• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Happy Veterans Day!

Armed Eye Doc

For the history buffs. Some of our fathers were involved 
Some very interesting World War II Facts.  Many you would not believe or were even aware of. 
The first German serviceman killed in the war was killed by the Japanese.

. The firstGerman serviceman killed in the war wa

Over 100,000 Allied bomber crewmen were killed over Europe. 
. Over 100,000Allied bomber crewmen were killed ove

More U.S. Servicemen died in the Air Corps than the Marine Corps. 
. More U.S. servicemen died in the Air Corps that th

Polish Catholic midwife Stanisawa Leszczyñska delivered 3,000 babies at the Auschwitz 
Concentration camp during the Holocaust in occupied Poland. 
. Polish Catholic midwife StanisBawa LeszczyDska deli

In World War II, British soldiers got a ration of three sheets of toilet paper a day.  
Americans got 22. 
. In World WarII, British soldiers got a ration of thr

In 1941, more than three million cars were manufactured in the United States.  
Only 139 more were made during the entire war. 
. In 1941, more than three million cars were manufactur

Four of every five German soldiers killed in the war died on the Eastern Front. 
. Four of everyfive German soldiers killed in the war di

Only 20 percent of the males born in the Soviet Union in 1923 survived the war. 
. Only 20 percentof the males born in the Soviet Union in

In World War II, the youngest serviceman in the United States military was Calvin   
Graham - age 12. Graham lied about his age when he enlisted in the US Navy.   His real age was not discovered until after he was wounded.  (Unbelievable) 
0. In World WarII, the youngest serviceman in the

Only one out of every four men serving on U-boats survived. 
1. Only one outof every four men serving on U-boa

The Siege of Stalingrad resulted in more Russian deaths (military and civilian) 
Than the United States and Britain sustained (combined) in all of World War II. 
2. The Siege of Stalingrad resulted in more Russi

To avoid using the German sounding name 'hamburger' during World War II, Americans 
Used the name 'Liberty Steak.' 
3. To avoid using the German sounding name hambur

Adolf Hitler's nephew, William Hitler, served in the US Navy during World War II!!! 

Adolph Hitler and Henry Ford each kept a framed picture of the other on his desk.  
5. Adolph Hitler and Henry Ford each kept a frame

During World War II, the largest Japanese spy ring was actually located in Mexico. 
6. During World War II, the largest Japanese spy

The mortality rate for Russian POWs in German camps was 85 percent. 
7. The mortalityrate for POWs in Russian camps wa

Had it been necessary for a third atom bomb, the city targeted would have been Tokyo. 
9. Had it been necessary for a third atom bomb, t

An Imperial Japanese Army intelligence officer, who fought in World War II,   
Hiroo Onoda never surrendered in 1945. Until 1974, for almost 30 years, he held his position in the Philippines. His former commander traveled from Japan to personally issue orders relieving him from duty in 1974.     
0. An Imperial Japanese Army intelligence officer,

Total casualties for World War II totaled between 50 - 70 million people, 
80 percent of which came from only four countries - Russia, China, Germany and Poland.  Over 50 percent of the casualties were civilians, with the majority of those being women and children. 

1. Total casualties for WorldWar II totaled betwee

Veterans are people who, at one point in their lives, wrote a blank check payable to the United States   Of America, for an amount up to and including their lives.   Remember ALL of our Vets..

0?ui=2&ik=803500b00a&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1616859181425338714&th=16703cdbe8afa95a&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_ZMqBiJxIvsd-H_9Y2wX8G70fec2UmsAOSR7zsiNSKrVUout9GHq5_0e23FwiwSWdteh6wSUjO2QQO92nNuKxvEmMmzQffRmB32LmSFc66qaSQ4kL5OzZK0R0&disp=emb
  FREE Animations for your email by IncrediMail 

Click Here!     

pixel.gif?upn=2102003439081164010

26 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

In World War II, the youngest serviceman in the United States military was Calvin   
Graham - age 12. Graham lied about his age when he enlisted in the US Navy.  

