imschur

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 8:54 PM, 98Z5V said:

GAWD DAYUM!!!   :drool:

Crispy is at SHOT right now, and I know that's a SHOT setup, by the lanyard on it.  Fuk, I want one BAD...

He did the first shot at the range today too! 

I didmy crop his name out cuz I knew you loved him as much as I do 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:54 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

Damn, that is a sexy as hell! :drool:

Screen-Shot-2022-01-16-at-1_34.32-PM-1024x666.thumb.png.99a9c3ba9af305b18b3f1e6175321293.png

https://fnamerica.com/highpower/

just needs a threaded barrel, but yes very sexy

Sorry to hear that man.  I wish I could offer up some suggestions to alter that situation, but a man makes his own decisions for good or for bad. You’ve done about everything you can as a dad.   Sometimes it takes a village. As I said, let me know if we can help. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

My fucking 25-year old child is out on his own, just making a mess of his life right now.  And I keep having to clean it all up.  Fucker needs to wake up, and grow the fuk up, already. 

Yeah, that sucks to hear that brother. You would hope that a kid would wake the hell up by that age. But some never do. It blows that you have to clean up his $hit.

It doesn't help, for what it's worth, but I'm the youngest of three boys (I'm 55), and the other two are worthless, with the middle brother being a complete Fuk-up. And he always was.

So like I said. Some will never grow out of it.

I count myself lucky that the two evil spawn that came from my loins have actually turned out to be pretty ok. Though I would never tell them that. A practice that any real father would follow. :lmao:

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

My fucking 25-year old child is out on his own, just making a mess of his life right now.  And I keep having to clean it all up.  Fucker needs to wake up, and grow the fuk up, already. 

mine was in his early 30's before he squared up. been great every since. there's still time for yours, he may get it done yet. 

1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

mine was in his early 30's before he squared up. been great every since. there's still time for yours, he may get it done yet. 

My wife's dipchit (48) has been a nightmare since he was 14. Married when he was 12. Every time I tried to straighten him out she would go behind my back and coddle him. Thought he would try a little harder after he did his time. He talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk. After dropping the last straw on my back, and having multiple adult beverages in me, I went in and threw his azz out. I'm thinking this one is going to stick.

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I keep having to clean it all up.  Fucker needs to wake up, and grow the fuk up, already.

Sometime you can't and they won't. Sucks when you know the answer, you see it coming but all you can do to help is pick up the pieces that matter behind them. Some day he will realize what you did for him, not much solace now but kids are a long term investment full of priceless dividends along the way, enjoy what you can of it while you clean it up.

It is unfortunate that these adult children can't get it together. At least they have someone who cares but in the end you have to do for yourself. No one can do it for them. I wasn't fortunate to have a real father as mine was a miserable drunk. I left the house right after finishing highschool. What could go wrong? The train jumps the tracks in the company one chooses. I choose to go with the other losers in my group. Pissed away a good 10 years of my life saw a lot of young people proceed me in death. The route was Browns funeral home followed by St. Mary's cemetery. Having a fatalistic view of life I had no respect for myself and less for anyone else. But for all my faults one thing I always did was work. Fast life is a short life, met my wife at 28 she had a 13 year old daughter so I had to change my ways. I did so because I wanted to. I needed to because it was not going to end well even I could see it. Developing a family was the best thing that ever happened to me. Living like regular people without all the drama was and is really great. I am very fortunate that the cycle of $hit ended with me. If I could do it anybody can you you just have to want it. If you're not all you can be you have no one to blame but the reflection in the mirror. I blame no one it was all me I have always taken responsibility for my behavior. I have always been an open book here. Good luck hope these guys turn it around.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:28 PM, shepp said:

I’ll take one too @98Z5V

CB7DB100-A55B-47A2-8895-EF55DB5B8938.jpeg

Looks just like my old Browning Hi-Power that has been sitting neglected in the safe for too long.  Have to wonder if the FN triggers will work with the old Brownings.  Only complaint I ever had with that pistol was a mushy, crunchy trigger. Damn accurate and would eat any ammo I ever fed it.

Sorry to hear about the issues with the adult children. I've been blessed with two grown, happily married daughters that were a helluva lot less trouble than their dear old dad.  My only 2 cents comes from my own personal experience as a FU in my younger days - I learned less when someone bailed me out and cleaned up my mess, than when I had to learn to sit in it.

Edited by MtnMike

On 1/20/2022 at 12:27 AM, jim3326 said:

My wife's dipchit (48) has been a nightmare since he was 14.

Yup, got one just like that! He started at 14 also and he's mid 40's now. His mother and I have quit trying to do anything for him. It gets to a point when you're no longer helping, you're enabling! Having the wisdom to know when that is can be hard for a parent.

38 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

It gets to a point when you're no longer helping, you're enabling! Having the wisdom to know when that is can be hard for a parent.

Even beyond the not enabling them it is hard thinking you can't do anything about it and that never gets easier. I try to concentrate on controlling collateral damage for the youngsters.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, jtallen83 said:

Even beyond the not enabling them it is hard thinking you can't do anything about it and that never gets easier. I try to concentrate on controlling collateral damage for the youngsters.

Oh, I know all about controlling collateral damage with the youngsters, we raised his two daughters from the ages of 3 & 4! My wife ended up going to counseling because of the younger one and her shenanigans. You do what you have to for family, but I'm glad those girls are on their own now.

Edited by 392heminut