• Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
imschur

Welcome to 308ar.com!

4 minutes ago, DTNG_TX2TN said:

New to the forum, new to the .308, lot's of time on the AR platform, lot's of mods to existing AR-15 which made it easy to pickup the .308 AR. Have a DPMS Gen 2, owned it less than a year and so far I like it except for the flash hinder and quad rail. I went with the Recon since I needed to mount lights and IR for night hunting hogs. Hoping to learn what really fits on them. Planning on replacing the flash hinder with a BCM comp and  replacing the hand guard with one from Samson. 

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the site.  Enjoy your time here.  Be advised this is the last point of no return for your wallet.  :evil:

HI from behind enemy lines. At least it feels that way living here in Berkeley CA. I had a SCAR for a minute and would have had a Desert Tech MDR, but settled on the LMT 308 MWS as my only battle rifle. It has been 18 months now and I am really happy with it. 

I make a living as a mechanical designer and systems guy focaused on innovation in action sports equipment. I recently filed patents on new lean steering technology for skateboards and the like which allows tight turning, deep deck lean, and speed stability (no more speed wobbles). Anyhow, given my work and gear tendencies it is natural for me to tinker with the rifle as an on going process. 

I am 62 and a relatively new shooter, I look forward to getting to know you folks, to learning, and building skills. 

Thanks for having me, 

Rasyad

Save up for the Desert Tech. It's on my wish list as well. I think I'll go .375 Cheytac when I win the lotto. 

On 7/11/2018 at 11:11 PM, Rasyad said:

HI from behind enemy lines. At least it feels that way living here in Berkeley CA. I had a SCAR for a minute and would have had a Desert Tech MDR, but settled on the LMT 308 MWS as my only battle rifle. It has been 18 months now and I am really happy with it. 

I make a living as a mechanical designer and systems guy focaused on innovation in action sports equipment. I recently filed patents on new lean steering technology for skateboards and the like which allows tight turning, deep deck lean, and speed stability (no more speed wobbles). Anyhow, given my work and gear tendencies it is natural for me to tinker with the rifle as an on going process. 

I am 62 and a relatively new shooter, I look forward to getting to know you folks, to learning, and building skills. 

Thanks for having me, 

Rasyad

Welcome from Wisconsin, profession sounds awesome!!

welcome!  what type of skateboarding are you modifying?

Hi Sketch, 

Longboards first, including electric skateboard front trucks. Feel free to PM and we can talk off line if you are interested in more info. 

Rasyad

22 hours ago, Rasyad said:

Hi Sketch, 

Longboards first, including electric skateboard front trucks. Feel free to PM and we can talk off line if you are interested in more info. 

Rasyad

cool bro im an old street skater.. this wont work for me and my knees are shits! I saw a kid last week on a single wheeled motorized board. hope your project grants you a notch in the ever bounding skateboard! they dont make em like they usta!  If you like street skating check out the king of the road show. its a Thrasher mag competition on the vice channel.. yes vice but its what i usta could kinda show.. these kids are true stuntmen! some oldschoolers are gests on the show with plenty of shenanigans! cring worthy!!

On 7/16/2018 at 9:39 PM, sketch said:

cool bro im an old street skater.. this wont work for me and my knees are shits! I saw a kid last week on a single wheeled motorized board. hope your project grants you a notch in the ever bounding skateboard! they dont make em like they usta!  If you like street skating check out the king of the road show. its a Thrasher mag competition on the vice channel.. yes vice but its what i usta could kinda show.. these kids are true stuntmen! some oldschoolers are gests on the show with plenty of shenanigans! cring worthy!!

I love king of the road, and honestly I like vice too....