don't remember ever hearing that. And you're hanging out with THIS crowd? Not caring if you get disbarred for the company that you surround yourself with? :lmao:

I mean....it's already bad enough that Doc has to deal with getting laughed at when he goes to those hoidy toidy eye doc socials that I'm sure he and Susan go to. Other eye docs thinking that he hangs out with the deplorable riff raff and such. :lmao: His "upwardly mobile" social future has already been completely ruined by this outfit......just by association. The poor bastard is stuck with us now.

For your own good, professionally of course, I think that we're gonna have to kick you outta here. :banhim::lmao:

22 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

it's already bad enough that Doc has to deal with getting laughed at when he goes to those hoidy toidy eye doc socials that I'm sure he and Susan go to. Other eye docs thinking that he hangs out with the deplorable riff raff and such.

Hell, I hung out with the riff raff at school as well.  I grew up as riff raff and always will be.  I just needed a job that would let me afford the toys I wanted.

@COBrien he is right though.  You should run before the other JDs find out who you are hanging out with. :lmao:

6 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Hell, I hung out with the riff raff at school as well.  I grew up as riff raff and always will be.  I just needed a job that would let me afford the toys I wanted.

@COBrien he is right though.  You should run before the other JDs find out who you are hanging out with. :lmao:

See COBrien. He's too far gone already.

Save yourself man. While you still can. :lmao:

13 hours ago, COBrien said:

I've had a soft spot for a .410 all my life. My first shotgun was a bolt-action Mossberg 183K, that still lives in my safe. I took lots of rabbits, and even birds on the wing with that little shotgun.

While I was in law school, I picked up a Mossberg 500 in .410, and finished 3rd in the law school shooting club's skeet shoot with it. When I showed up, everyone laughed at my "BB gun." No one was laughing after the day was over. 🤣

The .410 is fun, but it can be useful once you get used to its limitations. You have to get on birds fast, before they fly out of range. I've always convinced myself that a .410 makes you a better shotgunner. Maybe that's just my justification..

hell yes makes you a better shot no matter what drives you!  I've also learned some life lessons in 410. This was my first full rebuild project. from rot to reblued nut and bolt . pre ar.. so I agree with co. you have to start somewhere. 

3 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Wait a minute. WAIT....A....MINUTE! You're a...........lawyer?

Brother - you don't remember that?  He's already bailed out a solid 1/2 dozen of us in the last several years.  He's our Savior.  

You need to keep up with the current events.  In our (errant) circles, he's known as "The Notorious C.O.B."... :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

14 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I've always gotten along better with the riff raff -- the folks who are good as gold, even if a handful of them are dumb as fvck. At least I don't have to worry about being stabbed in the back or ulterior motives; you never have to guess what they're thinking.

Having said that, being familiar with firearms, cars, tools, etc. etc. makes a great impression on the folks I deal with on a daily basis. I once showed up to help a longtime client change the u-joints on his truck, because he didn't know what the hell he was doing. Rolled in with a ball joint press and cordless impact, turned his all-day fiasco into a 2-hour job, and forever became known as a regular guy who happens to be a lawyer. He's sent me more clients over the years than I can count right now.

All because I knew my way around a set of tools. Because I immersed myself in the riff raff all my life.

15 hours ago, Rsquared said:

See COBrien. He's too far gone already.

Save yourself man. While you still can. :lmao:

Not everyone can be scum bag HVAC techs like us 🤣🤣

38 minutes ago, COBrien said:

I've always gotten along better with the riff raff -- the folks who are good as gold, even if a handful of them are dumb as fvck. At least I don't have to worry about being stabbed in the back or ulterior motives; you never have to guess what they're thinking.

Having said that, being familiar with firearms, cars, tools, etc. etc. makes a great impression on the folks I deal with on a daily basis. I once showed up to help a longtime client change the u-joints on his truck, because he didn't know what the hell he was doing. Rolled in with a ball joint press and cordless impact, turned his all-day fiasco into a 2-hour job, and forever became known as a regular guy who happens to be a lawyer. He's sent me more clients over the years than I can count right now.

All because I knew my way around a set of tools. Because I immersed myself in the riff raff all my life.

That funny same thing happen to one of my best friends. He’s a banker, ran into the older couple that bought his old truck from a small town dealer. He’s at the hardware store in overalls and a ratty shirt, says to the couple “nice truck” they said thank you we just bought it” he replies “yea I Know it’s my old truck” the older lady says “huh they told us a bank president owned this truck” he says “yep that’s me” lol

back to the .410, I feel the same about my .28ga single shot I grew up rabbit hunting with that gun, learned how to shoot with it but also learned real well how to de cock a gun. 

• 3 weeks later...

45-70 Revolver

https://www.armslist.com/posts/12788167/madison-wisconsin-handguns-for-sale--magnum-research-b-f-r---45-70

12788167_02_magnum_research_b_f_r_45_70_
12788167_03_magnum_research_b_f_r_45_70_
12788167_01_magnum_research_b_f_r_45_70_

New -  in the box -  Magnum reseach -  B.F.R. 45/70 -  10inch barrel - Face to face sale with Wisconsin concealed carry $1100  -- - or shipped FFL to FFL   $1200

lg.php?bannerid=612&campaignid=149&zonei

Private Party Details Registered on 11/6/2020Listings by this user
  • Shipping:
    No
  • CATEGORY Handguns
  • Manufacturer Magnum Research
  • Action Single Action
  • Firearm Type

Oh, heeeeeeeelllllll NO on that.  I know what my rifle feels like, and the recoil that mean fucker produces.  No way am I shooting that from a Hand-Howitzer...  :thefinger::lmao:

Meanest thing I wanna shoot from a handgun is @blue109's (his pops) .460 S&W Magnum.  THAT is a mean bastard, right there...   :banana:

Gun shop owner had two .460 Weatherby Magnums come through. First one, buyer brought it back after one round fired. Too much recoil for him.

Second one came in, buyer said he wouldn't be bringing it back  His joy was to have a friend (?) fire off a round. So far, he'd only had three rounds fired out of his box of 20. But he loved the look on the faces of his friends who touched one off.