• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Where does your state rank?

seasprite

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I can't believe how far down New Mexico ranked, especially that far below Texas! There are criteria that they apparently didn't take into account. In New Mexico you can carry a firearm anywhere in your vehicle, loaded or unloaded even if you're not a resident. Your vehicle is considered the same as your home here. If I'm not mistaken you try that in Texas without a concealed carry license and see what happens if you get pulled over, it ain't gonna be pretty! When I was shooting the USPSA matches in El Paso the president of the host club would warn all of the out of staters to keep their firearms unloaded and locked in the trunk unless they had a CCL.

If that kind of BS makes it all the way down here, look for me on the news.

I've lived long enough already.

I haven't lived very long, but I feel the same way. Threatening my ability to defend myself will meet with the same response as threatening my well being, as far as I'm concerned they are one and the same.

Lol. Yeah. But when have we got to use their logic on anything else? Using their logic, cars kill a whole lot more people than guns...so we are going to have to walk everywhere from now on. I finally looked. Woohoo. We aren't dead last...heck...only #47!

16??  I think there are alot more firearm owners than what they state.They have Vermont in the top but they just passed alot of restrictions.This article is a little fukedup.

Surprisingly Indiana got 10/10 in the NFA category. I know IN residents cant have SBSs. We can have cans,but cant hunt with them. I would think that would lower the NFA score to 7 or 8 out of 10.

Idaho was ranked 32? wtf over we also have a firearm freedom act and that is not reflected in this ranking and we are very class 3 and NFA friendly their poll sucks... want to check your state? their are only 7 that have passed this act Idaho did in 2010.....

http://firearmsfreedomact.com/state-by-state/#id

Edited by Magwa

Found this on the 1911forum didn't want to start a new thread since I'm not sure of how valid this post is but it does have link to anther forum with some pics. Some very interesting time were living in my friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmoore81 from Delaware Open Carry
The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe. I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did.

Find the original post:
http://deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.ph...t=8175&start=0