• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mr. Shipley busts anotherone

unforgiven

Every year I take a certain member here (also my uncle) to a local gun show. I love pointing out to him everyone wearing a SF shirt/hat/pin. At some point he's going to figure out my simple pleasure of watching him grimace at strangers.

He's going to read this, and I'm already laughing.... because the next gun show is only a few weeks away.

I once jumped a guys sh!t for saying he was a vet. I was arresting him at the time and he was yelling about how poorly I was treating a "Disabled Vietnam Nam Veteran...

That's when I finally got his age, did the math in my head, and blurted out publicly that he was only 17 when Nam ended. I then pointed out that the 4 measly years he still claimed to have served, we're non conflict years and he never put boots on a battleground...

His response... "I'm a veteran of the era."

I continued to publicly rip his ass in front of God and country. His night ended in lock up. I made sure to point out the flaw in his story to everyone we crossed before he could change his story.

Oh, and the "disabled" portion of his story... not a military injury. It was much later, through a series of poor life choices and large quantities of drugs and alcohol, that got his dumbass injured.

Fukc'em all

Just another case of "I was there when it all went down...."

Lol. On a boat. But sometimes we go ashore and shop for trinkets.

Sounds like someone who was just around here???? Hmmmm wonder what happened to him???

I once jumped a guys sh!t for saying he was a vet. I was arresting him at the time and he was yelling about how poorly I was treating a "Disabled Vietnam Nam Veteran...

That's when I finally got his age, did the math in my head, and blurted out publicly that he was only 17 when Nam ended. I then pointed out that the 4 measly years he still claimed to have served, we're non conflict years and he never put boots on a battleground...

His response... "I'm a veteran of the era."

I continued to publicly rip his ass in front of God and country. His night ended in lock up. I made sure to point out the flaw in his story to everyone we crossed before he could change his story.

Oh, and the "disabled" portion of his story... not a military injury. It was much later, through a series of poor life choices and large quantities of drugs and alcohol, that got his dumbass injured.

Fukc'em all

Piss pour excuse, just like the real ones don't brag the real ones don't use those "excuses"

I was working with a Walmart tech who was claiming to be special opps after the Cold War disarming nukes in Russia yada yada yada, I kinda bought that, kinda. Then he told me that he stopped a bank robbery a few years back, guy had a 1911 in his face but he could see the safety was on and he whooped that guys ass. The news media came but he declined cuz they couldn't put his name in the paper?!? That's when I realized his stories were just that. Fakers of the funk!

Yeah, but at least you would be wearing it out of respect. Not trying to pretend to be something that you're not (or weren't). Big difference there. You're a proud papa Larry.

As for the rest of these low-life's. I'll never understand these phonies of the world. They're self-indulgent, self-centered and weak minded. They lack self respect.....moreover, not respecting the honor of the uniform (regardless of branch).....or the code. I've never served....but I've known many Marine. And It's made me proud when any of them have called me their brother. Not out of service....but of mindset. And I would never dishonor any of them by pretending to be something without having earned it. Period!

And I'll proudly give (a civilian) OOH-RAH out to all of my brothers everywhere (especially to you jokers around here). Service members or LE....or others that are like-minded.

I say put the hat on. It ain't like your wearing a Purple Heart or badges/patches that make it look like you were something. I had a Padres hat once...and I never played ball. It's just like supporting a team.

Edited by DNP

I say put the hat on. It ain't like your wearing a Purple Heart or badges/patches that make it look like you were something. I had a Padres hat once...and I never played ball. It's just like supporting a team.

Exactly right. If that ball cap isn't a regulated piece of issued uniform, I'd wear it all the time. Except indoors of course....