• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pic Of The Day 2

imschur

16 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Did you fab that?

Nope, somebody tried to sell one to @JBMatt for $75.  So, he bought the steel for $31, took it to Scuba Steve, told him how he wanted it, and Scuba welded it up.  He told Matt that right after he finished what he wanted, he made one up for himself, too...  :laffs:

Matt picked up a 8ft 4x4 and 10ft 4x4 - and we cut the stuff and put it together.  Works pretty damn well, rock solid, with only wood screws holding it in place right now.  I can literally climb up on top of it, and it doesn't wiggle.   It'll get 1/2" lag bolts installed, through the brackets, one per leg.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Nope, somebody tried to sell one to @JBMatt for $75.  So, he bought the steel for $31, took it to Scuba Steve, told him how he wanted it, and Scuba welded it up.  He told Matt that right after he finished what he wanted, he made one up for himself, too...  :laffs:

Matt picked up a 8ft 4x4 and 10ft 4x4 - and we cut the stuff and put it together.  Works pretty damn well, rock solid, with only wood screws holding it in place right now.  I can literally climb up on top of it, and it doesn't wiggle.   It'll get 1/2" lag bolts installed, through the brackets, one per leg.

Fuken brilliant idea brother 🍻 :hail:

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Fuken brilliant idea brother 🍻 :hail:

Yep, love it, brother.  For the Spring Shoot, we'll have 2 tank traps, the Sex Swing, the PRS Barricade that Matt brought out for the Fall Shoot, we have several shooting mats for prone fire....   We could put together some hellish timed stages to shoot, play through, practice, and train on different shooting positions.  Gonna be fun!  :banana:

18 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

If you wanted to put hooks you could use plumbers PVC hangers anywhere along the 4x4 for rifle rest.

Nope - that's the beauty of the tank trap - depending on what type of rifle you're using determines where you have to shoot from.  You as the shooter need to figure out how to solve that problem.  Here's an example of what I'm talking about - Open and Restricted Class shooters have to shoot from ABOVE the intersection of the sections of the tank trap.  Tactical and Limited Class shooters can shoot from anywhere touching the tank trap - those guys can actually prone out on the ground, and touch the bottom of the leg of the trap with their elbow...   Different classes, different rules - gotta figure out what you're gonna do to solve this shooting problem. SO, you think you have a good plan, and the timer goes off...   BEEP!!!  :laffs:

Click until this is big enough to read - it's about 3 clicks I think...

https://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_2022_04/315820914_Stg1.png.c8b338cab6f0e58d896a3e09cef36153.png

IMG_2157.thumb.jpg.99806cde948f234c861ce99cd1e4e40c.jpg

IMG_2158.thumb.jpg.d86ebdfdf4c97c38cfbedc1ee501a512.jpg

IMG_2160.thumb.jpg.a23d0f6ea0f36bb6ca82e8e026ec40cb.jpg

17 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Scuba's got some skills,that square tube is strong as fuk.

Scuba Steve is a badass - he can fabricate ANYTHING.  He's a great dude, great friend, massive skills.  :hail:

9 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

So this egg thing is getting a bit silly, here's a picture I took tonight grocery shopping in the egg section.

Those baskets are usually full of egg cartons... the norm is Canadians crossing the border to by milk and cheese we're not used to things going the other way :laffs:

eggs.thumb.jpg.68b699f8630b87450a86430771051d19.jpg

On a side note : I have seen several chicken coops being shipped. Lol 🤣😆

True. My wife has been trying to get chickens here for the last couple of years. I haven’t been ready. It’s definitely cheaper to buy eggs at the store unless you have an endless supply of food for the little cluckers, so it won’t be a money saver…but we’ll also never be short on eggs.  When I finish the dog run, her coop is the next thing I have on the list to build. 

16 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

On a side note : I have seen several chicken coops being shipped. Lol 🤣😆

My bro had a full chicken ad6ed the other day.. I gave him some critter getter for in town use. Hope he don't shoot me in my ass. 🍊😆

The Human better bring their A-Game.  And be Bad As Fuk.  And it still won't matter.  I don't see any claws at the end of the fingers on this Human hand.  Bet they're ain't fangs in those Human jaws, either.  I'm just sayin'... 

People say a lion can be 2 or 3 meters long, but why does it look to me so  small? Also, why does its muscles appear to me smaller than of a

I'd pay good money to watch those 8% of Americans that really belive thier own shiit - pay money - go do it.  Kick that lion's ass...  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Typical male lions can weight anywhere from 330~550 lbs.  I'd rather try to fight Brock Lesnar.

Apparently, these 8% of Americans have never watched Gladiator, either.  Fighting a Tiger is a bad idea.  Fighting a (bigger, predator cat) Lion is a worse decision.

There's some very specific reasons that I don't pick fights with Tacti-Cat.  And he's only 14lbs...   :bat: