Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide
imschur

Pic Of The Day 2

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

Nicer bike than model.....

Holy Molley , couldn't she find some better cartoons to have tattooed on her body, dumb!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

No! Damn perve, quit yer drooling!!😂 I was trying to see if system would let me upload a 13 second video I shot while out groundhog hunting today..... it won't 

If it is on your phone, you might need to be on wifi.  I have trouble uploading larger files from a cell connection at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

If it is on your phone, you might need to be on wifi.  I have trouble uploading larger files from a cell connection at times.

It's on My phone & WiFi. I can upload pics, video can not be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Radioactive said:

How’s that song go “ I like my women a little on the trashy side” :thumbup::lmao:

Been there, on the trashy side, done that a long, long time ago, got over it!:banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, shooterrex said:

FB_IMG_1601278408229.jpg

I love AC-130s, more than most of you know.    That's a AC-130U model, with the 25mm chain gun, and both the 25mm and the 105mm Howitzer firing at the same time.  The previous model, the AC-130H, that one had twin 20mm guns instead of the 25mm gun.  Otherwise, twins.  That mid-ship gun that's not firing in that pic is the 40mm BOFORS.  That one is a crowd-pleaser, all by itself, right there. 

"Constant Left Hand Orbit" is something that you never, ever want a part of - unless it's on YOUR side.  The targeting system will plug a basketball while the aircraft is at a 10,000-foot orbit.  My Angel, right there.  :hail:

Here's the 40, right beside the 105. You can see the Twin-20s up front, so this one is the H model right here.

Lockheed AC-130, details, 2× 20 mm M61 Vulcan cannon 1× 40 mm (1.58 in)  L/60 Bofors cannon 1× 105 mm (4.13 in) M102 howitzer

Edited by 98Z5V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I love AC-130s, more than most of you know.    That's a AC-130U model, with the 25mm chain gun, and both the 25mm and the 105mm Howitzer firing at the same time.  The previous model, the AC-130H, that one had twin 20mm guns instead of the 25mm gun.  Otherwise, twins.  That mid-ship gun that's not firing in that pic is the 40mm BOFORS.  That one is a crowd-pleaser, all by itself, right there. 

"Constant Left Hand Orbit" is something that you never, ever want a part of - unless it's on YOUR side.  The targeting system will plug a basketball while the aircraft is at a 10,000-foot orbit.  My Angel, right there.  :hail:

Here's the 40, right beside the 105. You can see the Twin-20s up front, so this one is the H model right here.

Lockheed AC-130, details, 2× 20 mm M61 Vulcan cannon 1× 40 mm (1.58 in)  L/60 Bofors cannon 1× 105 mm (4.13 in) M102 howitzer

My Dad was a 130 pilot, worked for MACV out of the US Embassy from the fall of 67 till the fall of 68, he had about 75 hrs of logged time in the MC-130E in country, had some beautiful slides of the Fulton recovery system being tested, from inside and outside the airplane, loaned them to a Col, they never came back,, wish I had those now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, billymagg said:

My Dad was a 130 pilot, worked for MACV out of the US Embassy from the fall of 67 till the fall of 68, he had about 75 hrs of logged time in the MC-130E in country, had some beautiful slides of the Fulton recovery system being tested, from inside and outside the airplane, loaned them to a Col, they never came back,, wish I had those now....

I went through a training course in 1995, down in Florida, and got briefed on all the history on the Special Operations Aircraft.  I begged and begged to be a "live extraction" for the Fulton System, to prove that it was still "viable."  After many hours of debate - they still refused.  I missed my "ultimate adrenaline rush" due to decision-makers that wouldn't decide, based on policy-makers that said it was unsafe. 

I'da signed whatever waivers it would have taken, just to have a picture of me, about (the intitial 10-feet off the ground) with double middle fingers flying, MASSIVE SMILE on my face, getting yanked off Mother Earth...  :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

I went through a training course in 1995, down in Florida, and got briefed on all the history on the Special Operations Aircraft.  I begged and begged to be a "live extraction" for the Fulton System, to prove that it was still "viable."  After many hours of debate - they still refused.  I missed my "ultimate adrenaline rush" due to decision-makers that wouldn't decide, based on policy-makers that said it was unsafe. 

I'da signed whatever waivers it would have taken, just to have a picture of me, about (the intitial 10-feet off the ground) with double middle fingers flying, MASSIVE SMILE on my face, getting yanked off Mother Earth...  :banana:

SSsshhhhhhhhh. I think that was in a super secret 308 AR mission OP a couple years back.

Now....of course....I can't confirm nor deny it though.

It's fallen into the "Mission Ops" dark filing cabinet of a Connecticut Yeti.

If you wanna talk about it.............................................Here...............................smell this rag. :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I went through a training course in 1995, down in Florida, and got briefed on all the history on the Special Operations Aircraft.  I begged and begged to be a "live extraction" for the Fulton System, to prove that it was still "viable."  After many hours of debate - they still refused.  I missed my "ultimate adrenaline rush" due to decision-makers that wouldn't decide, based on policy-makers that said it was unsafe. 

I'da signed whatever waivers it would have taken, just to have a picture of me, about (the intitial 10-feet off the ground) with double middle fingers flying, MASSIVE SMILE on my face, getting yanked off Mother Earth...  :banana:

Yep, a young lad such as yourself was killed during a Fulton recovery demo in Germany? If I recall, I knew very little about the "black bird" or what my Dad did in South East Asia...

As a Hospice Chaplain I was sitting in a nursing home with one ofmy patients who was passing, she was a teacher, with 4 adopted children. I was visiting with the daughter, telling  her about  losing my Dad to cancer, when she asked what he did? I told her he was a pilot in the USAF. She then proceeded to do what NO WOMEN EVER do, she asked? What did he fly? and I said the C-130. She said "I design radars for C-130's, and I said "NO you don't, why would you be designing a radar for a 50 year old airlifter? She said, "its a terrain following radar", and I told her my Dad flew a C-130 in Vietnam with terrain following radar. She stated, "that was the Combat Talon I, I design radars for the Combat Talon II"

 

Edited by billymagg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, billymagg said:

Yep, a young lad such as yourself was killed during a Fulton recovery demo in Germany? If I recall, I knew very little about the "black bird" or what my Dad did in South East Asia...

As a Hospice Chaplain I was sitting in a nursing home with one ofmy patients who was passing, she was a teacher, with 4 adopted children. I was visiting with the daughter, telling  her about  losing my Dad to cancer, when she asked what he did? I told her he was a pilot in the USAF. She then proceeded to do what NO WOMEN EVER do, she asked? What did he fly? and I said the C-130. She said "I design radars for C-130's, and I said "NO you don't, why would you be designing a radar for a 50 year old airlifter? She said, "its a terrain following radar", and I told her my Dad flew a C-130 in Vietnam with terrain following radar. She stated, "that was the Combat Talon I, I design radars for the Combat Talon II"

 

C-130s are still one of the best fixed-winged platforms out there, brother.  Paradrop Operations, Supply drops, short-airfield landing and takeoff - and ARMED, as the AC-130.

Badass aircraft, and it never needs to go away, from .mil operations.  There's no V-22 Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft or anything else out there that will ever be able to do what the C-130-variants can...   :hail:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...