• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

what do you guys do to maximize space in your gun safes?

wwlefty

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "AR" drawer is officially finished! I took the wooden rack I made, spray painted it black and then lined it with 1/4" thick foam using spray adhesive. I think it turned out great, the foam padding holds the stocks snug so the rifle doesn't move or lean over but not too tight to insert or remove them.

IMG_20210219_164525844.jpg

IMG_20210219_164501322.jpg

IMG_20210219_164412259.jpg

1 hour ago, wwlefty said:

The "AR" drawer is officially finished! I took the wooden rack I made, spray painted it black and then lined it with 1/4" thick foam using spray adhesive. I think it turned out great, the foam padding holds the stocks snug so the rifle doesn't move or lean over but not too tight to insert or remove them.

DAMN COOL!! 👍

12 hours ago, wwlefty said:

I'm liking that. That's a good setup.

On 2/20/2021 at 5:03 PM, DNP said:

Looks like lots of room underneath them...maybe some magazine storage?

Yes, there's a lot of room underneath. I'm thinking about tool kit and other items like stripped uppers and lowers under there. If I store something too heavy in there the sheet metal sags and the bottom of the drawer rubs on the door opening. I should have added a little more clearance in there but hindsight is 20/20. I'll probably shim the frame up in the future but for now it will work.

I finished up a pistol holder in the left upper corner using a 12 pistol holder from hyskore. I would like to have some kind of magazine mounting system on the right side but I've run short on time for this project between work and coaching my son's travel baseball team.  She's not quite finished yet but she's on hold for a while, probably until summer

IMG_20210220_144533115.jpg

IMG_20210220_151535027.jpg

IMG_20210227_110723762.jpg

1 hour ago, shrade said:

That is a pretty nice welding table. where did you come across that?

IMG_20210118_175720230.jpg

That's my friend's table. I don't know where he got it but it's great. Not having to try to put your ground clamp on a piece you're trying to weld and have the clamp twist and distort it, so nice. The smaller holes are all threaded, so nice to help stabilize stuff and weld free hand it makes little projects like these go so much faster. I worked for a half hour and we had cocktails for two hours the wife was none the wiser lol

12 hours ago, wwlefty said:

That's my friend's table. I don't know where he got it but it's great. Not having to try to put your ground clamp on a piece you're trying to weld and have the clamp twist and distort it, so nice. The smaller holes are all threaded, so nice to help stabilize stuff and weld free hand it makes little projects like these go so much faster. I worked for a half hour and we had cocktails for two hours the wife was none the wiser lol

That is a terrific table, give my left ---- for something like that!

Great work !

13 hours ago, wwlefty said:

In truth the forklift only gets it in the garage, it doesn't get it inside the house lol

It's amazing what you can move on rollers( 3/4" ridged EMT) , it's made moving switchgear and other heavy bits into the sub station easier. Mind you we aren't concerned with marking up the concrete floor.

4 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

It's amazing what you can move on rollers( 3/4" ridged EMT) , it's made moving switchgear and other heavy bits into the sub station easier. Mind you we aren't concerned with marking up the concrete floor.

this ^^^ 

also hope your floor is rated for that mass! pick looks good!🍻

On 3/3/2021 at 2:33 AM, sketch said:

this ^^^ 

also hope your floor is rated for that mass! pick looks good!🍻

Originally the plan was to go to the basement with it but my son wants a pool table so I'm thinking about taking over the garage addition and turning it into a man cave/summer kitchen/batting cage this summer so I think I'm going to leave the safe in the garage now

1 hour ago, wwlefty said:

Originally the plan was to go to the basement with it but my son wants a pool table so I'm thinking about taking over the garage addition and turning it into a man cave/summer kitchen/batting cage this summer so I think I'm going to leave the safe in the garage now

I like the plan - I like your style...   :thumbup: