• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Here

Jeff300

3 minutes ago, Jeff300 said:

Hello 308AR my name is Jeff and I live in Idaho. Been on the full30 site and saw some there that had the 308AR next to their names and thought I’d check it out. I have 1 ar10 and would like to build another and another and another and.....

Thanks

Jeff

Welcome aboard.  We might wreck you, based on your statement above.   Pick your caliber, brother...   :laffs:

Just now, Jeff300 said:

308 at the moment, mmmmmaybe 338 federal next. Still looking at options. 

Built one.  Talk to me when you're ready for the .338 Fed.  It's weird - it shoots softer than a .308 Win does.  Great cartridge.  I reload, and neck my spare .308 Win cases up to the .338 Fed, so it's almost a no-cost platform.  You'll love the thump it gives, over a.308Win round... 338 Fed is a fucking beast of a round for hunting...    :thumbup:

• 5 years later...
On 11/26/2018 at 5:01 AM, shepp said:

Welcome from Wisconsin 

an AR10, or a 308AR? 

It would be 308AR, nothing like a delayed response. 

The site locked me out just after joining, figured I had adjusted settings here and banned myself. Robocop had looked into it and said all was good on sites side and should work for me. Never did work and finally gave up. Full30 going down has left me as a lurker so, tried my saved info (yes I saved it from this long ago) and now it works. 

Reading more than posting at this point and last year picked up a Ruger SFAR 16”. Hope to get out today and shoot. 

IMG_0920.jpeg

Thank you all for the welcome! 

Lots of information here to read up on at a time of the year I need to be  working outdoors. Weather has been really nice for the last 6wks, all most feels like I maybe getting a head of the honey do list. All Most 🤣

IMG_0973.jpeg