• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Summer is here.

Belt Fed

That's funny^^^.

Bought a little tower ac unit for the garage.  It's my hangout,  OK it's my Fortress of Solitude,  dome of silence,  Al Bundy vacation spot,  CIC,  or defcon III hidey hole.

Hot as Hades in here,  and I get the afternoon sun for hours.  I bought some reflector material to install on the inside garage door panels.  Need to punch hole through block wall and drain hole.  Perfect.  I'll probably drop dead from heat exhaustion during the install,  but if'n I make it,  Fla. summer be damned. 

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

We had a thunderstorm last night.  It will not cool us any.  It will just extend our humidity.

That's the only thing I dont miss about growing up in Kansas City! The summer humidity can be so bad there! I do miss the noise and lightning from big thunderstorms though, loved that part of them!!

13 hours ago, blue109 said:

How I greet the day in AZ

download (4).jpeg

That's the damn truth, brother. 110 is on us, and 115+ is right around the corner, if this damn monsoon doesn't show up soon.  The only thing the monsoon will give us is 10-degree lower temps, and a shiit-ton of humidity, though. It's a lose-lose here in the summer...

Wasn't too hot yesterday, our humidity was down, but before that it felt like a sauna. upper 90's with high humidity.  The time I was in Arizona and California it was hot but low humidity, it didn't feel to bad. I used to could take the really hot and humid days but the older I get the more it bothers me. I think them big cactus plants ya'll have are pretty cool. I would love to have one but don't think they would make it in the winter. plus it probably rains here too much for one.

I'll send you some cactus to try out. I have 4 big ones, two are taller than me, and don't have needles. The other two are fucking vicious evil. If I cut a chunk off, I can stick it in the dirt, and it'll grow a brand new cactus. I bet USPS priority mail could get you a chunk that still lives, if you stick it in your dirt as soon as you get it... 

Bout the same in Northern Michigan as the San Diego forecast above. Running brake lines front to rear on one of my E-350s so just about perfect temp wise for shade tree wrenching. Wanted to get out the range this weekend but may wait as the place is going to be packed. Monday thru Thursday pretty much have complete run of the place.

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'll send you some cactus to try out. I have 4 big ones, two are taller than me, and don't have needles. The other two are fucking vicious evil. If I cut a chunk off, I can stick it in the dirt, and it'll grow a brand new cactus. I bet USPS priority mail could get you a chunk that still lives, if you stick it in your dirt as soon as you get it... 

Thanks for the offer, we can get them here, but everyone I have planted outside has not made it. I have never seen one here outside. Probably would make it in a greenhouse.. Speaking of too much rain, hurricane Barry is headed straight up Arkansas through Louisiana. I hope everyone there will be safe. they say we might get 6 inches of rain.

91F today. Went out 16 miles to a reef on Superior to fish this morning. It was slow, only got two hits and boated one. Like glass out there. Had 10,000 of the most vicious biting flies descend on the boat. Bit right through cotton socks. Glad I wore long pants and a long sleeve guide shirt, otherwise I would have been toast. Flies finally drove us off the lake.