• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did you buy today?!

Cali_Ed

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old man flew rc planes when I was a kid, he had one similar to that big SS nose cone go fast plane. One day it wouldn't respond to his remote and went into a nose dive, when it hit the ground it made a 2' hole in the ground. He used to fly with this old guy Ed he was a navy man in WWII, grumpy old cuss I wish I would have known him later on in life is like to have heard his story. One day Ed got his hand caught in the prop starting one of his planes idt he lost any fingers but it F'd him all u

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot i posted this. Yeah we had a ball fishin. Ove r 200 smaller big mouth in 2 days. Kept bout 55 of em and fried em up for last night camping. Rods worked great and bass took the 5 inch 925 sinkos like candy. The plane is coming along and just got in the charger and new reciever and battery for it. Gonna be fun once im back to that level (its a race plane). Been out a few days getting my skills back to normal after 15 years. Gonna be fun.

And shepp, my old man got his hand chewed up one day thanks to me lol. At 14 i competed in freestyle aerobatics for rc planes. I would throw a leg infront of the horizontal stabilizers to hold the plane while my dad would start it. Well one day he forgot his glove and of course it was the one time i didnt have the stabilizer against my legs. She fires up and leaps forward 2 inches. Just enough for that 21" carbon fiber prop to bite my dads hand. Lol blood spray on plane and 4 nice clean slices on top of his hand. He lit a cigar and told me to go get my flight in since we had just gotten there.FB_IMG_1436656041073_zpsoxdcu5f9.jpg

Edited by bubbasks

Ok Robo is gone this thing is really tricky at first and just when you think you got it dead bats!! gf is gonna be pissed when the lights go out in the house and the flashlight! Relode time is 40 min and shoot time is 5-6 min if I turn off the LEDs !!

^^^ You sneaky bastard.

Technically yesterday, but I snagged the AR-10 rail and adjustable gas system from our man mrraley. Been waiting to track those down to put together my 2nd SASS rifle. Hell, since he use to work for Armalite, I'd love to go crawl through his garage....basement....trunk of his car.....sock drawer. I'd probably be able to find all sorts of stuff. <laughs>

...another day....another rod setup. Salmon opened up today... lamiglas x11 salmon/steelhead rod and shimano cardiff 400 and a big handful of silvertron X blades and 7 strand. I have a problem. Please help me.

I hear you bro I've spent way to much on fishing gear this year.......

I think the Kawasaki Concours guys are just as bad as yall about provoking people to buy stuff lol maybe provoke isnt the right word...um yall post cool gotta have stuff thats irresistible. Ordered a Penske 8983 and Traxxion AK-20 fork kit for the Connie.

• shepp unpinned this topic