• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

Well this one was to be here end of Feb, a Canadian 308 non restricted rifle(means I can take it into the bush ,no registration) 

r23EPgW.jpg?1

Another Canadian upper/lower(just new) that gets around the whole AR restricted classification but every other part can be utilized of an AR 15,there is talk of a 308 version. Likely get here in May

MDI_SLR_Receiver_Right01_large_147e458a-

Recently approved for import into Canada also likely arriving in May M17 sc308

slide3.jpg

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand your gun laws - even with what I've seen here in the past.  Can you start a separate thread on this stuff, and enlighten us?  If those items were not legal, how do the new ones get around that?  Is this like (for us) looking at California regs and laws and rules?

Edited by 98Z5V

13 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I don't understand your gun laws - even with what I've seen here in the past.  Can you start a separate thread on this stuff, and enlighten us?  If those items were not legal, how do the new ones get around that?  Is this like (for us) looking at California regs and laws and rules?

+1 

So, I just talked to "Oscar"at the FedEx call center.  Oscar is in El Salvador. FedEx employs offshore labor.

I have an issue with a FedEx package, with it's specific delivery time.  And this is the best that FedEx can do.

This is gonna get bigger. WAY bigger.  Monday morning, FedEx is gonna get a dose of me, and they're not gonna like it.

50 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

The laws here are poorly written as one expects when laws written by those with no knowledge of the topic.This has also left a few tiny cracks which manufacturers up here are using(hence my purchase of the above items.

Wiki -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Canada

Random highlights-

Firearms here are a federal jurisdiction 

3 classes a)non restricted-mostly rifles&shotgun,no registration,walk in show card pay money walk out with gun

b)restricted-all handguns and firearms listed by name,registration required,only used at a accredited range. 

c) full auto,firearms listed by name and parts listed by name no longer issued except for highly restricted inheritance condition

So an FN-FAL is prohibited by name,an AR is restricted by name(but no SBR rules) and a XCR is non restricted. Yea doesn't make sense to me either.

Bulpup stock/conversion is prohibited but a factory bulpup is fine.

Mare's Leg in Canada is considered a non-restricted rifle,a 12ga pump with a 8.5inch barrel is non restricted(as long as it's a factory barrel not a hacksaw job).

Replica firearms are prohibited but the actual original firearm rendered properly inert. 

.32ACP handguns are prohibited by caliber(common caliber for cheap pistols criminals used ) yet the .32  CZ Skorpion (semi auto) is classed as a carbine and legal.

We can mail firearms/ammo directly to purchaser/friend(no FFL type requirements) That being said I have a FFL dealer that allows me to buy in the USA and export to Canada

We did make some progress with the previous Conservative government but the new libtard government is setting up to screw us over and making points with the un is just icing on the cake for them.

Up here we share many of the same issues when it comes to a biased media 

If there is some thing more specific just ask.

Ironically if I moved to the USA,I'd have to leave about a third behind,wore if I move to California.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

34 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

So, I just talked to "Oscar"at the FedEx call center.  Oscar is in El Salvador. FedEx employs offshore labor.

I have an issue with a FedEx package, with it's specific delivery time.  And this is the best that FedEx can do.

This is gonna get bigger. WAY bigger.  Monday morning, FedEx is gonna get a dose of me, and they're not gonna like it.

Well, Brownell's just got an email that they're not gonna like...

34 minutes ago, Roadk9 said:

Just ordered a flat Buffer spring from Brownells. My newly built AR10 is doing crazy things like, fail to feed, stovepipe, fail to eject.

So you have two issues. A true fail to feed is a magazine issue.

A stovepipe and fail to eject might be an extractor issue. A new spring won’t fix either. We might be able to help with a build sheet in a dedicated thread.

Edited by edgecrusher

17 minutes ago, Roadk9 said:

You're suggesting I list what I used to build the unit in a separate thread to allow others to make suggestions? Hmmmm.

elaborate in a seperated thread..? no worries but this  is kinda the credit card woes and lead times to products and companies you purchased from .. leave a link to your new thread and detial to your build , if you want hands on help. were a community of all sorts. each may have a diferent experience with a product or vendor. when it comes to making it work,  you get detailed answers to your personal threads. its the internet. all are welcome and you get your nitch in time. 

Had ordered a complete BCG replacement and a maintenance kit of springs for the trigger and lower and now have them. I did not order a new buffer tube spring. Was that a mistake on my part? I sure don't want to have to turn my rifle into a baseball bat when I want it most. Am I looking for problems that are not even there yet, after 1,000 rounds? What say you maintenance gurus?

By the way, why is DPMS only offering these types of parts for G II rifles and not my LR308 any longer? Brownells sent them in DPMS packaging.

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Had ordered a complete BCG replacement and a maintenance kit of springs for the trigger and lower and now have them. I did not order a new buffer tube spring. Was that a mistake on my part? I sure don't want to have to turn my rifle into a baseball bat when I want it most. Am I looking for problems that are not even there yet, after 1,000 rounds? What say you maintenance gurus?

By the way, why is DPMS only offering these types of parts for G II rifles and not my LR308 any longer? Brownells sent them in DPMS packaging.

So nothing is broken or malfunctioning correct? I have 4 parts kits and 3 bcg rebuild kits for spare parts. If your asking if it’s wise to stockpile parts then YES! If you are going to switch parts out after 1k rds and no significant failures then no, I wouldn’t. No need. Wait until you need to.

2 hours ago, shepp said:

Just dropped my payment in the mail for my AR45 lower to Justin......

its possible to enable years later

YES!!!!!!       :thumbup::laffs::lmao:

Go hit up some of that KeepShooting as a source for Grease Gun mags, brother...   Lemme help you out a a little...  :banana:

https://www.keepshooting.com/

This is a cool thread!

• 500 rounds of 308 surp
  • 500 rounds of 5.56 surp

• PSA ELPK
  • PSA  complete upper 308 Win, 18'' ss with Odin Works 15.5" FFH
  • PSA PA10 Black Logo Buffer
  • PSA PA10 Carbine Buffer Spring
  • PSA PA10 Buffer Tube

• Strike Industries King Comp With Dual Chamber
  • Strike Industries Multi-Function End Plate w/ Anti-Rotation Castle Nut
  • 1 Hexmag SR25/AR10 .308 Magazine