• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Armed Eye Doc let me know how that x39 build goes. It's my masochistic pleasure to build that caliber. An AR in 7.62x39 can be a real PITA at times. You just have to be gas conscious and not afraid to pull out worthless parts. We'll get you squared away. Shepp got his running like a champ after we T&E a few stock parts and replaced them with some fairly inexpensive replacements.

6 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

@Armed Eye Doc let me know how that x39 build goes. It's my masochistic pleasure to build that caliber. An AR in 7.62x39 can be a real PITA at times. You just have to be gas conscious and not afraid to pull out worthless parts. We'll get you squared away. Shepp got his running like a champ after we T&E a few stock parts and replaced them with some fairly inexpensive replacements.

Thanks in advance for the help I know I'll need.  I ordered this kit.  It has all but the lower and mags.  Up front, I only plan to change the trigger.  But that will likely change.:thumbup:

7 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It comes with everything except the lower.  I do have a Larue trigger that I planned to put in it. 

7 hours ago, shepp said:

Ok just keep in mind you need somthing with a pretty hefty strike, I ended up having to go back and order the heavy duty spring kit cuz I was getting light strikes here and there

All three LaRue triggers I have bought came with an extra spring, a heavy one just for that purpose. Let me know if yours didn't Doc.

11 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

All three LaRue triggers I have bought came with an extra spring, a heavy one just for that purpose. Let me know if yours didn't Doc.

Now that you say that, I believe mine did as well.  I bought 2 of them with the last sale.  I looked at them and put them up for future builds that I thought might come up soon.

Have a PSA PA10 complete lower en route, which is why I joined this forum. I've wanted an AR-style .308 rifle for a while, and noticed that PSA had these on sale for $159 so I jumped on it (my local FFL said he couldn't touch the price, it was below dealer cost). 

Having ordered the lower a week ago, I've been searching for other options besides the PSA uppers, and I've quickly learned how difficult it is to build a Franken-gun in this platform. I built an AR-15 from scratch and it was easy to source parts, this has been a nightmare. No manufacturers will give me a clear answer as to what's compatible with what, and I've come to the conclusion I should have started with an Aero Precision lower, I like the look of their offerings and the reviews I've seen online.

Hopefully the PSA upper isn't as bad as some reviews say they are... if so, I'll end up with a serviceable .308 AR for under $700 which would be pretty awesome. We shall see..

Thanks for the welcome! I'll add to the intro section soon.

A company called Veriforce Tactical offers a complete upper assembly that they claim is compatible, so I'll try to find more information about them. They're the only manufacturer that has responded claiming they're compatible with PSA lowers. 

Glad to hear the Gen2's seem better. I want a budget AR but still something reliable and adequately accurate. 

3 hours ago, hillpitcher2006 said:

Glad to hear the Gen2's seem better. I want a budget AR but still something reliable and adequately accurate. 

If you have not already, you should read the PSA part of the forum.  There is some really good information about successful rifles and what was done to make them that way.

Broke down and ordered a mech armor tac ops CH. mainly based on the recommendations here. 

The stock CH kept coming in latched under recoil. Right, there is not a lot of recoil. It happens when firing. 

I normally shoot an AR 15 NTCH but the 308 is a little beefy for that and I shouldn't have to use my nose to keep the CH engaged when firing.  

Due in on 9/11. 

I got a 26" barrel for my 11/87 coming from midway, the week of your birthday they give you a discount fyi I saved 35$ on this. Ilthe barrel I have now is ported And my hunting partner hates me so I ordered a new one.

just wait till we shooy at night that ported barrel is going to light up the night ??