• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Official 98Z5V Needs This Thread

imschur

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it Russian so probably requires a vodka fueled operator.

bike is able to turn very much like skateboards — by shifting the driver’s body weight or by planting the foot on the side. this is obviously demanding on hard surfaces, but will probably work better on soft ones like sand or snow.150cc gasoline motor powers the HAMYAK through a drive shaft and chain drive combo. the track comes from snowmobiles and features shock absorbing rollers completely built-in. its top speed is 43 km/h (27 mph) but because its lack of suspension, some say it might get a bit rough at that speed. actually, the recommended speed is of 20 km/h (12.3 mph). it weights a total of 85 kilograms (187 lbs) and can fit inside the truck of any automobile.

1 hour ago, DNP said:

From the video, it appears you stop...put both feet down and manually maneuver it to be pointing in the direction you would like to travel. 

I bet if you get enough "lean" in on that thing, and whiskey-throttle it, it'll turn.

If someone here will buy it, I ride that motherfucker.  I'll ride the hell out of it, even if it means more pins in a clavicle again.  :banana:

If it was a 2-stroke, it would get down...   :lmao:

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2021 at 8:47 AM, shepp said:

Wonder how many weeks it would take me to get to the desert in this 

D4B886B9-456D-4A4D-A44F-D6C0806957C7.jpeg

1B91958D-5641-4CA4-9FCC-64A9FA3DB73D.jpeg

One of my pipe-dreams is for one of the omni-fuel versions of these guys (apparently it'll run on just about any combustible liquid from gasoline to used motor oil... ).  I started looking for one but my wife was less excited than I was to have it in our driveway.   I told her that it could be worse and that I'd rather have a Dragon Wagon and that this was a compromise.   She was not amused.   🙂 

5 hours ago, BigNate said:

One of my pipe-dreams is for one of the omni-fuel versions of these guys (apparently it'll run on just about any combustible liquid from gasoline to used motor oil... ).  I started looking for one but my wife was less excited than I was to have it in our driveway.   I told her that it could be worse and that I'd rather have a Dragon Wagon and that this was a compromise.   She was not amused.   🙂 

Bring her to a shoot out here in the desert, and I'll bet that either @JBMatt can talk her into it, or DirtBike Tommy can talk her into it, or I can talk her into it.   :laffs:

If you show up when everybody gathers - EVERYBODY - and "the other guy" that we know drives HIS out there, with a 1919 pintle-mounted on the bed...  

...then she's done.  You'll own one.  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, DNP said:

It even has a purple laser on it. What chick could resist that?

:lmao::banana::laffs:

In my original reply, it looks like I've SERIOUSLY UNDERESTIMATED the ability of @DNP - to talk her into it, too...   :hail:❤️

Edited by 98Z5V

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

:lmao::banana::laffs:

In my original reply, it looks like I've SERIOUSLY UNDERESTIMATED the ability of @DNP - to talk her into it, too...   :hail:❤️

If I can get her to join us we'll see who is underestimating who...   I don't have a good understanding of @DNP's powers of persuasion - but I've learned a good bit about the stubbornness of the Irish wife... 🙂   For what it is worth - she's only veto'd it "for now."   The long term goal includes more than our current 1 acre and a gynormous steel workshop - and she says that once that happens she does not care what I buy - as long as it fits in the workshop.   Time will tell... 🙂