• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail?

imschur

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets just say I'm spending more on postage than the products!.....that's the draw back with living at the bottom of the world...with a over priced under stocked market.......got to love the USA and your selection!!

Oh yea.....theres a heap of things on the way....I have 7 USPS tracking numbers to watch...the frist is in NZ now!

Got a 308 barrel from Rainier, and slick side upper from JSE on the way.  Also DPMS carbon fiber ff tube coming from DPMS.  They're swapping out a defective aluminum one and upgrading me for free!

mmmmmmm i love carbon fiber your a lucky man!!!

Got a 308 barrel from Rainier, and slick side upper from JSE on the way.  Also DPMS carbon fiber ff tube coming from DPMS.  They're swapping out a defective aluminum one and upgrading me for free!

Hi  204  the Rainier barrel will be a tackdriver for ya!

<thumbsup>  Wash

Hi  204  the Rainier barrel will be a tackdriver for ya!

<thumbsup>  Wash

Thanks for the good words guys!  I sure hope it shoots well, it's gonna look killer for sure!  It's the cheaper select barrel, I know who makes those and I know they're not highly thought of here.  But they have a satisfaction guarantee, and I've read good about them elsewhere.  It's the perfect profile I was looking for, and in stock to boot!  I about peed myself when I stumbled onto it!

Yep, It was finally time.  My first 308 receiver set, MEGA ma-ten.  ALG trigger (thought i'd give it a good test), and JP SCS buffer.  We'll see if i have a shooter or not in a couple weeks. 

New here, wanted to say great community.  Thanks for the information and effort you guys go to here.

Getting ready to pull the trigger on enough parts to build a M-15 upper.  MidwayUSA birthday discount,  good savings.  Still have a few days to mull it over.

On hold in the shopping cart:

VLTOR upper receiver with ejection port cover installed & shell deflector,  no provision for forward assist.  DPMS 12 inch (rifle length) slotted free float tube (includes barrel nut that interfaces with FF tube).  A2 flash hider,  crush washer.  VLTOR BCM gunfighter large charging handle mod 3 for AR-15 (2,  one for this new build and one for my existing AR-15,  1 - 9 twist).  Some other bits and pieces.

Also need:

Will pick a MidWest Industries low profile gas block and gas tube to match the barrel.

And then:

Barrels seem to be difficult to find recently.  Everything is out of stock.  I wanted a Rainier mid-profile or heavier stainless 1 - 7 twist 18 inch;  and  Rainier BCG together,  headspaced.  Both out of stock.

Looking at a Daniel Defense 18 inch 1 - 7 twist with "S2W" profile (whatever that is?),  black. 

High-dollar barrels are available,  too costly for my blood. 

BCG's are all out of stock with no backorder.

Other relevant information:

I do not have the tools or place to put an adequate workbench;  I will take the collection of parts to a gunsmith for assembly.  That is,  installing and torquing the barrel/barrel nut/FF tube,  flash hider,  gas tube & gas block.

I am asking:

What is this with barrels and critical parts? 

Your best guess--  go ahead and order what there is or wait until barrels and BCG's are available again?  Or blow off the whole project?

I can,  of course,  use the BCG in my existing rifle for both uppers.  The rifle I have has less than 400 rounds through it.  Headspace might rear its ugly little head,  but the odds are in my favor?

I would like to know what you think?  In the forum or PM?