• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Happy Thanksgiving and eating.

RedRiverII

Turkey coma day.  My Thanksgiving Day family turkey baker did it again.  One of the best tasting,  tender and moist turkeys to date.  Thanks Jenn.  I'm a drumstick guy,  always have been,  ever since I was a youngster.  Nobody I know can make a decent gravy though, it's always overly saturated with fat.  It tastes good at first and when it begins to cool off,  yuck!!!  Any Chef's here,  or good gravy makers?

So we did something different, wife's conno drum was the dark meat could cause the breast meat to be a little dry. So this time she took off the legs/wings and cooked them separately. 

We had been doing a lot of baking , got ready to put the 2 breast in and the stove won't come up to 350*. Once engaged the oven comes to temp right now. Go to plan B fire up the GM had hickory pellets stick in the breasts. Wife just got the Ninja air fryer that was recommended by my daughter after alot of research. Cooked biscuits, stuffing and sweet potato. From frozen to cooked in less than 15 minutes for other stuff. I think the ignitor failed. Got to have a plan B 😁

Edited by unforgiven
Bad hands

We had a lot of issues. Was hoping to smoke, but the weather thought otherwise. On to the trailer ovens. One in the new trailer, one in the old. First issue was a hole in the bottom of the turkey pan. Melted butter smoked like hell all afternoon. Power went out for a couple hours mid day and the cold was giving us problems with propane. Ran out on one trailer and the new bottle didn’t seem to want to get the job done. Finally came together by cramming as much as we could in one oven.  Gotta have a plan C. 

5 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

Turkey coma day.  My Thanksgiving Day family turkey baker did it again.  One of the best tasting,  tender and moist turkeys to date.  Thanks Jenn.  I'm a drumstick guy,  always have been,  ever since I was a youngster.  Nobody I know can make a decent gravy though, it's always overly saturated with fat.  It tastes good at first and when it begins to cool off,  yuck!!!  Any Chef's here,  or good gravy makers?

Buy a fat separating cup. Pour the drippings in there and in about ten minutes the fat should float to the top so you can pour most of it off.Helps make the gravy less greasy.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1353716/oxo-good-grips-fat-separator.jsp?skuid=91342538&ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=FOOD PREP&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=bing&CID=shopping20&utm_campaignid=73065140&utm_adgroupid=2721884607&msclkid=3eabe7934c2117a980dcba723f46ec71&gclid=CMeykt-VkOYCFVzktQodRR0GOA&gclsrc=ds

Edited by Sisco

1 hour ago, DNP said:

We had a lot of issues. Was hoping to smoke, but the weather thought otherwise. On to the trailer ovens. One in the new trailer, one in the old. First issue was a hole in the bottom of the turkey pan. Melted butter smoked like hell all afternoon. Power went out for a couple hours mid day and the cold was giving us problems with propane. Ran out on one trailer and the new bottle didn’t seem to want to get the job done. Finally came together by cramming as much as we could in one oven.  Gotta have a plan C. 

Way to go brother 👍 

Heater guy comes on Monday. We’ll look forward to being able to stay warm this winter.  Electric fireplace was doing all it could to keep the chill off the indoor temp - except while the power was out. Damn global warming...this ain’t how Turkey Day is supposed to be in San Diego. 

870325B1-8356-4D93-B3CB-CE0EBAD965EC.jpeg

64E77A7C-7F37-45D7-8B4A-8AB4C2DB6C90.jpeg