Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, shepp said:

Found her guarding my Habanero's last night

IMG_8430.JPG

IMG_8431.JPG

IMG_8432.JPG

We always called them corn spiders, they loved to build webs between the corn rows. Big and knarly looking but harmless to humans, death to other bugs. As a kid I would catch them in a jar and throw them on my sisters, they never bit, my sisters were a different story.......

8 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

We always called them corn spiders, they loved to build webs between the corn rows. Big and knarly looking but harmless to humans, death to other bugs. As a kid I would catch them in a jar and throw them on my sisters, they never bit, my sisters were a different story.......

lol I know them as garden spiders, I fucking hate spiders but I'm fascinated by big ones like this at the same time. It's the little fast ones that freak me out lol, plus she's protecting my food 

Back in the day our equipment operators used a large bench grinder with a wire wheel to polish rust off of oilfield bullet perforating guns and sometimes would get steel particles and wire pieces in their eye. We had a large electromagnet to magna-flux well casing. I would slip it over the guy's head and flip the switch on and off you could hear the metal hit the magnet and that almost always cleared up the eye problem.  An eye wash completed the treatment.