This reminds me of my wife's step-father, enlisted in the Navy at 14. Of course he had lied about his age, story is an older family member signed for him claiming he was 16. He was a patriot for sure but he described it as more to do with having a bed and three meals a day than wanting to fight. He didn't claim any veterans benefits until his 70's, knowing he lied on his enlistment papers he was afraid of getting in trouble. I believe there was some sort of amnesty on this before he started using the VA, got his GED through them. A humble man, a working man, a great man.

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

This reminds me of my wife's step-father, enlisted in the Navy at 14. Of course he had lied about his age, story is an older family member signed for him claiming he was 16. He was a patriot for sure but he described it as more to do with having a bed and three meals a day than wanting to fight. He didn't claim any veterans benefits until his 70's, knowing he lied on his enlistment papers he was afraid of getting in trouble. I believe there was some sort of amnesty on this before he started using the VA, got his GED through them. A humble man, a working man, a great man.

The greatest generation ever

my grandfather wasn’t able to fight, he had his ear drum punctured during a military physical by a nurse. He was devistated that he was unable to fight with his brothers, but he got a job in the train yard here in my home town the GM plant was producing munitions. When he was 24 he was setting the brake in a train car when he was knocked off and lost both his leg above the knee....

thank you to all the vets out there

I'm signed up at many vendors for the .mil account, and this year, I received more emails than ever - that meant something.  In the past, it's just the broadcast email announcing a sale, etc. This year, there are real messages to veterans going out. 

This is what Rainier Arms put together and sent, and it's excellent.

Primary Arms sent a great message, too.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

My grandfather was a POW in Mussolini occupied Italy. Tough bid for an first generation Italian American. For 13 months he was given two potatoes a day for forced labor. He led 22 men over the border in an escape that carried them through the southern alps into France, Spain and finally Portugal where he was picked up by allied forces. 9 men made it home. I was the first one to hear his story. He asked me not to serve, feeling betrayed by his country for not receiving VA benefits for many ailments until he was diagnosed with cancer too late. I would drive him to chemo as a teenager and did as he asked, with a heavy heart. 

I serve today domestically, with pride, the best I can to honor him. I serve with some of the best men I know, veterans who all sacrificed in one way or another. 

My my brother from another mother here, a ten foot tall hairy three rowed tooth beast,  is among these men. To TOMASS and all the other vets on the board, I salute you!

D5CB574F-7713-4A4A-9B16-74755188B292.jpeg

Many thank, brother, sincerely.  Nowadays, it goes both ways, for LEOs.  That is a job I would not want to have - you don't even know who the enemy is, everyone dresses the same, someone's holding - something - and they all want you away from them or dead.  Sounds alot like the Middle East right now, except it's within our borders.  IMHO, Law Enforcement in this country is the toughest job on the planet.  If they let you guys jump out of airplanes, I still don't know if I would have done it.  The past decade has gotten even worse, with ambushes, and the general, total disregard for LEOs.  It's unreal what it's become.

My hat it off to YOU, man, more than you know - and all you other guys here, Rob, Jay, ARTrooper... 

To do what you do, daily, in these times...   You guys are hard motherfuckers.  :hail:

Greg - your grandfather passed that gene to you.  It doesn't always hit every generation.  Very few are selected with that, and they do what they have to, sometimes without realizing where their life is taking them.  You are doing it now.  :thumbup: 

Edited by 98Z5V

"Never Forget"

My only regret is I live so far away from all those I served with and lost touch with many. But there is no greater bond than the one created as bullets fly by your heads and your only thought is doing your duty same as the man next to you, with no thought that this could be your brother's or your last action. My unit came through without a scratch. I didn't come home with PTSD, a battle wound, or missing a friend; but rather guilt and sorrow as I will never forget every flag draped casket I ever stood at attention for, saluting, while weeping for their far to early sacrifice and the what could have beens they left behind. 

I will never forget the men and women that volunteered or were chosen by their country to protect what it stands for. Whether they did it because of duty, the draft, college, adventure, family legacy, benefits, or a new beginning; they all served our great country and found the biggest thing worth fighting for was those beside them. I am proud to be a veteran not because of my own accomplishments, but because of the accomplishments of my unit and those I was surrounded by. 

May God grant all warriors peace from physical conflict and from within, in time. But may he never let any of us forget each other and those who stood with us at home.